Prayer of St. Paul and The Nag Hammadi

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      Hmmm, well friends, it seems that two lines are missing and I realize
      now that I am noticing a pattern that speaks to the hiding of who the
      early Christians beckoned: ChristSophia. It is unmistakable. Now,
      granted that the Nag does indeed seem to bring about a Sophian
      language that the Gospels do not, however what these codexes also
      have in common with the Apostles of the time is that they include the
      Gospel of Phillip, the Gospel of Peter, the Gospel of Andrew and of
      James not to mention the Magdalene.

      The Prayer of the Apostle Paul

      (Approximately two lines are missing.) '(your) light, give me your
      (mercy! My) Redeemer, redeem me, for (I am) yours; the one who has
      come forth from you. You are (my) mind; bring me forth! You are my
      treasure house; open for me! You (are) my fullness; take me to you!
      You are (my) repose; give me (the) perfect thing that cannot be
      grasped!

      Dottie:

      I want to stop here and just say hey. I am reminded of Dr. Steiners
      characterization of Anthroposophia in the lines 'I am yours; the one
      who has come forth from you.'and then with the 'you are my treasure
      house', my fullness take me to you' these are specifically Sophia
      oriented. This is the language that is used when describing her in
      earlier works of the Hebrews. And what we can notice is that the
      first two lines have been ommitted that would have revealed to whom
      Paul was speaking specifically. And I have to say the language of The
      Light does speak to Sophia as well.

      And I continue and find this first line very very provoking towards
      my studies.

      " I invoke you, the one who is and who pre-existed in the name (which
      is) exalted above every name, through Jesus Christ, 9the Lord) of
      Lords, the King of ages; give my your gifts, of which you do not
      repent, through the Son of Man, the Spirit, the Paraclete of (truth).
      Give me authority (when I) ask you; give healing for my body when I
      ask you through the Evangelist, and redeem my eternal soul and my
      spirit. And the First born of the Pleroma of grace - reveal him to my
      mind!

      Grant what no angel eye has (seen) and no archon ear (has) heard and
      what has not entered into the human heart which came to be angelic
      and (modelled) after the image of the psychic God when it was formed
      in the beginning, since I have faith and hope. And place upon me your
      beloved, elect, and blessed greatness, the First born, the First
      begotten, and the wonderful mystery of your house; for yours is the
      power and the glory and the praise and the greatness for ever and
      ever. Amen.

      Happy Friday,

      Dottie:

      I end it here for the reason to note the one 'who pre-existed in the
      name (which is exalted above every name, through Jesus Christ, 9th
      Lord....