Content, Context, Contact

  • wdenval@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2005
      The discussion of the dodecahedron and the movie "Contact" reminds me of the old question regarding the tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it. Does it make a sound or not?

      As I recall, and I haven't seen the movie since it came out so I could be wrong about the details but the dodecahedron was one aspect of the vehicle. The dodecahedron was a framework or skeleton that enclosed a metal sphere and neither of these moved. The dodecahedron encased sphere was dropped into a field of energy formed by counter-rotating metal rings.

      I remember this distinctly, because at the time I was struck by the correspondence to a popular meditative practice involving the counter-rotation of the etheric and astral bodies around the stationary ego and physical body. I have never attempted this myself, but I know many people who have and the effects are said to be similar to what was depicted in the movie.

      Anyway, I guess my point is that like the tree falling and creating a vibration requires a receiver to hear it and thus "make" sound-the good Doctor could have sat in her sphere all day and never gone anywhere without being dropped into a prepared field. Or the energy field could have been established but no transportation would have occurred without the sphere. There must be both a sender and a receiver-a transport and the transported. Likewise, there must be both an anthroposophy and an Anthroposopia.

      My two cents,

      Val
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 1:46 PM
        Val brillianty contributed;

[...]

        Wonderfully observed, and wonderfully refreshing to hear your
        thoughts again. Certainly we could elaborate a great deal on how
        richly you presented what you recalled. So, so much better than the
        lack of grasping, seeing, connecting, even to the mighty deed that
        brought the three kings to Zarathustra. The Star Beings worked
        directly with a Conscious Zarathustra in planning, planning What?
        The giant prophetic outline of the OT and NT and Zarathustra's
        amazing work to break through to the stars of the Astral world, to
        grasp deeply the etheric time body and finally to open the reality
        of matter, Man and Spirit, penetrating down to the very bones.

        Each detail requires breakthroughs into Spiritual Science and each
        stunning effort to reveal how this Star wisdom is integrated changes
        the entire paradigm of STephen Hawkings and current Nasa science
        dribblings, into the world of Beings. There is a moment where Jodie
        Foster is watching herself, watching herself as she frees herself
        from Time...Integrating Einstein and the last gasp of Carl Sagan
        into a breakthrough where we encounter the Human Being as the 12-
        fold system, each with the five faces on twelve sides.

        We call these studies that were lightly mentioned by Steve Hale and
        Terence the Platonic Solids and Kepler did the same thing in his
        stunning work and then we begin to see that Kepler, "Contact" and
        Steiner's profound Dodecahedron as the twelvefold human
        system....What can I tell you?

        Let me say this: Man or Woman in the URN room where the
        great "Representative of HUmanity" resides, as the new vision of the
        Solar Being of striving humanity, in this Urn room the ashes of
        hundreds and hundreds of Anthros are in individual Dodechahedron
        crystals. Some clear, others with different colors, hundreds of
        fomer Michael School souls ashes are in those Dodecahedron. I know
        because I was the keeper of that room for three years.
      • deborah byron
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1 2:06 PM
          in this Urn room the ashes of
          > hundreds and hundreds of Anthros are in individual Dodechahedron
          > crystals. Some clear, others with different colors, hundreds of
          > fomer Michael School souls ashes are in those Dodecahedron. I know
          > because I was the keeper of that room for three years.

          For several reasons I've been looking into 'green burials' lately, a type
          of burial in which the unembalmed body is laid to rest directly in the
          earth in a simple shroud, wooden or cardboard box etc., leaving behind the
          necessity for a tomb, a casket, and the absurd expenses of conventional
          funeral services. I find myself questioning the purpose of one's ashes
          being placed in the manner described above--is there some effect gained,
          for the individuals--for humanity, in leaving a remnant of one's body
          behind in this particular way?
        • Stephen Clarke
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1 4:52 PM
            Dear Deborah:

            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "deborah byron"
            <laquerencia@c...> wrote:

            > in this Urn room the ashes of
            > > hundreds and hundreds of Anthros are in individual Dodechahedron
            > > crystals....
            > I find myself questioning the purpose of one's ashes
            > being placed in the manner described above--is there some effect
            gained,
            > for the individuals--for humanity, in leaving a remnant of one's body
            > behind in this particular way?

            You know, Deborah, I wish there was someone here that was more
            conversant in such matters than am I - it's deep occult territory -
            but my intuition, based upon some familiarity with the issues involved
            via amy work with R. J. Stewart (esp. those having to do with
            Sleepers), is that I am also doubtful about what might be going on.
            Binding the dead to the earth-realm is a matter fraught with
            consequences, and I think that is what is going on. When my ashes get
            scraped out of the oven, I hope they get dispersed ASAP (unless I get
            green-buried, that is). Not that any of them (the issues or
            intentions) need be bad, but great skill as well as great wisdom is
            required.
            One of the Seven Sacred Rites of the Sioux, as brought to them by Pte
            San Win was on of binding the spirits of the deceased elders to the
            tribe - but only for a specified period of time, at the end of which
            there was a releasing ceremony. In the meantime, such bound souls
            participated intimately in the cultural life of the people. The were
            not"teh dead"; they had sinmply "gone back."
            Ritual internment of "saints" whether by Catholic church via relics or
            even whole cadavers underneath the altars or in the Mesoamerican
            pyramids is/was S. O. P.
            Are there any in the Society at Dornach who are capable of occulty
            overseeing the aaims of such internment. And what is the purpose of
            such internment? Are those whose ashes are retained there aware of
            what use may be made of their remants; is there consent to whaatever
            occult process in which they are engaed? Or is this atavistic Sentient
            Soul activity?

            I really do wonder.

            Stephen

            I'm not saying its bad, only that I wonder whether whatever is going
            on is conscious - something that certainly should be a priority in the
            Age of the Coonsciousness Soul.
          • Steve Hale
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1 6:03 PM
              Did Bradford say he was keeper of the room for three years?
              Creepy. Especially if he was conscious. The URN Room. Wow.

              See, this is the pure cultic crap that exists today. And Bradford
              was there. Now I think I understand why we get these long, self-
              indulgent pieces of personal glorification. Gonzo Bradford. I
              think he said he also swabbed out the offices.

              Steve

              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clarke"