Re: Miryam102

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
      Stephen H:
      And the consolation would be one of soothing, loving
      > words about how great thou art. I know. I experienced it!

      And what would your experience be, Stephen?

      All good things,
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
        Hey Everyone,

        Continuing on in my Exodus reading I came to a part of
        the scripture where God wanted to kill Moses, but his
        wife made a covenant with God with her sons flesh. I
        am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that? And
        to note, wow, to note that it was God who originated
        the idea of killing the first born amongst the non
        jews, yet during Christ's time it was the Jews who
        were so threatened. And if one looks at all the
        supposed killings by God from the signs of horror he
        brought upon the people it would seem there wouldn't
        be any people to be so afflicted from what is being
        said. I find it is in the number of inflictions we can
        find the mystery.

        Then I am coming to a part wherein we find that Moses
        needed miracle after miracle sign to get people to
        believe in God. Yet, Jesus needed none but the woman
        at the well. I wonder if that is really what is so
        appalling to the Jews: Jesus invited them all to the
        table irregardless of birthrite amongst the physical
        blood ties or that of being a Jew.

        Funny how it is noted that Miryam is not only the
        sister but also the mother according to some of the
        jewish womens understandings. But I shall have to ask
        my Rabbi. And how is it that the Pharoah would not
        recognize his daughters son?

        Just thinking,

        http://mail.yahoo.com