Re: waldorf painting rules

  • winters_diana
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      >D, would you stop wasting space on this forum with your first grade
      >antics -

      No, I will not leave per your request. That is up to "Sophia." "Sophia"
      makes these decisions. Some people have their reasons for inviting
      critics here. Perhaps you didn't know that - some people on this list
      obviously don't want critics here, but there are others who do, for
      their own reasons. Take it up with them.
    • winters_diana
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        >The sheer desperation of your argument, the *that's a leading
        >question,

        Pointing out a leading question is not a desperate argument, Linda,
        but a very basic one. The question that we were discussing was the
        clearest and most simple example of a leading question that I can
        think of. It is very easy to elicit particular answers from children,
        we do it all the time, as parents, unconsciously. Deborah and her
        granddaughter obviously have a close relationship and were having a
        pleasant conversation. The conversation was sweet but - sorry - not
        terribly interesting in terms of clearing up "Waldorf painting rules."

        >the child told you what you wanted to hear, you can't know by asking
        >children anyway, or the teacher, only by watching, which probably
        >you won't be allowed to do*, is a cry for help if you ask me.

        What are you talking about? You think I am crying for help on this
        list? From you perhaps? Er, please, but no thank you. You are
        appearing to me lately as a somewhat delusional individual - as I
        say, you used to make somewhat more sense in arguing, but lately your
        posts are simply in tatters, I sometimes have trouble believing they
        come from the old "Linda Clemens." (whoever you are)

        >I was present for painting class on several occasions. There was
        >another rule which hasn't been mentioned yet--"when finished, put
        >the painting in the rack to dry".

        >Ó¿Ò
        >.o.

        Was that supposed to be a laugh? (or maybe a cry for help <G>)

        >and you are cutting and pasting things off Waldorf web sites rather
        >than bothering to write your own - and without attribution, I might
        >note. Shame!

        >What are you talking about? Where?

        I already asked you to provide the source for the little piece on
        Steiner's supposed educational credentials. It is clear that you did
        not write it. Play dumb if you like.

        >You mean because Deborah didn't get an answer that validates your
        >wild and crazy accusations?

        My "accusations" that in Waldorf classrooms there are many unwritten
        rules is not wild and crazy, it is the experience of many in Waldorf.
        Many former students can tell you this. It might make more sense to
        discuss with the older ones, though - interviewing 4 year olds is a
        bit less than reliable.

        >One of the techniques that virtually guarantees you won't get a
        >truthful answer is the one you use... the technique of automatically
        >ruling out all the answers offered which you personally don't like.

        I didn't suggest that. Try to read what is written. I said basically
        for Deborah to interview her granddaughter about it is not very
        useful. I wouldn't, personally, go around interviewing 4-year-
        olds . .
        Diana
      • Mike T
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
          Hi D,
          I didn't mean it literally, but figuratively. It's the message not the words
          that count.

          No please please stay, you serve a very important role on here; one you
          wouldn't even believe. From you and Pete I can 'crawl' deep down into the
          recesses of my dark side (step into the mud and walk in your shoes for a
          while ) and explore this; in a cyber world where I wouldn't necessarily be
          able to do this in the real world of a face to face. In this process I learn
          a lot about myself also actually. I'm not really used to putting down otherr
          human beings; however if you want to insult Anthroposophy, Steiner, and
          MichaEL School wisdom, well rest assured you are standing on shakey ground
          which will tear assuder under your feet.

          Mike T

          >From: "winters_diana" <diana.winters@...>
          >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: waldorf painting rules
          >Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:06:10 -0000
          >
          > >D, would you stop wasting space on this forum with your first grade
          > >antics -
          >
          >No, I will not leave per your request. That is up to "Sophia." "Sophia"
          >makes these decisions. Some people have their reasons for inviting
          >critics here. Perhaps you didn't know that - some people on this list
          >obviously don't want critics here, but there are others who do, for
          >their own reasons. Take it up with them.

          REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
          http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au