How do you explain away happy, successful waldorf students?

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      On this list alone, we have at least 4 happy waldorf parents.
      Tarjei, Linda, Joann and Nana (and I would suspect there are many
      more who aren't posting). Further, I've encountered hundreds more,
      as a parent at two schools, as a staff member at a third school, and
      just as a person wandering around the world.

      I guess we are all delusional.

      It is odd that my daughter's college bought into the delusion. I
      know of several other colleges that go along with it too.

      And then my daughter's employers didn't notice her awful waldorf
      deficits either. She supported herself through 6 years of college
      and earned an engineering degree (water quality). Got a scholarship
      from the local engineering society so they are deluded too.

      Then she got hired by the U.S. Geological Survey to do water
      sampling, water testing and other scientific work. It was supposed
      to be a one year internship, but they were so deluded they asked her
      to stay for another 6 months (the most the internship could be
      extended). They also encouraged her participation in writing a
      scientific paper on their work and even though, as a waldorf
      graduate she must be doubly handicapped (illiterate and
      scientifically miseducated), her section was completed and published
      along with the rest of the paper.

      I could go on, but it gets silly.

      If she was the only waldorf graduate who turned out well, or if
      there were only a few...but there are thousands.

      Just to mention a couple more: the older kid just completed a double
      undergraduate, music and pre-med. She was on the Dean's list so
      often her mom got embarrassed and stopped mentioning it. Her younger
      brother just started college. He got so many scholarships that his
      parents are paying less for his college than they were paying in
      waldorf tuition. Both of them started at waldorf in nursery school
      and went all the way through high school.

      Nana
    • winters_diana
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        >On this list alone, we have at least 4 happy waldorf parents.
        >Tarjei, Linda, Joann and Nana (and I would suspect there are many
        >more who aren't posting). Further, I've encountered hundreds more,
        >as a parent at two schools, as a staff member at a third school, and
        >just as a person wandering around the world.

        >I guess we are all delusional.

        Oh please. These posts are such a bore.
        Diana
      • Tarjei Straume
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
          At 05:03 04.06.2005, Diana wrote:

          >Oh please. These posts are such a bore.
          >Diana

          "We are not amused."
          - Queen Victoria

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
            Diana:
            > >Oh please. These posts are such a bore.

            T:
            > "We are not amused."
            > - Queen Victoria

            I am so glad to see I spelled the word 'bore' right.
            It has been on my mind. :)

            Discover Yahoo!
            http://discover.yahoo.com/