unpopular topics

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 23, 2005
      Just picked up (again) a lecture by Steiner entitled: The Concepts
      of Original Sin and Grace, delivered in Munich, May 3, 1911. The
      edition I have was translated by D.S. Osmond, published by Rudolf
      Steiner Press, London in 1973.

      The first time I read this lecture I was jolted awake by the clear
      differentiation between the collective fall of humanity and
      individual acts of wrongdoing.

      Steiner says (p 25) Through Christ's existence on earth we have the
      strength to rise again into the spiritual word without merit of our
      won, just as we incurred guilt without sin of our own. Neither fact
      has to do with the element of personality in which the ego lives,
      but both are connected with happenings that precede[i] and follow[i]
      the coming of the ego.

      More to come.

      Nana
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 10, 2005
        Frank:
        > A fish seems a less sentient creature than, fe, a cow, which is
        really a
        > dumb beast but one we can like. A goat is a wonderful, chummy, lovable
        > creature. I had a goatess but had to get rid of her becasue she,
        despite
        > being so simpatica, ate everything in sight. I gave her to the
        gardener
        > after making him swear he would not eat her. I haven't checked. A
        chicken is
        > maybe a baby step above a fish in this respect.

        Just when I needed to hear from Frank. Thank you. I am sure everyone I
        encounter today will be happy I read your email before meeting them. Oy
        vey:) d