Re: Gonzo Journalism and the ZeitGeist

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 474 , Aug 3, 2005
      Objective issues are objective issues. To study objective issues is
      to shake oneself loose from the grip of hypnotic lies. When
      Spiritual Science examines Caiaphas, and the Christ event, we
      discover that the Ahrimanic forces that Steiner described and the
      Luciferic forces Steiner described, equally or unequally, that
      attacked the Christ Being several times. Once in the desert Christ
      met with a combined inner mystical attack of Foundational Beings who
      tested the metal of the Christ Being. Yet this all happened without
      witnesses. How about that, no witnesses, just inner trama and

      On the other hand Caiaphas as the Ahrimanic symptomology of humanity
      put Christ and Pilate in a legal bind and forced humanity to
      constantly come to reexperience this Caiaphas dilemma. Re-experience
      the Caiaphas dilemma, even while an Initiate of Steiner's caliber
      was bringing the Consciousness Soul foundations to the world as
      public Initiation Science. When we study the Caiaphas dilemma we
      study both the Ahrimanic and the symptomology of Ahriman's relation
      to power and the symptomology of the human soul.

      If you say this is the ugly and unproductive side of the world and
      you don't want to hear or see this brand of ugliness, well then we
      have the Luciferic side of good ole Herod who was also interested in
      Christ and John the Baptist as cool new age seers and magicians that
      Herod could get all paparazzi and hollywood groupie about. In one of
      the exact profiles of Ahrimanic activity we can look at the Mr.
      Potter character in the brilliant film, "It's a Wonderful Life"
      against George Bailey. We can look at the Scrooge character as also
      an Ahrimanized profile. Or we can study as well the Luciferic
      aspects of Herod or Michael Jackson.

      "At a celebration of Herod's birthday, the young and beautiful
      Salomé danced for Herod, his lords, commanders, and leading men of
      the estate, peeling off each of seven veils in turn until she was
      wearing little or nothing. Herod was so pleased by her dance that he
      made a solemn oath in front of all his guests to give her whatever
      she desired. At her mother's prompting, Salomé asked for John the
      Baptist's head on a plate."

      In any event, with the Caiaphas dilemma and Steiner's Ahrimanic
      studies we can build into our souls exact visual and intellectual
      clarity as to the symptomology of how events look. We can also look
      into the depths of recent history and compare Amerika, it's present
      condition with Nazi Germany and be so accurate that it should stir
      some sense of wakefulness. But these are all part of the Christology
      studies and the Spiritual Science studies that give solid ground to
      the foundations of the Consciousness Soul. Without these solid
      foundations you cannot be certain, clear, crystal as to what you are
      seeing and if you are seeing what you are seeing when you think you
      are seeing it.

      The following essay is really crystal clear and is worthy of study.
      Mind you, all this that you are seeing is taking place in pure
      thought, in pure thought, that is the upside of the internet, at
      least right here, we don't bring the visuals to back up everything
      that is said, so therefore it is in pure, attention span deficit,
      Mercurial thought.

      What exactly do we look at when we study such an intellectual essay
      that spans two time periods? We see through the window of history
      into the powerful events of 1933, Oh, when Steiner would have been
      on the Earth 72 years and Weimar was the place where Ahriman was
      outlined, studied and nailed by both Goethe and Steiner. Ahriman
      didn't just quietly sit there, he took revenge. Revenge is also a
      key symptom of Ahrimanic activity, especially when the truth punches
      the lie right in the eye. That is what the Wilson/Rove Lie of the
      Iraq was is about, Ahrimanic revenge.

      After Weimar and during Steiner's crystal clear attacks on the
      Ahrimanic, Ahriman woke himself in the masses of people and pounced.
      But Amerika is a far juicier bit of global menace than even Germany
      was. What lurks in the masses can be stirred up in the exact same
      manner in Amerika as it was in Germany. And do Michael students
      still stand amongst Beings, human and otherwise, as well as powerful
      thought forces of the I AM, they do. You stand in pure thought to
      compare and see, see into pure thought with firm clear common sense
      as your weapon.

      "The Blums – Nazis in a regime dedicated to the extermination of an
      entire culture – were just plain folk. The average citizens of a
      sophisticated metropolis, whose Daddy went off to a daily job and
      whose slender, fashionable Mommy had a ready smile and excellent
      baking skills. Just like any family in, perhaps, New York City, or
      Los Angeles. And that's the whole point: The Blums were simply part
      of what Noam Chomsky calls "The Moveable Herd." Their downfall was
      inertia, their sin was indifference. And, how are they any different
      from our current American citizens?

      These people listened to – and believed in – whatever propaganda was
      shoved down their throats. Josef Goebbels, the master of this
      technique, stated clearly that if you told a lie, the bigger the lie
      and the more you repeated it, the more it will be believed.

      David Brock, in his book The Republican Noise Machine makes a clear
      statement about how current propaganda works, right here in the good
      old USA. He describes in validated detail how the current
      administration's destruction of an independent media, and the
      resultant "Fairness Doctrine" have eliminated mass critical
      thinking; For instance, states Brock, in a recent CNN/Gallup poll,
      42% of Americans still believe that Saddam Hussein was involved in
      the September 11 terrorist attack on the US, and 32 % believe that
      Saddam Hussein personally planned the attack.

      Is this weird, or what? Propaganda sure is powerful. Think about it:
      Why would an enemy who was clearly and definitely labeled as
      having "Weapons of Mass Destruction" have to resort to an airplane
      crash to bring down those twin towers?

      Mark Crispin Miller, professor of media studies at New York
      University, explains more of this. "The Age of Information," he
      writes, "Has turned out to be the Age of Ignorance." He goes on to
      expose how CNN and Fox News ripped apart the credibility of Scott
      Ritter, the leading expert on Iraq's weapons – a man who, based on
      the validity of his research – stood firmly in the way of Bush and
      Company's invasion of Iraq. No one hears anything about Scott Ritter

      Back in Nazi Germany, it was the same. Not just the Blum's but all
      their compatriots were faced with a variation of cognitive
      dissonance, which the dictionary defines as "A condition of conflict
      or anxiety resulting from inconsistency between one's beliefs and
      one's actions." Harold Thomas, who supplied this information,
      compares it to "opposing the slaughter of animals and eating meat."

      Harold goes on to explain how this manifests nationally, making the
      comparison between "then and now" truly simple. He states: "It is
      being at the complete mercy of the benefits and good will of a
      ruling power, which one has been trained to love and respect, only
      to discover that said power is an evil tyrant, sucking resources
      from its beneficiaries and conducting unspeakable evil in their
      names." This phenomenon easily produces cultures completely out of
      touch with reality.

      Of course, in Germany, after the economic debacle of the Weimar
      Republic which caused such a severe depression that persons were, in
      fact, on the edge of starvation, it is easy to translate Harold
      Thomas's analogy from "Opposing the slaughter of animals and eating
      meat" to: "Opposing the slaughter of animals and gobbling down any
      meat available so as not to starve to death."

      There was also then – just as there is now – a kind of secret
      satisfaction. "Yes, dammit, kill those dirty, greedy capitalist Jews
      with their arrogant, money-grubbing, thieving ways," just as, today,
      it's, "Well, we all know how Muslims are: Perverted, autocratic
      terrorists, Talibans, every one – Git 'em to Gitmo; or, better yet,
      whack 'em. Besides, we're sure running low on oil. Just look at
      those gas prices. It's those damned OPEC Arabs; it's All Their

      Here, in our current USA, we have no excuse such as that deadly
      German economic depression of the early '30s to invalidate our own
      ethic, our own morality. Here, we cheerfully allow the slaughter of
      anyone and everyone, because we simply do not care enough to put a
      stop to it. Whether it is condoning the Ku Klux Klan, which – even
      today – burns crosses on the lawns of African Americans who dare to
      move into white neighborhoods; or whether we cheerfully gulp down
      whatever propaganda is fed us regarding why we assaulted Iraq in the
      first place, it's all the same. "Yeah, yeah," we say in
      conversational tones of voice at social occasions, "Too bad our guys
      are getting killed over there. It's those damn Muslims again. Oh
      well, we'll win eventually, and the only good Rag Head is a dead Rag
      Head, after all." Our inertia actually makes those 1930's Germans
      look like our clones.

      In Germany it was, "Heute Deutschland, Morgen Die Welt" (Today,
      Germany, tomorrow, the world). Here, the statistics are similar.

      As David Brock makes clear in "The Republican Noise Machine," a
      country in which 42% of the population is totally misinformed is not
      a country where democracy is safe. Here, we are taught that Saddam
      Hussein is responsible for all that is going wrong in the USA. In
      Germany, school kids were taught that Jews routinely used Aryan
      children as sacrifices in their satanic rituals. Aryan children were
      placed into tight barrels, the walls of which were composed of large
      nails. Thus, when these barrels doors were very slowly closed, the
      nails entered the living flesh of the sacrificial child and
      gradually – with more pain than one can imagine – eventually pierced
      enough vital organs to cause death.

      Incidentally, this same lie is taught in schools today, exactly as
      it was taught then, only today, it is the kids in schools all over
      the mid-east who trust their teachers to speak the truth about how
      the Jews treat Arabs. Just another example of, "If a good lie works
      once, then use it again."

      And, the Americans believe administrative lies, just as the Germans
      did so many years ago. Washington DC decides what we ought to
      swallow next. For example, we have become so inured that no one even
      protests the concept that the Geneva conventions (formed to prevent
      torture in any form) are "quaint" and that those dang terrorists all
      deserve whatever we can hand out to them at Guantanamo Bay, or other
      detention centers.

      Am I exonerating the Germans of the 1930's? Absolutely not! There
      can never be any explanation to justify what Noam Chomsky
      calls "Industrialized Genocide" in which – for the first and last
      time in history – there was no passion whatsoever involved in
      causing the death of millions…in which there were monthly "factory
      totals" to be counted, in which Cyclon B gas was manufactured to
      smell appetizing, so that the folks in the extermination chambers
      would not panic.

      There can never be justification for Ilse Koch, the infamous
      extermination camp guard, being labeled "artist" for creating
      lampshades made of the tattooed skin of persons whose death she had
      overseen; Nor can any human being even remotely understand the evil
      of Dr. Mengele (an actual physician) who calmly contrived the most
      unspeakably evil torture, not just to adults, but to small children –
      all in the name of scientific experimentation – to which not even
      lab rats, either then or now – would ever be subjected.,

      What the Holocaust clearly indicates, however, is that humans are
      quite capable of these extremes of inhuman behavior. And, if those
      good German "burghers" could cheerfully go off to
      their "extermination jobs" of unspeakable, mindless torture of the
      innocent, then so can we – given whatever propaganda we choose to
      accept as "gospel." After all, it wasn't so long ago that our very
      own, upstanding American citizens, cheerfully went off to lynch yet
      another Black man who had dared to smile at a white woman, or had
      failed to step off the sidewalk when approaching a white person. The
      difference – given how some of these Black persons met their end –
      is simply a matter of degree.

      So, here we stand at a juncture…. We either accept what our
      government chooses to tell us, and line up sedately at the slaughter
      house to become either the executioners or the cattle. Or we can
      protest this whole evil cabal that is leading us down the same path
      that we now label as the worst ever trodden by any person, ever:
      Nazi Germany.

      That fascism is already here is quite apparent. One need only to
      read the newest version of the Patriot Act to understand that there
      is no longer such a thing as "civil liberty." One need only to watch
      the First Amendment disappear as persons are routinely arrested not
      only for speaking their minds, but for wearing the "wrong" T-Shirt
      at a political convention. Search and seizure, without warrant or
      justified cause…Or, the arrest of the wife of a soldier, Amy
      Bartell, for simply being Dale Bartell's wife, thus making her
      legally liable for "enticing" him and abetting him in
      his "desertion." ....
      Message 474 of 474 , Dec 4, 2010
        Hey Dottie, maybe you can get Led Zeppelin to play at Elderberries- One of their guys almost became a Waldorf teacher.