RE: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Southern Cross Review.org Nr. 41

  • Mike T
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      Dear Frank,
      I'll cut to the chase - this Gavin Tang (also quoted by Holderlin), I would
      really like to have clarified that he is not one and the same Gavin Tang
      from Australia? Any chance you could post a picture or at least find this
      out. Much appreciated.

      Mike T

> [...]
      >George Galloway's statement to the U.S. senate. We don't know if Galloway
      >is
      >on the level or not, but he sure has chutzpah. Then there's a speech by
      >Bill
      >Moyers in which he describes the pressures from the White House on the
      >media, especially public radio. There's been a lot of talk lately about the
      >possible relation between vaccinations and autism. Who knows whom to
      >believe? Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (a future presidential candidate if I ever
      >saw one - but why hope?) has looked into the questions and is convinced
      >that
      >the relation is real. Don't miss it! An article about the globalization
      >movement by Gavin Tang follows.
      >
      >In "Education", journalist Todd Oppenheimer describes his investigation
      >into
      >Waldorf education in the U.S. You won't be surprised to learn that his
      >conclusions are positive. Eugene Schwartz, a long-time Waldorf educator,
      >goes into the question of whether Waldorf schools are religious, spiritual,
      >or not - or what. If you want to see truly objective answers, read this. A
      >historical article on Waldorf education by Stewart Easton brings up the
      >rear.
      >
      >Our old-time readers will remember the "Children's Corner", which
      >disappeared a couple of years ago. It is resuscitated now, (in English and
      >Spanish) and will continue, especially if we get some positive feedback.
      >
      >Rudolf Steiner's autobiography continues under "Anthroposophy".
      >
      >Interviews of the very famous and the not so famous (at least outside of
      >Italy) are offered. An old but revealing interview by Ron Rosenbaum with
      >Bob
      >Dylan, and one by Gaither Stewart with Natalia Ginzburg, a very interesting
      >Italian writer. This interview, by the way, is the title essay in Stewart's
      >new book of essays, some of which originally appeared in SCR. It is
      >available free of charge as an Ebook from SCR.
      >
      >"Science and Technology" brings us another insightful essay by Steve
      >Talbott, this time about what he calls New York Times columnist Thomas
      >Friedman's "barren vision" of India's technological development. Bradford
      >McKee worries, and rightfully so, about today's children being alienated
      >from nature. And Don Cruse discusses the ideas of some noteworthy
      >personalities with Ken McClure.
      >
      >The "Fiction" section is full this time, with one of your editor's more
      >sinful stories. The growing popularity of the tango isn't the only reason
      >re-publish one of Argentina's leading author's (Luisa Valenzuela's) story.
      >It's about people with a tango beat background. Our serialized fiction
      >continues with Luise Rinser's "Miryam", my "Frequent Flyer" and the start
      >of
      >George Orwell's "1984".
      >
      >Some poems by Adrienne Rich grace the Table of Content's bottom line.

      REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
      http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
        Mike,
        I think he is the same one.
        Frank

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
          Ok Thanks for that.

> [...]
          >Bradford
          > > >McKee worries, and rightfully so, about today's children being
          >alienated
          > > >from nature. And Don Cruse discusses the ideas of some noteworthy
          > > >personalities with Ken McClure.
          > > >
          > > >The "Fiction" section is full this time, with one of your editor's more
          > > >sinful stories. The growing popularity of the tango isn't the only
          >reason
          > > >re-publish one of Argentina's leading author's (Luisa Valenzuela's)
          >story.
          > > >It's about people with a tango beat background. Our serialized fiction
          > > >continues with Luise Rinser's "Miryam", my "Frequent Flyer" and the
          >start
          > > >of
          > > >George Orwell's "1984".
          > > >
          > > >Some poems by Adrienne Rich grace the Table of Content's bottom line.

          SEEK: Over 80,000 jobs across all industries at Australia's #1 job site.
          http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail