Talking with Angels

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2005
      Anybody here been reading "Talking with Angels" transcribed by Gitta
      Mallasz?

      From the back cover:

      The true story of four young Hungarians in search of inner meaning at
      a time of outer upheaval -- the holocaust -- who encountered luminous
      forces that helped them find new direction and hope in their shattered
      lives. These forces, which came to be known as "angels", accompanied
      them for seventeen perilous months, until three of them met their
      deaths in Nazi concentration camps. Only Gitta Mallasz survived to
      bring their story and these remarkable dialogues to the world.

      ------------------------------------
      A friend recommended this book and I've read the first few chapters.
      It is extraordinary.

      Nana
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2005
        Nana:
        > Anybody here been reading "Talking with Angels"
        > transcribed by Gitta
        > Mallasz?
        >
        > From the back cover:
        >
        > The true story of four young Hungarians in search of
        > inner meaning at
        > a time of outer upheaval -- the holocaust -- who
        > encountered luminous
        > forces that helped them find new direction and hope
        > in their shattered
        > lives. These forces, which came to be known as
        > "angels", accompanied
        > them for seventeen perilous months, until three of
        > them met their
        > deaths in Nazi concentration camps. Only Gitta
        > Mallasz survived to
        > bring their story and these remarkable dialogues to
        > the world.

        Nana, thank you for this. I tell you when I meet
        someone who is speaking of these things and they seem
        to not be specifically educated like myself I ask them
        if they are Hungarian. And just about every frieken
        time they are. It's like this heritage of mine is
        connected with something and even Dr. STeiner comes
        from the same area from birth. It is so intereting and
        I wonder what the connection is for this specific
        geographic area.

        Thanks for the book reccommendation.

        Best,
        Dottie

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail
      • Deborah
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2005
          > Nana, thank you for this. I tell you when I meet
          > someone who is speaking of these things and they seem
          > to not be specifically educated like myself I ask them
          > if they are Hungarian. And just about every frieken
          > time they are. It's like this heritage of mine is
          > connected with something and even Dr. STeiner comes
          > from the same area from birth. It is so intereting and
          > I wonder what the connection is for this specific
          > geographic area.
          >
          > Thanks for the book reccommendation.
          >
          > Best,
          > Dottie

          Hmm. Interesting. I'll have to think about this
          (Hungary/Balkans/Yugoslavia) and get back to you.

          A good friend of mine recommended this book with great feeling and
          enthusiasm, so I went ahead and bought it. I've been reading a bit
          every morning. Today I started crying after I finished a section. No
          idea why. I don't cry much, being a head person, much more than a
          heart person. I'm becoming a bit more balanced from being around my
          grandkids, who live in the moment and in their feelings.

          nana
        • Deborah
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
            This book is just as wonderful as my friend said it was. Here is a
            brief quote, to encourage folks to try out the book.

            Gitta: What is the difference between true and false feelings?

            response: True feeling is inwardly 'immobile.'
            But you love first this...then that...
            [gesture indicating the motion of waves:
            water moves, in waves.
            TRUE FEELING IS MOTIONLESS,
            LOVES EVERYTHING...AND SHINES.

            from page 62