Re: The Caiaphas dilemma

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 144 , Aug 3, 2005
      Bradford comments: From AT message # 18643

      "Grasping the dilemma of Patriarchy and its sputtering nightmare that
      is currently strangling the U.S. is an important intellectual
      exercise. Let me put it to you clearly, so that you may have before
      you a study of corrupt, current Patriarchy that you can distill into
      vision. We could call this dilemma, and I isolate it as a classic
      dilemma, we could call this dilemma of Patriarchy and our current
      Poltical world, "The Caiaphas Dilemma".

      http://www.friesian.com/machiav.htm

      [John 11:47] "Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a
      council, and said, "What are we to do? For this man does many signs.
      [11:48] If we let him thus alone, all will believe in him, and the
      Romans will come and take away from us both the Place and the
      nation." [11:49] But one of them, Caiaphas, being the high priest
      that same year, said to them, "You know nothing at all, [11:50] nor
      do you stop to consider that it is expedient for us that one man
      should die for the people, that the whole nation should not perish."

      The Priest Caiaphas, in the Biblical quote above, is often taken as
      an archetype of the unprincipled person, willing to sacrifice an
      innocent man for the sake of expediency. Christians have been quite
      content with that interpretation, which makes Jesus a victim of
      injustice, and Jews have understandably seen the portrayal as anti-
      Semitic. However, both of these views are based on a misconception.
      Jesus can be a tragic victim of wrong without Caiaphas having been a
      bad person, let alone an anti-Semitic caricature. Caiaphas was in
      fact doing his duty, as we must construe the duty of a statesman, as
      opposed to the duty of a private person. There is a difference
      because of the characteristic moral dilemma that occurs with
      political power. The lives of many, the "whole nation," depend on
      Caiaphas; and if he must truly chose between the innocent lives of
      many and the innocent life of one, then, however unpleasant,
      disturbing, or regretable, the trust that the many have placed in
      him must predominate and he must do what is necessary that "that the
      whole nation should not perish." [note] The reality of the kind of
      choices Caiaphas had to make is confirmed by the fact that
      the "whole nation" did perish in the great revolt against the
      Romans, the Jewish War of 66-73 AD, when the Temple in Jerusalem was
      destroyed and Jews were actually expelled from the city. The peril
      of Caiaphas' position is revealed when we find that the High Priest
      Ananus and his colleague Jesus ben Gamaliel were murdered by the
      Zealots, led by John of Gischala, in 67. This meant that the Revolt
      would be a fight to the death, with no compromise sought from the
      Romans."

      Bradford concludes:

      Aside from the Neocon position in Washington D.C. which was wet
      nursed as an assault on the "School of AThens" [read Michael School]
      out of Weimar, and can be noted that Leo Strauss and somewhat
      researched in this article, Philosopher Kings
      Leo Strauss and the Neocons
      http://www.counterpunch.org/leupp05242003.html

      We confront and are facing a current and real Caiaphas dilemma. Now
      let me sum this up for you, so that you can be crystal clear about
      the current Patriarchal resident misguided Caiaphas dilemma. V.P.
      Dick Cheney believes, and is convinced that the global world will be
      spun into utter chaos unless the U.S. and not China and not the Euro
      or E.U. controls the oil. Certainly for the Patriarch Cheney any
      sacrifice and any staged terrorism, any false flag operations and
      any torture is justified to save a Nation. To save a Nation is the
      Caiaphas dilemma and Dick Cheney is the current dark brooding
      incarnation of the Caiaphas dilemma. And in this brooding
      Patriarchal Caiaphas dilemma nests Sorathaian strategems.

      It isn't GWB. GWB is not the danger, it is the Wizard of OZ, the
      puppet master behind the scenes that has us, as the United States,
      locked into the demented issues of two factors. Israel and the U.S.
      with Cheney brooding as Caiaphas, puts us right back into the
      Ahrimanic and Sorathian forces that operate when Patriarchy sickens
      into a festering numb fascism. And Israel just naturally migrated
      back into such a Caiaphas dilemma because Israel is the father of
      the Caiaphas dilemma. GWB hasn't the intelligence to understand the
      complexity of the issues, but then again, we sit here on this list
      and we rarely have the intelligence to look right into the Goethean
      eyeball of what Terence has brought up.

      Patriarchy is holding deadly, devastating court in the soul of Dick
      Cheney. Cheney is brooding over the Imperial Power that must do
      things now, in a short time frame, in a narrow window of time, a
      rushed agenda, which amounts to an Imperial bid to save a Nation
      using the old, outdated and dried out husks of Patriarchal forces
      that understand better the ways of the world, and must hide the
      truth from the children, who wouldn't understand at all.

      The Neocons and Leo Strauss took Plato's ideas of the elite, who
      know better than the 6th grade trailer park masses, on how to guide
      the stupid sheeple. Well not much is discussed about Goethean
      observation of Patriarchy as a bitter encrusted Caiaphas or in a
      specific isolated case...let us give another sharp and highlighted
      Goethean example of such a nightmare that Cheney is doing behind the
      scenes.

      Amadeaus is about the rivalry between a genius named Mozart and a
      mediocre talent named Salieri. Salieri deliberately destroys Mozart
      because Mozart is a big, over stuffed baby, something like the soul
      of Amerika, who has all the divine gifts but no intelligence to
      organize his sloppy artistic life. So Salieri manipulates Mozart,
      just as Cheney has manipulated the nation into placing Terrorism as
      the the whole reason to sacrifice Truth to Save a nation. Amadeaus
      is a miniature Caiaphas dilemma. But the death of thousands while
      Cheney, Mr. Gravitas, broods over the catastrophe ahead, and opts to
      sacrifice the Muslims to protect the rights of freedom and the
      future of a Nation, a Great Nation for Cheney, Amerika, is the
      underlying symptom of the Caiaphas psycho pathology or The Caiaphas
      dilemma.

      But by the time Truth is so corrupted America the great nation has
      been transformed to Amerika the Orwellian nightmare Patriarchy and
      the Sorathian forces would have their victory over the drugged and
      dumbed down human soul. And why? Because Patriarchy clung on and
      clung on, and clung on and defended one lie after another.

      And the Times they were a Changing but the rise of Sorathian
      Patriarchy as the intellectual excuse to maintain a massive
      deception, with a grain of truth.....such as in the end, after the
      destruction and we have Iran and Iraq's oil and have had a limited
      nuclear war and everyone is in a kind of fascist fear of terror and
      held in an electronic prison, while shadowy puppets move the news
      cycle any which way they desire.. We are looking directly at a
      Goethean grasp of the Caiaphas dilemma and the poison and
      shortsightedness of Patriarchy against Initiation Science and the
      brotherhood of New, Fresh and wonderful ideas on the verge of the
      Etheric worlds.

      And that is how you approach a rich Goethean study in how a nation,
      like Israel is reborn and a Nation like America dies under the
      corrupt poison of deceptive Patriarchy. And it can be traced right
      back to the Christ Event, the most powerful dramatic event that
      revealed the players underneath the murk, with the Light cast by the
      Mystery of Golgotha."
      Message 144 of 144 , Jul 24, 2006
        Dear Jean Marc,

        I think if we would like to look at this mystery there are a few
        things that would have to be considered first: who are the ones
        considered to be the 'teachers' of mankind, and what are their
        relationships to Rudolf Steiner, Buddha and the Archangels of our
        world?

        So, if you are interested I'd be interested in looking at the two
        students of Mani and those of Zarathustra. And....and I think we have
        to consider how Count Saint Germain is in the mix.

        Do you wanna do this step by step? If you do I think we really have
        to consider keeping Count Saint Germain in the picture even though
        Anthroposophists really don't seem to consider him too much. I am not
        sure why. Maybe it is because Rudolf Steiner did not really say to
        much about him, although one really big thing he said was that Count
        Saint Germain was an incarnation of Christian Rosenkroix.

        Looking at the book From Buddha to Christ it occurs to me once more
        that things just jump off the page at me with thoughts. Yet when I
        share them with others they seem to not make any sense a'tall. I mean
        none, its almost like they are sense free thinking that actually
        makes no sense to anyone else. But, that is going far afield and you
        and I are gonna take it one step at a time.

        So, ready?