Re: Tutor or educator?:[Was Steiner an "occult scientist" and "mystic"?]

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 117 , Jun 1, 2005
      http://uncletaz.com/at/janfeb04/steinertutor.html

      Diana already had this conversation, on this same list in January
      2004. She based her in-depth study of Steiner's teaching experience
      on one item from the Goetheanum web site. Daniel responded, in his
      usual thorough manner, with a wealth of quotes from Steiner's
      autobiography.

      Now, there is something weird about this whole discussion. I can't
      recall Steiner ever referring to himself as an "educator." It is a
      term applied to him by waldorf folks, not unreasonably in their
      opinion, very unreasonably in the critics view.

      Since Steiner wasn't trying to sell himself as an educator, can
      anyone think of a reason why he would have exaggerated his
      experiences in this area? Made things up? Falsified his record?

      And yet Pete seems to be making the claim that Steiner did fake
      stuff on this topic. Huh?

      Nana
    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 117 of 117 , Jun 4, 2005
        At 15:32 03.06.2005, Pete wrote:

        >Steiner was neither a scientist or an educator and that's the difference.

        According to what authority? Yours? PLANS' The Pope? Or are you just
        playing Scrabble again, making up your own rules as you go along?