Gonzo Journalism and the ZeitGeist

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 474 , Jul 6, 2005
      Tune into the exciting adventures of Fat Karl and the cosmic comic
      book version of ZEITGEIST. How will amazing fat Karl oil his lard
      and slime his away out of this one? Stay tuned! This isn't just
      Amerika kids, it is, "Look Mom no hands, no body is drivin' this
      Roman Empire GOP, Roman candle Bus for Jesus, Yee Ha, over the cliff
      to ARMAGEDDON!" Cut to (Slim Pickins in "Dr Strangelove" Riding the
      nose of a 20 megaton with his cowboy hat flying in the breeze).

      ZeitGeist is living in a TIME PULSE of shattering incarnational
      polarities. Indeed the delicate organs of Goethean insight, livingly
      come alive and are shaped out of the forces of reverence. How would
      Mark Twain view the stinging cognitional forces between Hunter
      Thompson and Dr. Steiner. Use your Imagination for Goethe used his
      and saw the malicious forces of Faust side by side with his naive
      idealism. But apparently you don't want to see that. You think we
      are better than Goethe?

      ZeitGeist is living in the living tension of our incarnations TIME
      PULSE. Understanding Heaven and willing to venture into others
      barbed wire hells. Ah, but with a grasp of both Heaven and Hell, not
      as toys but as practical co-workers with Angels; or uncovering
      warped instincts where the Gods song crashed and burned, like a
      ditched WWII plane in a Heavy Metal movie.

      In ZEITGEIST sometimes we savor the looks of Angels and see their
      meanings, but as Karma Carriers, we walk amongst stinging serpent
      instincts that we try to pacify ourselves against, that they are not
      there and our children are not in danger and the community is just
      as it was, safe and snug in snug harbor. Well it ain't. The
      Threshold, is really a closer Threshold, where we can almost make
      out the fangs and glistening serpent eyes, and yet hear this
      stirring, soul lifting music when we are quietly alone. What? You
      say you don't live in such tension? Then blessings on your ZeitGeist.

      Welcome to ZeitGeist and the School of Gonzo Anthro Journalism.
      ZeitGeist looks into the current slithering slide show of Karma
      carriers that claw at the walls of Heaven and self implode like
      terrorist car bombs taking entire Initi-Nations with them. Staring
      up at Pink Floyd's Wall, morphed to the Truman Show we see something
      that jumped out at me from EarlyFire...Punching holes through
      Plato's Cave, is what Harvey said. The Truman Show, I'm sure some of
      the thinking impaired get it. The Truman Show and Plato's CAVE. I
      hope some of you read Harvey-Early-Fire's comment about punching a
      hole through Plato's Cave. We would rather create in calmness our
      delicate etheric organs, but also view with clarity the cultural
      contortions with a Twain like, Goethe like, raw honesty. Wouldn't
      we, or No?

      [ZeitGeist] "...presents us with a character -- Truman -- who is
      caught inside a controlled environment that conceals its true
      nature. But, here, there is an interesting twist that we will
      undoubtedly see more of in the future -- unbeknownst to him, he is
      living inside a 24 hour-a-day comedy-melodrama in which he is the
      star." We are the stars of this concealed melodrama and if you
      understand Plato's Cave, well welcome to ZeitGeist, the walls are
      thinner and the Threshold is closer.

      http://skogsblog.blogspot.com/2005/07/pay-no-attention-to-man-behind-
      curtain.html

      "Most people who have been paying attention for the last several
      years have known that the president is, in effect, a human sock
      puppet; espousing ideas and fronting a policy for which he does not
      have the mental acuity to have devised nor to even clearly
      articulate. It is evident in the dull look in his eyes. It is
      evident in his inability to answer questions for which he has not
      been prepared. It is evident in his brutal assault on the English
      language. It was evident when he sat for 5 minutes in front of a
      kindergarten class after he was told by his Chief of staff, Andrew
      Card, "A second plane has hit the second tower, we are under
      attack. " (1)

      Whoever is responsible has been very clever. There have only been a
      couple of times that the veil has been pulled aside and we have seen
      the deception in plain view. Once it was when Jeff Gannon, aka James
      D. Guckert, (2) was exposed as a former homosexual male escort,
      working for a former GOP political action committee out of Texas,
      that one day decided to change it's name to Talon News. Mr. Gannon
      went on a weekend journalism seminar and suddenly he was a
      journalist, with the plumb job of sitting in on Whitehouse Press
      Briefings. He was able to breach the most protected building in the
      United States, using a pseudonym. He soon rose to a "go to guy" who
      Scott McClellan (Press Secretary) and George Bush would use
      for "softballs" when things got hot. Talk about the American dream!
      It's like Pretty Woman only Julia Roberts is a gay hooker. But who
      was Richard Gere?

      Who indeed? When Jeff Gannon's tawdry past was exposed, one thing
      that came to light was that he seemed to know a lot about the
      Valerie Plame affair. He even interviewed Valerie Plame's husband in
      2002 using a confidential internal Whitehouse intelligence document.
      So not only was he getting access to the press briefings, he was
      also receiving internal documents.(3) Someone must have really like
      him! Hmm who indeed? Let's see; gay male escort, Texan Republican
      PAC who has invested heavily in Bush in the past, The Valerie Plame
      affair.....Wait a minute, didn't I just hear something about Valerie
      Plame recently? Oh yeah (4) Karl Rove has been "outed" (I just
      couldn't help it) as the person who leaked the Valerie Plame affair.
      (5)

      Hmm, let's put it all together and see if it fits... 55 year old
      Texan, never been married, huge figure in the Texas Republican
      Party, uses Big Texas Republican donor to change his PAC to a news
      service, has donor hire his "Boy-toy," gets said "Boy-toy" into the
      Whitehouse under fictional name, gives said "Boy-toy" classified
      documents to use in scandal that now leads directly back to Karl
      Rove. Yep, works for me!

      You really couldn't make this stuff up!"

      http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2005/07/lettin-rove-express-head-off-
      tracks-on.html

      7/6/2005

      "Lettin' the Rove Express Head Off the Tracks On Its Own:
      The Rude Pundit's not jumpin' on the "Oh-Please-Oh-F-----'-Please-
      Let-Karl-Rove-Burn" train. The President's porcine political
      advisor, at the very least, "made contact" with soon-to-be-
      imprisoned Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper regarding the outing
      CIA operative Valerie Plame, wife of former Ambassador Joseph
      Wilson, as revenge for Wilson calling "bullshit" on the Bush
      administration's allegation that Iraq tried to get uranium from
      Niger. No, no, the Rude Pundit will tamp down his Pavlovian erection
      of joy at hearing that Karl Rove is even momentarily in trouble.

      "He will not offer vivid fantasy descriptions of Rove being dragged
      in handcuffs out of the White House, snorting like a harpooned whale
      dragging a frigate behind it. He will not take pleasure in the
      potentially deeply gratifying feeling of schadenfreude that
      accompanies such hideously hard and enormously well-deserved falls.
      The Rude Pundit won't do it. He won't allow himself to get caught up
      in imagining Karl Rove in prison, after his first kitchen utensil
      sodomizing, screaming like the yapping bitch he's about to become
      that he'll give up the President in order to be allowed cushy
      country club confinement, and then, oh, what glorious chaos.

      "And why won't the Rude Pundit participate in the bone-shaking
      jouissance of praying to God, Jesus, Allah, or whoever or no one
      that it truly, really is Rove that gave up Plame's name? Because the
      Rude Pundit's been there before with the Republicans teetering on
      the brink of damnation, only to see them pulled back from the
      lapping flames time and again. To be sure, this could mean just the
      administration of George W. Bush, which, in a real democracy, would
      have crumbled into heaps of ashes a hundred times already. How our
      hearts were shattered after the 9/11 Commission Report, the
      Gannon/Guckert affair, and more.

      "Instead, though, the Rude Pundit hearkens back to his greatest
      heartbreak, the Iran-Contra scandal of the end of the Reagan era,
      when Reagan's dementia made it just pathetic to watch him and
      unlikely that the Congress would, through impeachment, beat up on an
      old man heading towards the oblivion of being an Alzheimer's-ridden
      throw pillow. So we all thought it might be possible to take down
      George Bush, Sr., except the motherf---er went and pardoned everyone
      that might've given him up for a softer bunk at the federal pen.

      "Yep, Cap Weinberger, Elliott Abrams, Clair George and other liars
      and criminals were given the bestest Christmas gift ever on December
      24, 1992 when Bush covered his ass by pardoning all six "for their
      conduct related to the Iran-Contra affair." Now, what do you think
      the chances are that Junior wouldn't do the same thing in a
      heartbeat for Rove or anyone else that might give him up?

      "Of course, Rove has gone all silent on this matter, which is kind
      of nice, since he had been making the talk show rounds, forcing his
      rotundly evil face onto TV screens.

      "But, frankly, if special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald really wants
      to get the truth out of Rove, well, there's probably no better
      method than the Gitmo/Abu Ghraib treatment, certainly approved by
      Rove himself. Strip that f---er's clothes off, tie him to the floor,
      make him shit himself, slap his balls, threaten his family, deny him
      legal representation and due process, hang him by his wrists, and
      tell him that you're gettin' the dogs ready to fuck him. Or send him
      to Uzbekistan and have them "question" him. Motherf---er'll claim he
      crucified Jesus after those bastards get done with him."

      http://www.buzzflash.com/bradenton/05/07/bra05039.html
      Message 474 of 474 , Dec 4, 2010
        Hey Dottie, maybe you can get Led Zeppelin to play at Elderberries- One of their guys almost became a Waldorf teacher.
        http://www.philosophyoffreedom.com/node/5329