Tidbits/Dottie

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dottie: Received this announcement in the mail the other
      day...Bard College is just up the road from me...

      "The Institute of Advanced Theology at Bard College presents Fall
      Luncheon Lectures on Religion and the Environment. the Sacraments of
      Mary Magdalene, and Giving Voice to 'Silenced Women'".

      I know the fellow, Rev. Dr. Bruce Chilton who'll speak of the
      Magdalene...nice fellow, who didn't know much about Steiner.

      Currently, reading (then rereading some sections) of "Isis Mary
      Sophia", had a flash on one of the lectures...no point in bringing
      up on this list.

      Liked your sermon about the constant negativity here abouts,...so an
      addendum to it:

      List Prophet

      Woe to thee, Papacy
      I damn the bloody Vorstand
      The hurricane be Bush's fault
      God curse the Yankee heartland

      A Prophet's task is really tough
      I got that straight from Steiner
      Well maybe not, for one like me
      An accomplished, committed whiner
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hey Gaelman,

        My 'sermon' was a bit out of line I would say and just
        my frustration with how others are always blaming
        others.

        I mean its like we have all these expectations of
        others but we have no idea of the expectations/hopes
        that the Angels have for us. I mean its feels like
        such a hipocracy. Anyway, it wasn't very well thought
        out or put and just 'oh boy here we go again'.

        I guess everyone seems to think of what was supposed
        to happen after Dr. STeiner left didn't. And I guess I
        wouldn't agree. It may have gotten top heavy and so
        forth but its all good. We've righted ourselves. And
        the close students of Dr. STeiner that are rumored to
        be amongst us today, whether just coming or already
        arrived, understand that we are moving towards
        understanding the Christ Will. And that took time.

        And wow, I just get sick sometimes when I hear a term
        like 'Silenced Women' it feels like such victimhood
        and I guess I so don't relate to that in a way. I
        remember being so freaked out by the poster for the
        movie Jody Foster did about the cannibal man: a
        butterfuly covered her mouth. And that so bothered me
        to the point when I read the term 'Silenced Women'
        that is what came up for me.

        I guess above all Gaelman I am a person who thinks we
        are right on time. We can not do anything about the
        past. Not a damn thing but complain or learn. And I
        choose to learn and move forward. Move forward and
        what do we have to show for our very own selves let
        alone trying to show for someone else.

        Anyhow, how bout bring the thought you had from the
        Sophia on line as I am always one who believes that it
        is better when more people here of things as this may
        lead to even greater understanding or even another
        insight.

        Best,

        http://mail.yahoo.com