Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Southern Cross Review.org Nr. 41

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      > Frank Thomas Smith
      >
      > Grandma Butterfly
      >
      > http://southerncrossreview.org/41/grandma.htm
      >
      > Frank, this is just a fine, fine, fine tale, worthy of any gathering,
      > yikes, it was good. It doesn't get much better than that..What a great
      > tale.

      Thanks, Bradford.
      Frank
    • holderlin66

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          Dear Frank,
          I'll cut to the chase - this Gavin Tang (also quoted by Holderlin), I would
          really like to have clarified that he is not one and the same Gavin Tang
          from Australia? Any chance you could post a picture or at least find this
          out. Much appreciated.

          Mike T

> [...]
          >George Galloway's statement to the U.S. senate. We don't know if Galloway
          >is
          >on the level or not, but he sure has chutzpah. Then there's a speech by
          >Bill
          >Moyers in which he describes the pressures from the White House on the
          >media, especially public radio. There's been a lot of talk lately about the
          >possible relation between vaccinations and autism. Who knows whom to
          >believe? Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (a future presidential candidate if I ever
          >saw one - but why hope?) has looked into the questions and is convinced
          >that
          >the relation is real. Don't miss it! An article about the globalization
          >movement by Gavin Tang follows.
          >
          >In "Education", journalist Todd Oppenheimer describes his investigation
          >into
          >Waldorf education in the U.S. You won't be surprised to learn that his
          >conclusions are positive. Eugene Schwartz, a long-time Waldorf educator,
          >goes into the question of whether Waldorf schools are religious, spiritual,
          >or not - or what. If you want to see truly objective answers, read this. A
          >historical article on Waldorf education by Stewart Easton brings up the
          >rear.
          >
          >Our old-time readers will remember the "Children's Corner", which
          >disappeared a couple of years ago. It is resuscitated now, (in English and
          >Spanish) and will continue, especially if we get some positive feedback.
          >
          >Rudolf Steiner's autobiography continues under "Anthroposophy".
          >
          >Interviews of the very famous and the not so famous (at least outside of
          >Italy) are offered. An old but revealing interview by Ron Rosenbaum with
          >Bob
          >Dylan, and one by Gaither Stewart with Natalia Ginzburg, a very interesting
          >Italian writer. This interview, by the way, is the title essay in Stewart's
          >new book of essays, some of which originally appeared in SCR. It is
          >available free of charge as an Ebook from SCR.
          >
          >"Science and Technology" brings us another insightful essay by Steve
          >Talbott, this time about what he calls New York Times columnist Thomas
          >Friedman's "barren vision" of India's technological development. Bradford
          >McKee worries, and rightfully so, about today's children being alienated
          >from nature. And Don Cruse discusses the ideas of some noteworthy
          >personalities with Ken McClure.
          >
          >The "Fiction" section is full this time, with one of your editor's more
          >sinful stories. The growing popularity of the tango isn't the only reason
          >re-publish one of Argentina's leading author's (Luisa Valenzuela's) story.
          >It's about people with a tango beat background. Our serialized fiction
          >continues with Luise Rinser's "Miryam", my "Frequent Flyer" and the start
          >of
          >George Orwell's "1984".
          >
          >Some poems by Adrienne Rich grace the Table of Content's bottom line.

          REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
          http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
            Mike,
            I think he is the same one.
            Frank

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
              Ok Thanks for that.

> [...]
              >Bradford
              > > >McKee worries, and rightfully so, about today's children being
              >alienated
              > > >from nature. And Don Cruse discusses the ideas of some noteworthy
              > > >personalities with Ken McClure.
              > > >
              > > >The "Fiction" section is full this time, with one of your editor's more
              > > >sinful stories. The growing popularity of the tango isn't the only
              >reason
              > > >re-publish one of Argentina's leading author's (Luisa Valenzuela's)
              >story.
              > > >It's about people with a tango beat background. Our serialized fiction
              > > >continues with Luise Rinser's "Miryam", my "Frequent Flyer" and the
              >start
              > > >of
              > > >George Orwell's "1984".
              > > >
              > > >Some poems by Adrienne Rich grace the Table of Content's bottom line.

              SEEK: Over 80,000 jobs across all industries at Australia's #1 job site.
              http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail