Deep Impact

  • franksmith@vdolores.com.ar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
      Hi! I thought you'd be interested in this story from Science@NASA: On the 4th of July, a NASA spacecraft will blast a hole in Comet Tempel 1. http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/28jun_deepimpact.htm?friend
    • hermannaude
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
        >--- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, <franksmith@v...> wrote:
        > Hi! I thought you'd be interested in this story from Science@NASA:
        >On the 4th of July, a NASA spacecraft will blast a hole in Comet
        >Tempel 1. http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/28jun_deepimpact.htm?
        >friend

        Hello

        What i find interesting is that Rudolf Steiner says that comments is
        Arch angels passing through our solar system. Living in a
        materialistical age, we send our material creations to the other
        planets (sun, mars, titan, moon). All planets is spiritual beings and
        comets too. I know that this event has a very big spiritual
        significance but what that is exactly i don't know. Any idea's ?

        Kind Regards
        Herman

        I am in the Light and the Light is in me, You are in the Light and the
        Light is in you, You are in me and I am in you !
      • Mike T
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          Yes Steven,
          It occurred to me that perhaps Gene Roddenburg may have had some occult
          knowledge when he developed Star Trek, hence I did some research into his
          biography, however could not find anything, although he did have one near
          death episode (which may have been an experience) when the plan he was
          piloting crashed in the desert.

          "These are the voyages of the star ship enterprise - it 5 year mission" and
          so on and so on; have almost a matric quality to them. "These are the words
          of the MichaEL School - when spoken in the right ...."

          Star Trek captivated a generation and then some. The longing for the stars,
          to travel out there, or better still to be beamed up by someone passing by
          for a free ride around the galaxy. When I was 12, I was asked by an old lady
          (family friend - Anthroposophist) what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said
          an astronaut. She asked me what was the fastest thing. I said light. She
          answered, but with imagination, you only have to think it and you are
          already there.

          Long before star trek, Steiner had traversed the universe, space travel,
          time travel, spirit lands travel. Star trek appears like an inversion;
          encapsulating generations into a false world of imagination / hullucination.
          Burying peoples minds further into the material world outlook, with an
          almost magic spell quality - "to boldly go where no man ..." but not so
          true, as one man as already gone before.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
            I have to say I am deeply troubled by the slamming of a rocket in the
            comet. And then on page two, although it may have been a bit before the
            rocket slamming, there was an explosion off the island of Imo Jimo. I
            believe they are related. And the sea was red.

            On the fourth of July it occurs to me that the numbers come to 11 the
            twins. Makes sense to me.

            I want to say Happy Fourth !!!, with a big ol smile, but I am so
            bothered by this rocket slamming into the cosmos and then a picture of
            Einstien defending his geniusness that helped to put forth the tragic
            bomb in Japan so many years ago. Ugh!

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
              Hey Everyone,

              July 22 is the Magdalene Feast Day and we are
              celebrating it on the 24th in Hollywood. I am not sure
              if anyone on list here is in the Los Angeles area but
              if you are it would be great if you could come
              celebrate with us.

              Here is the link for those interested.

              http://www.hollywood-digital.biz/dottie/

              All good things,
              Dottie

              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Mail Mobile
              http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
            • bees288
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
                <dottie_z@y...> wrote:
                > I have to say I am deeply troubled by the slamming of a rocket in
                the
                > comet. And then on page two, although it may have been a bit before
                the
                > rocket slamming, there was an explosion off the island of Imo Jimo.
                > believe they are related. And the sea was red.

                I'll have to agree with you Dottie. There was not one bit of
                coverage of this event that I heard where anyone wondered if that was
                a good idea or not.

                I remember a post during the late 1990's while Hale-Bopp and
                Shumacher-Levy 11 were zooming around that Steiner indicated comets
                carried materiaistic influences for mankind for a past epoch and their
                effects should be avoided. What does it mean when we slam 800 lbs.
                of copper into one? Perhaps NASA is trying to reduce it's
                materialistic effects for us! :)

                Will