Shirley McLaine

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2003
      Tajei wrote:

      I'd like us to contrast this with the sugarsweet Luciferic dr. Feelgood
      spirituality that we're being bombarded with in the media, the Shirley
      McClaine stuff and the like - the things that get so much thundering
      applause on the TV talk shows, because it's what people want to hear.

      Don't get me wrong: I'm a great fan of Shriley McClaine as an actress;
      she's one of my all-time favorites, but she should stick to acting and
      broadway stage entertainment etc where she really knows what she's doing.
      because she really stinks as a New Age guru.

      *********

      OOOOOO! TAZ - Now you done it!!

      Lay off my soul sister!!!!! She is NOT in the same category as Oprah or
      Rosie. Her book "The Camino" was really wonderful - selling for all of $1.98 at
      Barnes & Noble.

      And even if all of her "revelations" are not up to snuff, the very fact that
      she has been and is a spiritual seeker and that she has been brave enough to
      share this with the world is absolutely remarkable. Can any of us here say that
      we have been where she has been and done what she has done. And the purpose
      that all of these women seem to have is to bring spiritual questions to the
      mass population which needs to be done whether or not it is "right" or perfect.
      They have been forefront in keeping spiritual questions and needs out there for
      examination. Are these things just for the "spiritual elite" - like
      Anthroposophists - to discuss???? It's like saying "Don't try to bring Shakespeare to
      inner city kids because they don't have the cultural background to understand
      it."

      Let's not get off all the time on being so "holier than thou" about what is
      Luciferic and what is not. The very gesture of judgementalism is in itself
      Luciferic. You can read her work and say this point or that point may be on target
      or not, but to generally say that she should not be doing it at all is really
      your own egotism at its highest. There seems to be a real thread of this in
      this group and it is not something that I personally DO NOT LIKE! Saying "but
      she should stick to acting and broadway stage entertainment etc where she
      really knows what she's doing. because she really stinks as a New Age guru." Sounds
      an awful lot like "the little woman should stay in the kitchen where she
      belongs." Bullshit. (Thank you Sophie)

      Watching "Out On A Limb" with my parents not long before they died led to one
      of the only real spiritual discussion that we ever had, where I was able to
      tell them about the things I believe in.

      Wet raspberries and ten lashes with a wet noodle!

      Christine