Exodus

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
      Hey Everyone,

      Continuing on in my Exodus reading I came to a part of
      the scripture where God wanted to kill Moses, but his
      wife made a covenant with God with her sons flesh. I
      am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that? And
      to note, wow, to note that it was God who originated
      the idea of killing the first born amongst the non
      jews, yet during Christ's time it was the Jews who
      were so threatened. And if one looks at all the
      supposed killings by God from the signs of horror he
      brought upon the people it would seem there wouldn't
      be any people to be so afflicted from what is being
      said. I find it is in the number of inflictions we can
      find the mystery.

      Then I am coming to a part wherein we find that Moses
      needed miracle after miracle sign to get people to
      believe in God. Yet, Jesus needed none but the woman
      at the well. I wonder if that is really what is so
      appalling to the Jews: Jesus invited them all to the
      table irregardless of birthrite amongst the physical
      blood ties or that of being a Jew.

      Funny how it is noted that Miryam is not only the
      sister but also the mother according to some of the
      jewish womens understandings. But I shall have to ask
      my Rabbi. And how is it that the Pharoah would not
      recognize his daughters son?

      Just thinking,

      http://mail.yahoo.com