Goethe Science and Christology

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2005
      http://www.pp.bme.hu/so/2003_2/pdf/so2003_2_08.pdf

      "Even very late in his life when writing about polarity, one of his
      most often used concepts, also employed in this essay, he writes: `I
      had not failed to learn from Kant's scientific writings that forces
      of attraction and repulsion are essential properties of matter, and
      that, within the latter concept, the two are inseparable; this
      opened my eyes to the fundamental polarity of all things, which
      infuses and animates the infinite variety of the phenomenal
      world'.These are not the words of the `sceptical' Goethe. On 24th
      May, 1828, Goethe, at nearly eighty writes:

      `The missing capstone is the perception of the two great driving
      forces in all nature:
      polarity and intensification.'"

      Bradford comments;

      I challenge you, as Goethe did, to enter into the rising plant
      world, the little flowering creatures and observe, as Goethe did,
      how the forces of a little whirling circle, spiral, rise up the stem
      and spin to the periphery, leaf, to leaf to leaf and as the rising
      little hurricane of stable energy comes to the point where it
      flowers, we see the peripherial leaf spin, slow, contract and
      intensify to produce the potent force of blossom and Seed and even
      Fruit.

      Repeat this process of observation again and again, detail it in our
      imaginations, the distinct reality of the start of the process, the
      tiny circle of stem, step ladder stages where leaf or branch is spun
      out..and sometimes even the form of the leaf changes as it comes
      towards the contraction point of producing the powerful astral
      display of blossom...the living personality of the plant or fruit
      and fiery seed. These Goethean studies, as intimate and delicate as
      they are produce a keen objectivity and a Science state of soul that
      takes in the whole dynamic impression of how etheric forces move in
      nature.

      The study leads out into space and anti-space, into levity and the
      healthy plant and the science of biodyamics. Steiner detailed these
      investigations so profoundly and students of Steiner's have so
      profoundly detailed the studies that Goethe began, of Polarity and
      Intensification, so that intensification is where we see the
      external forces, slowly contract, pull themselves inward, no longer
      pressing outward to the periphery, to intensify the little explosion
      that will be the color and scent, the astral touch of the plant with
      the ehteric Angel world.

      On top of this, we have no soul at all if, from this observation, we
      suddenly see a butterfly hover over a blossom and cannot put two and
      two together. From this perspective I could launch into a Karl Konig
      essay on Speech, the blossom and the butterfly that would plow you
      under. But that is an enhanced form of polarity and intensification
      that allows what we have seen in the plant dynamic, to be compared
      alongside the same observations in the neighboring insect realm of
      caterpillar to butterfly development. All of this stands under the
      heading of Polarity and Intensification and it was Goethe who lifted
      the veil of these observations and it was Weimar where the Nazis
      chose to attack.

      Naturally as bumbling students of Spiritual Science we might think
      that the foundations of the depth of Spiritual Science rests on
      clear cut Consciousness Soul Science that earns its bones on the
      basis of grasping the dynamic reality of nature herself. That is
      true, but it wisps and constantly willows away from people and
      drains right out of their soul. One wonders what being drains
      cognition and reality out of our souls and leaves us constantly
      empty and basically dull.

      From our Goethean grasp of reality, Steiner profoundly applies and
      we also can observe carefully and also fully apply this stunning
      reality of polarity and intensification to the human events that
      reveal the force of Nature we are describing, working directly as a
      Sun Force Being in the human kingdom and in the inward human sheaths
      of physical, etheric, astral and I AM of one Zarathustra/Jesus.
      Luckily Steiner raises Goethean Science to a height never before
      dreamed of when he lays out polarity, contraction and
      intensification in the events and miracles that lead beyond Golgotha.

      The intense Polarity and Intensifications that are operative
      directly in visible nature can be measured with exact insights in
      the stages of Polarity and intensification that the Christ Being
      brings about as He roots himself in the active forces of the human I
      AM, nested in physical, etheric and astral sheaths. This study of
      intensification and polarity, of the process of lifting the veil
      away from mere reading the Bible to the fully dynamic process where
      the miracles, so called miracles, arise that lead to the summation
      of Golgotha as a crowning moment where the the laws of polarity and
      intensification are concretely realized from out the sheaths of a
      human I AM, to verify and certify Initiation Science as the keys to
      the unlocking of the riddle of The Turning Point of Time are mind
      blowingly astonishing. Anyone who can't find their way to the
      astonishment is truly a sorry, sorry hobbit.

      In the next installment I will show how that polarity and
      instensification was unveiled by Steiner and reveals the stunning
      Goethe Science that reveals the hidden dynamics that arise in the
      full tale of the NT document. That is, even if we understand that
      the OT and the NT are part of a vast text to isolate the ONE who
      carries the Initiation of the Earth, all the way to the Turning
      Point at Golgotha and into the Resurrection as Accomplished Deed, we
      really don't understand the exact science of polarity, contraction
      and intensification as concrete facts.

      All of this can be studied with the clarity of Goethean Sciences and
      Steiner walks us through it. Yes, look carefully at the plant and
      how it creates a little operative rising spiral, a point and a
      circle and then watch how life and etheric signatures and shaping
      forces take this tiny expression of life and expand, and slowly
      contract and intensify and finally stunning color bursts forth from
      the contracted, contracted, intensification. A little spiral magic
      wand, swirling around the little plant, spun by the love of Angels?
      What Science, what magic is this?

      There is the plant world and how do we overlay this plant world
      model into the superstructure of the Christ Event? Do you think, do
      you even imagine that humanity can't see this? Why is it rated R or
      XXX rated? No, it is there to see but it is the vast, vast
      difference between Newton and Stephen Hawking and Goethean Science
      and Rudolf Steiner. The difference in the collapsed twaddle of a
      lifeliess universe and brimming dynamic of the Sun Force of Life
      operating in the tiniest manifestation and in the most complex
      manifestation, Our Human I AM, is part of the study of true exact
      Science and schooled observation.

      People who swivel, swerve and bally-hoo, crowing over the dead bones
      and lego parts of materialistic science and walking down a road with
      shattered Humpty Dumpty parts, unlabelled, scattered to the four
      corners of the playroom, teach our children how to unthink, how to
      shatter, numb and defy the very inner thinking capacities that are
      right there before our eyes. To watch and follow in a Goethean
      manner what happens in the mini, simplification of the lab site of a
      plant, and how it is repeated over and over and over again in nearly
      every type of flowering plant, means that humanity doesn't crave to
      solve the riddle of INTELLIGENT DESIGN. Rather it want to play
      semantics with the term, muddy and murk and destroy the term
      Intelligent Design so that Michael Intelligence and Spiritual
      Intelligence will have another road block to deal with.

      In fact Intelligent Design as an overall concept has recently been
      stolen by Ahrimanic forces, just so Intelligent Design as an ideal
      will be rejected even if Intelligent design is the whole story of
      evolution. Intelligent Design is in every stage of the dynamic of
      following a plants development, through animal to the crowning
      moment of Spirit Man on Earth . So then when we get into the area
      where science denies existence of etheric, astral and I AM forces,
      it must deny Intelligent Logos forces working directly out of
      Zarathustra/Jesus or remain in diapers and act like thumb sucking
      babies. And we alllow these run of the mill dolts to teach our
      children.

      And what of Christology and miracles? Are they miracles? Are the
      results of facts of the unfolding human enhanced, intensification
      and development that arise when a human being goes through the full
      contraction, expansion, polarity and intensification in their normal
      sheaths of physical, etheric, astral and I AM,higher development-
      miracles? These are not miracles they are facts of Science. One
      wonders how long the limp doodlers in the world will poison human
      intelligence with such blunt stupidity? Blunt Force Trauma!! It is
      applied daily in our schools and we let it happen.

      As Michael students we have no justification for compromising with
      fools, unless we are so foolish that we prefer our children to be
      taught by fools so that they fit in better in a foolish world and
      retain the stamp that lower and lower educational values are
      producing in our children. Our problem is that we fail to explain,
      to walk it through, over and over again, from a gazillion new
      angles, the very reality of how Christology and Goethean Science are
      linked. It is our failure and our lack of courage that promotes the
      further dumbing down of humanity.
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2005
        R.S.

        "The pupil begins by saying to himself: `I consider the plant; it
        flourishes and grows out of the mineral soil. But if the plant could
        be conscious, like man, it should bend to the mineral kingdom, to
        the soil out of which it has grown, and say: Thou stone art today a
        lower creation among the works of Nature than I; but without thee,
        lower kingdom, I could not subsist!' And likewise, if the animal
        were to approach the plant and feel that the plant is the support of
        its existence, it would reflect; `As an animal, I am a higher being
        than thou, O plant; but without thee I could not exist!' And the
        animal would bow down with humility and say: `To thee, lowly plant,
        which art humbler than I, I owe my existence!' And in the human
        kingdom too, it should be likewise. Everyone who has climbed higher
        on the ladder should bow down in a spiritual sense to the one below
        him, saying: `Ye belong indeed to an inferior world,' but as the
        plant must bend to the stone, and the animal to the plant, so must
        man, at a higher stage, add: `To thee who art humbler than I, I owe
        my existence!'

        "Thus the plant (the ideal plant: the Urpflanz) is seen as an
        infinite series of variations on one basic form (the leaf) driven
        forward by the polarity of expansion and contraction … expansion and
        contraction up through seven cycles from cotyledons to flowering
        fruit. And back to seed again."

        R.S.

        "That is what takes place in the Raising of Lazarus. Here we have
        yet another increase in the Christ-power. The power of Christ rises
        from stage to stage!"

        Bradford comments;

        Comparing the interior of our Goethe studies of the plant world to
        the John Gospel should hardly be new to students of the Michael
        School. But it certainly is new to humanity. That humanity can even
        approach grasping the accuracy of the intensification of the Plant,
        chugging away, pulling all its powerful little forces in,
        contracting them, and leaving the visual process as a signature for
        us to study in space, and intensely contracting to produce something
        even more potent, blossom and seed, even fruit...All that in a
        little seemingly closed system, open to the wide, wide world would
        be astonishing enough, if humanity weren't so blind. Astonishing
        enough that even in the Michael School we do not connect Goethean
        Science studies with the working study Steiner did of the John
        Gospel in relation to the other gospels.

        But to have an Angel world being, the Being that stood behind John
        the Baptist, who acted as host to the great Christ Logos Being as he
        descended to the human kingdom, approaching humanity as depicted in
        the John Gospel, and to write a Logos Goethean biography of the
        stage by stage enhancement and growth of the Christ in the Sheaths
        of OR soil of the human I Am, physical, etheric, astral and I
        AM...and reveal in the text of the John Gospel the stunning
        culmination and Goethean laws of enhancement, polarity,
        intensification and link them to the expansion and extension of
        miracles, step by step, exactly the way we can observe it in a tiny
        plant system....is utterly astonishing.

        How astonishing can this be if, if, the big if, is if you understand
        what you are looking at? Now that comes as the most highly prized
        piece of Science study every undertaken. Steiner did understand what
        he was looking at and he lifted the hidden veil behind the
        composition of the John Gospel as a Goethean Science textbook study
        of the ripening, growth and flowering of the I AM in the sheaths of
        Man. Yes there are wonderful stages of implication in the world of
        the Consciousness Soul. They can start with Goethe or they can start
        with the Philosophy of Freedom, and the range of culture and insight
        that stands towering as the Consciousness Soul contributions to the
        Soul development of humanity, are still, still undiscoverd, un
        explored and unfathomed by humanity.

        Now reflect back on ourselves. How stands it with our sentient soul?
        How stands it with our Intellectual Soul? And how do we bring
        harmony and cohesion to all three of these fields to become students
        of Anthrosophia?

        http://sunrisedancer.com/radicalreader/library/wastelandends/wastelan
        dends09.asp

        "Goethe's sense of nature was an awareness of one pervasive pattern
        of process, of formation and transformation, which was equally
        evident to him by introspection and by observation. His entire life
        was devoted to the clarification of this sense of … unity in process
        … " (L. L. Whyte)

        "Unity in process"—the study which Goethe invented and named
        morphology: a remarkable new vision of nature—and Romanticism's most
        characteristic contribution to science. For morphology requires the
        Romantic relish for organic aesthetics, for fluid,
        never‑quite‑complete, creative shapings … as if one were watching
        nature sculpture itself from within, flowing through invisible,
        projective patterns … striving toward a higher end.

        Morphology holds a permanent place in biology, thanks to Goethe's
        Metamorphosis of Plants. And without the Romantic fascination with
        organic form and flux, no Darwinian breakthrough. Evolutionary
        theory builds on the morphological eye for unity in process. Goethe
        himself had no doubt whatever about evolution via adaptation to the
        environment:

        … we shall eventually regard the whole animal kingdom once more as
        an element in which one species is supported on and by means of
        another, if not actually originating one from another.

        But Goethe paired environmental selection with the internal factors
        of evolution: life striving against the odds to realize its
        archetypal form, its Urphänomen. Goethe's conception of evolution,
        merging internal thrust with external pressure, destiny with
        selectivity, was more sophisticated than Darwin's … but (seemingly)
        less "objective" because involving the notion of inner purposive
        tendency: Bildungstrieb.

        (Darwin objectified evolution by simply reading Malthus and the
        rigors of cutthroat capitalist competition into the "mechanism" of
        selection—a classic example of scientific "neutrality" adapting
        itself naively to the social ethos of the day.)

        But for Goethe, morphology reached beyond botany. It was the key to
        a universal process, which included the inorganic as well.
        Morphological dynamism was nature herself. It was the moving
        signature of the cosmos.

        The meaning of that signature? Polarity and synthesis—the energy
        behind all formative tendency: the divine rhythm. As in Blake: the
        strife and reconciliation of Los and Enitharmon.

        Goethe's major scientific speculations—in botany and color theory—
        grow from his vision of polarity moving toward an "intensified"
        union of opposites: a "higher third." The paradox‑logic of
        synthesized contraries which flows so richly down through Hegel, the
        post‑Kantians, Marx, Freud.

        Polarity and synthesis: the master image of Goethe's natural
        philosophy. Thus the plant (the ideal plant: the Urpflanz) is seen
        as an infinite series of variations on one basic form (the leaf)
        driven forward by the polarity of expansion and contraction …
        expansion and contraction up through seven cycles from cotyledons to
        flowering fruit. And back to seed again.

        Very late in life, Goethe switched his botanical morphology over to
        another polarity, which opposed the vertical to the spiral
        tendencies in plant growth. But the basic idea is the same:

        When we see that the vertical system is definitely male and the
        spiral definitely female, we will be able to conceive of all
        vegetation as androgynous from the root up. In the course of the
        transformations of growth, the two systems are separated, in obvious
        contrast to one another, and take opposing courses, to be reunited
        on a higher level."

        R.S.

        "What further increase in the Christ-power can still be possible?
        None other than that Christ should approach a human being and awaken
        in him the bearer of His own impulse, so that this human being
        becomes a new man, a man permeated by Christ. That is what takes
        place in the Raising of Lazarus. Here we have yet another increase
        in the Christ-power. The power of Christ rises from stage to stage!

        Where in the world could we find a lyrical document so magnificently
        composed? No other writer has produced such a work. Who could do
        otherwise than bend in reverence before this description of events,
        rising to a climax from step to step, in so marvellous a way!
        Considered alone from the standpoint of its artistic composition,
        the Gospel of St. John moves us to bow our head in reverence before
        it. Herein everything waxes great from stage to stage and reaches
        its climax.

        One thing yet remains to be shown. We have singled out separate
        instances showing us the rise to a climax of power in the signs or
        miracles. But much besides is related between these events. How does
        this accord with the rest, so as to form an organic whole?"

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GospJohn/19090702p01.html

        1. The sign at the marriage at Cana in Galilee.

        2. The sign given in the healing of the nobleman's son.

        3. The sign given in the healing of the man 38 years in his
        infirmity, at the pool at Bethesda.

        4. The sign given in the feeding of the five thousand.

        5. The sign given in the vision of Christ walking on the water.

        6. The sign given in the healing of the man born blind, and finally

        7. The greatest of the signs, the initiation of Lazarus — the
        transformation of Lazarus into the writer of the Gospel of St.
        John."

        We are at the beginning of specifically Christian evolution. Its
        future must bring the recognition of the entire Earth as the body of
        Christ. For Christ has dwelt in the Earth since that time and has
        created therein a new centre of light. He penetrates the Earth,
        sends His radiance forth into the world, and remains eternally
        united with the aura of the Earth. To see the Earth today devoid of
        the Christ-Spirit underlying it, means seeing nothing but the
        corruptible, perishing earth, the decomposing corpse; into however
        many small particles we split it up, we see nothing but the corpse
        of the earth in dissolution if we do not understand the Christ.
        Wherever we see nothing but material substances, we have an illusion
        before us. In the same way you do not find the truth concerning the
        human inhabitant of the Earth when you study his decaying corpse. If
        you study his corpse you cannot (without being inconsistent) but
        regard the earth and its elements as composed of material atoms, and
        it is quite immaterial whether they are extended in space or are
        centres of force. Atoms of which our earth is supposed to be
        composed can only be the corpse of the earth; something which is
        continually dissolving and will one day vanish when the earth itself
        is no more. For the Earth is in dissolution! The truth will escape
        us until we see in every atom a part of the Christ-Spirit which has
        been there since that time. Of what then does the earth consist,
        since it was penetrated by the Christ-Spirit? To the last atom the
        Earth consists of Life, since Christ permeated it, and atom is
        devoid of value nor can it be recognized in its true nature unless
        we see in it a sheath that encloses a spiritual part; this spiritual
        element is a part of Christ.
      • holderlin66
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2005
          The present shock running through the western world is GWB's embrace
          of the term "Intelligent Design". Now in the Michael School we can
          have a good laugh that such an idea as "Intelligent Design" was
          subverted into the term Creationism. Here on this thread of Goethe
          Science and Christology I have lined up with Steiner to show the
          incredible Goethean Science behind the unfolding text, that Steiner
          shows step by step, how the growth, intensification, contraction,
          expansion and polarity forces move the miracles step by step up the
          ladder from within the soil of the physical, etheric, astral and
          psycho spiritual sheaths where the I AM has been placed in its
          nurturing soil. It is shattering proof of Intelligent Design.

          But now we hardly can hide in the reality of "Intelligent Design"
          without easily falling into Ahriman's fundamental trap set for the
          Michael School. Everything about Goethe Science and Christology has
          to do with Intelligent Design and everything having to do with the
          unfolding of the Consciousness Soul has to do with Spiritual
          Science. There is no wiggle room on these issues, but there is
          plenty of irony and Ahrimanic sarcasm, verging on total idiots humor
          voyaging with a Ship of Fools.

          No, no I like Science but even from this list we tower, tower above
          the twaddle and tiddly-winks of the struggle between fundamentalism
          as Intelligent Design, in the Sentient Soul and Evolution and Darwin
          as stupidity of the Intellectual Soul. There it stands. "Intelligent
          Design" has retrograded itself backwards and is in the process of
          dynamically retarding the very progress of the Consciousness Soul
          Sciences and forcing humanity to become tangled in the stupidity of
          literalism and Creationism.

          Now Michael School students might not think this is important turf
          and as a diligent pupil of the Michael School, I would have to say
          you are nuts if you think this doesn't rip into the struggle of just
          such a brilliant comparison of the Miracles and the unfolding system
          of Goethean plant Sciences and their relation to history and the
          unfolding of the OT and NT texts... If anything it is at this key
          juncture that the Michael School should be saying, "Who's version of
          Intelligent Design are we talking about?"

          http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=22258

          "Day 1,654. I continue to be dumbfounded by how dumb he really is.

          I don't know why I can't just accept it as some of the others here
          at the outpost have. We've known it for more than four years. Even
          so, my jaw drops whenever we get a harsh reminder.

          Today he told a captive audience of journalists that teachers in
          what is left of our public school system should be
          teaching "intelligent design" as an equal alternative to the theory
          of evolution.

          "Intelligent design" is his code word for creationism - the belief
          that God waved a magic wand one day and - poof! - there we were,
          fully evolved humans standing in the garden, partially clothed and
          hankering after apples.

          The mere fact that he was made president should be proof enough that
          we aren't even yet fully evolved! We were headed in the right
          direction, but logic has now taken a U-turn down the neural pathways
          of the collective American brain into a cul de sac labeled The Dark
          Ages.

          And now he wants creationism - a belief as anachronistic as the sun
          revolving around the earth - elevated to the status of scientific
          theory.

          The scientists here at the outpost - what a scared lot they are
          right now, especially after he rejected their global warming idea! -
          tell me the word "theory" is reserved for special occasions. If
          something gets to be a theory, as evolution has, then there's
          overwhelming evidence that it's really, really true.

          Creationism, on the other hand, is not science. And unless you're
          among the crowd that takes the Old Testament literally - locusts and
          pillars of salt and the works - it's really just a parable. A
          religious parable.

          Actually, I thought this was all settled back in the 1920s. But here
          we are.

          Millions of people of both logic and faith have no problem with the
          idea that God and Darwin can coexist. They figure God created the
          raw materials for humans, then humans evolved so the species would
          survive. That's still a heck of a creation!

          They give God full credit for creating the starter dough, so to
          speak - but he gets the credit in church, not school.

          Yet now the leader of the free world - if not free thought - wants
          teachers to tell our children that creationism and evolution are
          equal but different scientific theories.

          How ironic when, in fact, he's living proof of evolution! I've seen
          him on our television here at the outpost. I know how close-set his
          eyes are. Perhaps this is all a matter of denial on his part.
          Perhaps his simian ancestry hits just a little too close to home
          when he looks in the mirror..."

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2005
            Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

            "I think that this insisting on the literalness of the Gospels has
            been much [MIS]understood. If, fe, [either iron or 'for example'] we
            take the story of Jesus walking on water, we get the image of a
            Yeshiva student ice-skating in summer.

            But Steiner meant "literally" from a spiritual scientific point of
            view, i.e., that they saw somethng other than his physical body
            walking on water - which is hardly what the unwashed consider
            literal."

            Exactly!!!!!

            http://www.lewrockwell.com/buchanan/buchanan31.html

            "In the "Monkey Trial," 80 years ago, the issue was: Did John Scopes
            violate Tennessee law forbidding the teaching of evolution? Indeed
            he had. Scopes was convicted and fined $100.

            But because a cheerleader press favored Clarence Darrow, the
            agnostic who defended Scopes, Christian fundamentalism – and the
            reputation of William Jennings Bryan, who was put on the stand and
            made to defend the literal truth of every Bible story from Jonah and
            the whale to the six days of creation – took a pounding.

            The aim of his defenders was not to prove Scopes innocent, but to
            humiliate the fundamentalists and persuade a higher court to throw
            out the Tennessee law. But today, Darwinism is in the dock. Dogmatic
            believers in evolution are facing challenges to the claim that their
            doctrine is established truth, scientifically proven.

            "Intelligent design" is the banner under which evolution is being
            put under siege, and the methodology of attack is the one Darrow
            used on Bryan: Prove to us that your theory is true, because it
            seems to contradict common sense.

            If, for example, we are told a forest is uninhabited and, while
            walking in it, come across a garden, with plots of tomatoes, beans,
            corn and cabbage, reason tells us someone lives here. The garden
            presupposes the existence of a gardener, for it reflects intelligent
            design. As does Stonehenge, that millennia-old marvel of gigantic
            stones placed one upon the other in a fashion that is not
            accidental. Though we know not how it was done, an intelligent being
            did it.

            The same is true of our universe. Not until recent centuries did we
            discover that the Earth is not its center but, with the other
            planets, revolves with mathematical precision around the sun. As a
            watch presupposes a watchmaker, an ordered universe argues for an
            ordered intelligence. Call it the First Cause, the Prime Mover, the
            Great Watchmaker, but this world appears to be no accident.

            Our ordered universe was created out of chaos. Who or what created
            it? The latest theory of the evolutionists is the "Big Bang," a
            gigantic explosion, eons ago, did it.

            But from common sense and experience, when – ever – has an explosion
            created order? Explosions destroy. And if the Big Bang was due to an
            explosion, where did the chemicals come from? And who lit the
            firecracker that caused the Big Bang?

            As a wag has put it, to believe an explosion created an ordered
            universe is like believing a hurricane roaring through a junkyard
            can create a fifth-generation computer.

            And there are gaps in human evolution. Where are the missing links
            between lower and higher forms? Where are the intermediate forms?
            Why are they not everywhere? As for that picture on the wall of the
            biology class, showing a reptile crawling ashore, then moving on
            four legs, then dragging his knuckles, then straightening up, then
            walking on two legs, then becoming the man of today – is that really
            how it happened? Or is that a theory, a belief, an act of faith of
            the Darwinists? Is there really all that much difference between
            that picture and one of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?

            Science itself points to intelligent design. For most of man's
            existence, we did not understand the laws of gravity, the laws of
            physics, the laws of chemistry. But applying those laws today, we
            can send a rocket millions of miles and strike a distant planet,
            predicting impact to the minute. But does not the existence of these
            natural laws imply the existence of a lawmaker?

            How can evolution explain the creation of that extraordinary
            instrument, the human eye? How can it explain DNA? Only in the last
            century did we understand that molecules can be broken down into
            atoms and subatomic particles, and the force that holds them
            together. Did all this come out of nothing? If it all came from
            something, where did the something come from?

            What causes a disbelief in Darwinian fundamentalism, the Genesis of
            our secular elite, is not only Christian faith, but reason.

            In an editorial, "But Is It Intelligent?" the Washington Post
            accuses President Bush, who spoke warmly of intelligent design,
            of "indulging quackery." "To pretend that the existence of evolution
            is still an open question," sniffed the Post, "is to misunderstand
            the intellectual and scientific history of the past century."

            The Post notwithstanding, we are not pretending. Evolution fails to
            answer the arguments of reason. And parents have a right not to have
            their children indoctrinated in an unproven belief system, one
            purpose of which is to destroy their faith.

            A Solomonic solution. Let parents choose between having their kids
            spend a year in biology class cutting up those poor frogs and being
            indoctrinated in evolution ideology – or a year studying the Old and
            New Testaments as the greatest book of Western Civilization and
            literature, and the basis of morality and ethics. As they say,
            freedom of choice."

            Bradford concludes;

            There has never been a better moment to choose Waldorf Education.
            The texts books and research work that I use and Waldorf Teachers
            use from pupils of Spiritual Science and the essays from this list,
            including this particular thread of Goethe Science and Christology,
            run so clearly into stunning examples, for any imagination, any
            thinking human being of not only Intelligent Design but the
            mandatory revealing of etheric, astral and I AM systems that support
            the physical world of the five senses.

            I have used the plastic image of the Dorsal fin, the wings, the
            paws, claws and how human shoulder blades, and wings themselves,
            before on this list, to reveal something so stunning about the tiny
            hands of the giant whale or the fully spread, fingers touching,
            clasping and feeling the air currents, of the giant eagle. The
            Dorsal and the locked or unlocked shoulder blades creates the point
            where we understand the middle area where the human being stands,
            between soaring Eagle and sauntering sea-horse.

            When we look at the roles of the male and female sea-horse, we are
            stunned at how completely they reverse the sexual models from the
            spectrum of the sea; and in the air, the Dove reverses the model of
            the sexes again. Out in the soaring region of the overextended
            shoulder blades, stands the Eagle. In the depths of the sea, fins
            and dorsal locked shoulder blades of the famous "Jaws" music and
            shark hump. In the middle, on middle Earth, stands the human being
            with free hands and unlocked shoulder blades. In a state of Goethe
            balance.

            And we have books, chalkboard drawings, study material, main lesson
            studies that reveal the Intelligent Design in all these facts. Just
            looking at an Orange or cutting open an apple and you will observe
            math, geometry and reality, from the pumpkin to the primrose.
            Waldorf lifts, centers and opens the locked doors of insight,
            thinking and perception and gives children solid ground to work
            with. And I have taught in public schools and Waldorf Schools and
            the astonishing difference, even if I combine and extract the
            disordered mess of good research from silly and incomplete research,
            constantly lets one see the mess and shrunken wreck and chaos of how
            the public schools approach the unfolding child and the curriculum.

            But, Frank more than most of you, know this, as he is right in the
            middle of Waldorf Land. If Frank chose an adventure to retire into
            after viewing the whole world's mysteries and having a wonderful
            Intelligence and a wonderful life, Frank chose to stand within the
            highest humanism and greatness with all his good senses. And this is
            the choice most of us make out of the seeming arbitrary nonsense of
            the mangled mess of the thinking that surrounds us.
          • holderlin66
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 10, 2005
              You never know where you are going to find polarity and
              intensification, truth vision and wisdom. But the job is to identify
              and see stunning insights in the thoughts, words and ideas of our
              fellow human beings. There is no other point where we are going to
              be driven either to hell or to heaven other than throuch navigating
              the insights of human thought.

              For instance:

              "Occasionally, Tournier zigzags his way to a remarkable thought. In
              ``Animal and Vegetable,'' for example, he starts by contrasting the
              mobility of animals and the stasis of plants, and ends with a
              startling formulation.

              ``The animal's ability to move is dependent on muscle,'' he writes,
              ``which functions by using the energy released by the formation of
              carbon dioxide (co 2). The chlorophyllian function of the plant, on
              the contrary, uses solar energy to break down the carbon dioxide and
              make the separate elements available to the animal. In short, the
              profound difference between the animal and the plant is that the
              plant performs an analysis of co 2, the animal a synthesis.''

              Bradford continues;

              Polarities of such effects and near sightedness and farsightedness
              or hysteria and epilepsy reveal wonderfully strange interior
              relationships. Dogs for elilepsy and cats for hysteria sit like
              barometers in households, sometimes it is only the dogs and cats
              that seem to hold things together.

              "Tournier's writing is more lightly burdened than the philosophers'.
              Because he prefers to illustrate thought with image, he often takes
              an unexpectedly humorous turn.

              ``Cocteau said he preferred cats to dogs because no one has ever
              seen a police cat,'' Tournier writes in ``The Cat and the Dog.''
              ``But no one has ever seen sheep cat, a hunting cat, a guide cat, a
              circus cat, a sled cat, and so forth, either. It seems to be a point
              of honor for the cat to be useless, which doesn't keep him from
              claiming a better place than the dog in the home.''

              Bradford concludes;

              Once again, I would have to insist that when we look at the Angel's
              work in the plant world and when we look, as Steiner did, at the
              hovering Hebrew Inspiration around the biographical outline of
              Christ in the John Gospel, we see into not only a Goethe profile of
              the enhancement and growth of forces inside the soil of an I AM, but
              we also see how the Angel looks into the flowering plant or the
              flowering of the human spirit.

              As a drama student, my favorite book, coming out of Spiritual
              Science studies, was "Shakespeare's Flowering of the Spirit". But
              this is an applied bridge from the type of merged Goethean study
              Steiner did when he walked inside the super consciousness of Angelic
              vision and the human community and outlined for us that the slow
              rise and intensification of so called miracles in Zarathustra/Jesus
              was really revealing the laws of intensification and polarity in the
              profound soil of the sheaths that the Angel views in relation to
              their activity in the plant world and the nurturing activity in the
              sheaths and soil of the soul of their human charges.

              But the Disciples, all of them, got the Angel of the Hebrew People
              to hover over the whole lot of them. This Archangelic Being, the one
              that hovered over John the Baptist, merged with the how human beings
              intelligently and scientifically could approach the realm where the
              sheaths of humanity and the plant kingdom's soil could reveal in
              human words and ideas, in a literature form, the stunning working of
              the higher worlds behind the events of the completion, and full
              development of the Hebrew people. That Hebrew language and Hebrew
              people that would produce a Spirit Man, was monitored and lifted
              into the meeting where Lazarus and the beheaded John combined. In
              other words, the Folk Spirit/Angel of the Hebrew people shifted from
              the Hebrew people to the growing band of Disciples.

              Spiritual Science is exactly what it says. It looks at the miracles
              as unfolding Science and looks upon the human community as part of
              the unfolding destiny of the science of the I AM. The only place you
              can study this I AM as a Science, is with Spiritual Science and that
              dear friends is the task of entering and taking hold of the
              Consciousness Soul with all our feeble courage.

              http://lilipoh.com/article_issue07.html

              "It is the angels of the Bible that are behind nature, indeed are
              nature. The spiritual beings that the ancients called 'gods' are the
              same beings we call `angels.' Once humans and angels worked together
              under special circumstances in the creation of the nature kingdoms
              of the earth. Thousands of years before Christ, Sun King of the
              Angels, conquered death with His resurrection, knowledge of Him was
              taught in the Atlantean Sun Oracle. Oracles were the forerunners of
              today's churches. They were the names of ancient places where wise
              men and women were instructed in the mysteries of creation by our
              angelic teachers. The highest oracle (sanctuary) was that of the Sun
              (Christ = Son) Oracle. This Sun Oracle survived the biblical Great
              Flood in the region we call Ireland today. The mysteries of the Sun
              Oracle metamorphosed into the Hibernian (Irish) Mysteries after the
              final destruction of Atlantis.

              At the time of the Hibernian Mysteries the etheric energy (life
              energy) of the earth was of a much purer, living state, declining
              after the demise of the Mysteries. It would take a spiritually
              conscious humanity to resurrect the aging earth. In biodynamics
              Rudolf Steiner and the farmers he taught brought back the
              relationship between the earth and the cosmos, between humans and
              angels. Science is not science unless knowledge of how the angels
              create life is relearned. All earthly life is but a manifestation of
              these spiritual creators.

              Biodynamic science marks the end of the common misconception of
              Darwinian theory that humans are evolved earthly monkeys, and shows
              that humanity is a divine spiritual hierarchy, one step below the
              angels. It is a path back to the Kingdom of the Sun.

              Article reprinted with the kind permission of Bradford Journal

              http://www.doyletics.com/arj/tshrvw.htm

              "Observe a growing plant. In time it will add leaf after leaf as it
              reaches for the sky. The essence of the plant is minerals organized
              by its etheric or life body. With its etheric body, the plant can
              create roots, stem, and leaves, but leaves alone will not help the
              plant to reproduce itself. Something that is not in the plant is
              required for that to happen.

              Sure, the plant can change the color of some of its leaves, it can
              organize these colorful leaves into a corolla, create a calyx of
              sepals, some male stamens, some female pistils. All this the plant
              can do alone with just its mineral and etheric bodies. What the
              plant cannot do alone is to create a seed with the potential for
              creating a new life. For that purpose the plant requires help from
              higher beings. Any being that possesses an astral body, which the
              plant is lacking, will do. [Remember from the Table of Evolution
              that plants at [2,4] are beings that were not able to create an
              astral body during the previous Epochs.]

              Imagine a plant all abloom with flowers and no higher beings observe
              or visit its flowers. Lacking an infusion of astrality from higher
              beings, the flowers will wilt, and its seeds will fall to the ground
              to return to their mineral condition [die].

              Imagine the same plant in full colorful bloom with bees buzzing in
              and out of the flowers, crawling all over the pollen covered stamens
              and dropping pollen from their legs onto the waiting pistils. As the
              bees thus carry pollen from the stamens to the pistils, some of the
              bee's astrality attaches to the pollen and becomes attached to the
              seed that results when the pollen impregnates the ovule inside the
              pistil.

              Now a miracle happens! The mineral and etheric plant takes on an
              astral glow surrounding its flowers, and the seeds have the
              potential to create a new plant. It is as though the bee, or the
              bird, or the human gardener, or the angelic garden spirit has
              created a copy of the final plant in astral form and has attached
              this astral blueprint to the seed, as a holographic image for it to
              grow into as the seed begins to sprout in the earth. New life has
              been created from the plant with the help of beings higher than
              itself.

              Where are you, dear Reader? Are you producing leaves in your life?
              Are you like the plant producing leaf after leaf and wondering
              whether life is just about producing more and more leaves? Or are
              you producing flowers that will fall to the ground seedless? Where
              are you in your stage of evolution? Would you prefer to go it alone,
              to do it all yourself, using only your Mineral, Etheric, Astral, and
              Ego bodies? Or are you open to the energies and assistance from
              beings whose relation to you is similar to the relationship of bees
              to flowers? Is there an angelic glow that surrounds you even now?

              In the world of spiritual activity we are as free as the flowers: we
              can choose whether to open ourselves to an infusion of energy from
              higher beings or not. Each one of us is a free agent of evolution,
              and it is our openness, our attentiveness, and our industry of
              application that will determine whether we finish our class with the
              A's or the D's.

              And what is the task of Human Beings in this Earth epoch? It is to
              proceed to the next higher level of development at [5,4]. On page 67
              and 68 Steiner explains what has to happen. To summarize: he says
              that our I or Ego Body has to work on Astral Body to attain mastery
              over it to create a Spirit Self or Manas. Then the I can work on the
              Etheric Body to create a Life Spirit or Buddhi. In the next phase
              the I works to overcome the powerful opposing forces of the Physical
              Body to create a Spiritual Body or Atman."
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 10, 2005
                Frank:
                > But Steiner meant "literally" from a spiritual
                > scientific point of
                > view, i.e., that they saw somethng other than his
                > physical body
                > walking on water - which is hardly what the unwashed
                > consider
                > literal."

                Frank, this is the second person that commented on
                your quote and I would like to add my 'Exactly' as
                well. I always had a hard time getting past when the
                Steiner students would say 'Dr. STeiner says that we
                are to take everything literally'. And you, my dear
                friend, have the most fantastic expression of what he
                meant. Thank you.

                All good things,
                Dottie

                fingers crossed

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Steve Hale
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 10, 2005
                  Bradford, you said:
                  "But, Frank more than most of you, knows this, as he is right in the
                  middle of Waldorf Land. If Frank chose an adventure to retire into
                  after viewing the whole world's mysteries and having a wonderful
                  Intelligence and a wonderful life, Frank chose to stand within the
                  highest humanism and greatness with all his good senses. And this is
                  the choice most of us make out of the seeming arbitrary nonsense of
                  the mangled mess of the thinking that surrounds us."

                  So, what does this mean Bradford? Does Frank consider himself some
                  kind of Rick Blaine expatriot in Casablanca? Why does he treat
                  people like shit for what they believe? What does he know that is
                  greater than we know? And why can't his humanism embrace others
                  without the lofty 'PooBah' pedestal he places himself on? People
                  deserve to be treated with respect. Does he feel they need to earn
                  it before he gives it? If so, I say, bullshit.

                  Steve
                • holderlin66
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 26, 2005
                    IN ev'ry hour of joy

                    That love and wine prolong,
                    The moments we'll employ

                    To carol forth this song!
                    We're gathered in His name,

                    Whose power hath brought us here;
                    He kindled first our flame,

                    He bids it burn more clear.

                    Then gladly glow to-night,

                    And let our hearts combine!
                    Up! quaff with fresh delight

                    This glass of sparkling wine!
                    Up! hail the joyous hour,

                    And let your kiss be true;
                    With each new bond of power

                    The old becomes the new!

                    Who in our circle lives,

                    And is not happy there?
                    True liberty it gives,

                    And brother's love so fair.
                    Thus heart and heart through life

                    With mutual love are fill'd;
                    And by no causeless strife

                    Our union e'er is chill'd.

                    Our hopes a God has crown'd

                    With life-discernment free,
                    And all we view around,

                    Renews our ecstasy.
                    Ne'er by caprice oppress'd,

                    Our bliss is ne'er destroy'd;
                    More freely throbs our breast,

                    By fancies ne'er alloy'd.

                    Where'er our foot we set,

                    The more life's path extends,
                    And brighter, brighter yet

                    Our gaze on high ascends.
                    We know no grief or pain,

                    Though all things fall and rise;
                    Long may we thus remain!

                    Eternal be our ties!

                    1775.

                    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's poem: Song of Fellowship