Re: waldorf painting rules

  • winters_diana
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      >You need a doctor, Diana.

      Linda, your replies are really disintegrating. You used to do a lot
      better than this. Lately it is mainly "Goody for you" and "nyah nyah"
      type stuff, and insults so simple second graders do better. "You need
      a doctor"?? and you are cutting and pasting things off Waldorf web
      sites rather than bothering to write your own - and without
      attribution, I might note. Shame!

      >I see. "Is that all the rules?" is leading but "Are there any other
      >rules?" isn't?

      Those are both leading questions. Did you read the rest of my post? I
      suggested that this mode of questioning will probably not get you far
      with young children.

      Thanks for the Perry Mason skit. Obviously, for some people things
      gotta be pretty damn clear-cut!

      Diana
    • Mike T
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        D, would you stop wasting space on this forum with your first grade antics -
        please. I think Linda should have said, you need a good doctor, cause the
        one you've got at the moment isn't working.

        Yes it is difficult to keep things clear cut for you and Pete. I never knew
        morbid sad pathetic human beings like you existed; you are pathetic you
        know; wasting everyones time with you psuedo intellectual dribble; it will
        never wash.

        Here's laughing at you and Pete; the mutual admiration club of two.
        heheheheheheh.
        Have a nice day,
        Mike T

        > >You need a doctor, Diana.
        >

        >Linda, your replies are really disintegrating. You used to do a lot
        >better than this. Lately it is mainly "Goody for you" and "nyah nyah"
        >type stuff, and insults so simple second graders do better. "You need
        >a doctor"?? and you are cutting and pasting things off Waldorf web
        >sites rather than bothering to write your own - and without
        >attribution, I might note. Shame!
        >

        >>Thanks for the Perry Mason skit. Obviously, for some people things
        >gotta be pretty damn clear-cut!
        >

        >Diana

        Sell your car for $9 on carpoint.com.au
        http://www.carpoint.com.au/sellyourcar
      • winters_diana
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
          >D, would you stop wasting space on this forum with your first grade
          >antics -

          No, I will not leave per your request. That is up to "Sophia." "Sophia"
          makes these decisions. Some people have their reasons for inviting
          critics here. Perhaps you didn't know that - some people on this list
          obviously don't want critics here, but there are others who do, for
          their own reasons. Take it up with them.
        • winters_diana
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
            >The sheer desperation of your argument, the *that's a leading
            >question,

            Pointing out a leading question is not a desperate argument, Linda,
            but a very basic one. The question that we were discussing was the
            clearest and most simple example of a leading question that I can
            think of. It is very easy to elicit particular answers from children,
            we do it all the time, as parents, unconsciously. Deborah and her
            granddaughter obviously have a close relationship and were having a
            pleasant conversation. The conversation was sweet but - sorry - not
            terribly interesting in terms of clearing up "Waldorf painting rules."

            >the child told you what you wanted to hear, you can't know by asking
            >children anyway, or the teacher, only by watching, which probably
            >you won't be allowed to do*, is a cry for help if you ask me.

            What are you talking about? You think I am crying for help on this
            list? From you perhaps? Er, please, but no thank you. You are
            appearing to me lately as a somewhat delusional individual - as I
            say, you used to make somewhat more sense in arguing, but lately your
            posts are simply in tatters, I sometimes have trouble believing they
            come from the old "Linda Clemens." (whoever you are)

            >I was present for painting class on several occasions. There was
            >another rule which hasn't been mentioned yet--"when finished, put
            >the painting in the rack to dry".

            >Ó¿Ò
            >.o.

            Was that supposed to be a laugh? (or maybe a cry for help <G>)

            >and you are cutting and pasting things off Waldorf web sites rather
            >than bothering to write your own - and without attribution, I might
            >note. Shame!

            >What are you talking about? Where?

            I already asked you to provide the source for the little piece on
            Steiner's supposed educational credentials. It is clear that you did
            not write it. Play dumb if you like.

            >You mean because Deborah didn't get an answer that validates your
            >wild and crazy accusations?

            My "accusations" that in Waldorf classrooms there are many unwritten
            rules is not wild and crazy, it is the experience of many in Waldorf.
            Many former students can tell you this. It might make more sense to
            discuss with the older ones, though - interviewing 4 year olds is a
            bit less than reliable.

            >One of the techniques that virtually guarantees you won't get a
            >truthful answer is the one you use... the technique of automatically
            >ruling out all the answers offered which you personally don't like.

            I didn't suggest that. Try to read what is written. I said basically
            for Deborah to interview her granddaughter about it is not very
            useful. I wouldn't, personally, go around interviewing 4-year-
            olds . .
            Diana
          • Mike T
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
              Hi D,
              I didn't mean it literally, but figuratively. It's the message not the words
              that count.

              No please please stay, you serve a very important role on here; one you
              wouldn't even believe. From you and Pete I can 'crawl' deep down into the
              recesses of my dark side (step into the mud and walk in your shoes for a
              while ) and explore this; in a cyber world where I wouldn't necessarily be
              able to do this in the real world of a face to face. In this process I learn
              a lot about myself also actually. I'm not really used to putting down otherr
              human beings; however if you want to insult Anthroposophy, Steiner, and
              MichaEL School wisdom, well rest assured you are standing on shakey ground
              which will tear assuder under your feet.

              Mike T

              >From: "winters_diana" <diana.winters@...>
              >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: waldorf painting rules
              >Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:06:10 -0000
              >
              > >D, would you stop wasting space on this forum with your first grade
              > >antics -
              >
              >No, I will not leave per your request. That is up to "Sophia." "Sophia"
              >makes these decisions. Some people have their reasons for inviting
              >critics here. Perhaps you didn't know that - some people on this list
              >obviously don't want critics here, but there are others who do, for
              >their own reasons. Take it up with them.

              REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
              http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au