Re: Miryam102

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
      Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

      "And we couldn't guess what a puzzle that white shawl would pose for
      those who were with us later on the Mount of Olives. A white form of
      light, an angel with a chalice full of consolation. Too much."
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
        Stephen H:
        And the consolation would be one of soothing, loving
        > words about how great thou art. I know. I experienced it!

        And what would your experience be, Stephen?

        All good things,
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
          Hey Everyone,

          Continuing on in my Exodus reading I came to a part of
          the scripture where God wanted to kill Moses, but his
          wife made a covenant with God with her sons flesh. I
          am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that? And
          to note, wow, to note that it was God who originated
          the idea of killing the first born amongst the non
          jews, yet during Christ's time it was the Jews who
          were so threatened. And if one looks at all the
          supposed killings by God from the signs of horror he
          brought upon the people it would seem there wouldn't
          be any people to be so afflicted from what is being
          said. I find it is in the number of inflictions we can
          find the mystery.

          Then I am coming to a part wherein we find that Moses
          needed miracle after miracle sign to get people to
          believe in God. Yet, Jesus needed none but the woman
          at the well. I wonder if that is really what is so
          appalling to the Jews: Jesus invited them all to the
          table irregardless of birthrite amongst the physical
          blood ties or that of being a Jew.

          Funny how it is noted that Miryam is not only the
          sister but also the mother according to some of the
          jewish womens understandings. But I shall have to ask
          my Rabbi. And how is it that the Pharoah would not
          recognize his daughters son?

          Just thinking,

          http://mail.yahoo.com