Re: Ahriman's Cliff Notes/Tarjei

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2004
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,

      "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

      "4.) Contingency plans for the future, Leo Strauss will come out of
      Weimar and teach some of my next generations students, Ahriman
      planned. Ahriman named, Wolfowitz, Perle and others, but Saul Bellow
      snuck into the Neocon camp and reported back to Anthro headquarters.
      What, did you not follow this? Well doing homework is following the
      trail of a real super spy thriller."

      http://www.robertfulford.com/SaulBellow.html

      "...and even Bellow may well have believed it when he wrote his
      first two novels, Dangling Man and The Victim. But around 1950, he
      dissented. He suggested that life might not be that dreary after
      all, and he identified social theory itself as a source of evil.
      Marxism, he decided, was doomed to put plans and principles ahead of
      humanity. In Mr. Sammler's Planet (1970), Artur Sammler's experience
      of Hitler and Stalin forces him to abandon his hope of applying
      scientific principles to building a beautiful society. He decides
      that the bureaucracy involved in such a program encourages
      dictatorship. In The Dean's December (1982), the hero tries to
      imagine some grand truth that will explain modern history's
      disasters. He, too, eventually realizes that all-encompassing
      theories of human life lack humanity. Constructing grand plans, he
      decides, avoids the truth of experience.

      His way of thinking made Bellow into a critic of the theory-prone
      New York intellectuals who were among his teachers. Later, the
      energy behind the 1960s New Left appealed to many liberal
      intellectuals, but Bellow saw the young radicals as vicious clowns.
      Today, he sometimes makes common cause with neoconservatives but
      never embraces them. An economic theory based on decisions made by
      everyone out of enlightened self-interest just doesn't make sense to
      him. What evidence is there that the self-interest of most humans is
      enlightened?

      Curiously, Bellow's complicated attempts to challenge literary
      fashion helped make him rich. Intellectual defiance was a major part
      of Herzog, the 1964 best-seller that brought him financial success
      at the age of 49. Was there ever a less likely money-maker? The
      crazy and Bellow-like hero, Moses Herzog, spends his time writing
      letters crammed with anger and high-flown language, mostly about the
      fate of the human spirit. He denounces "The canned sauerkraut of
      Spengler's [The Decline of the West], the commonplaces of [Eliot's]
      Wasteland outlook, the cheap mental stimulants of Alienation, the
      cant and rant of pip-squeaks about Inauthenticity and Forlornness. I
      can't accept this foolish dreariness. We are talking about the whole
      life of mankind ..."

      Occasionally, Bellow himself has shown a weakness for fads. In the
      1950s, Dr. Wilhelm Reich (1897-1957), a charismatic quack, preached
      a neo-Freudian theory that mental health depends on unfettered
      orgasm. A Reichian adherent would sit for hours each day in an
      Accumulator, or orgone box, which looked like an old-fashioned phone
      booth. It was lined with zinc and insulated with steel wool, to
      collect "orgone energy." Bellow's Reichian analyst had him sit in
      the box for many hours, and sent him out in the woods to advance his
      cure by screaming his head off. In the end, Bellow decided the
      therapy did more harm than good.

      Much later, he was attracted to another dubious set of ideas, the
      anthroposophy of Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925), the author of books
      such as The Occult Significance of Blood. Steiner's impenetrable
      theories showed up in Humboldt's Gift, prompting interviewers to ask
      whether this nonsense was meant satirically. Bellow was offended.
      Hell, no, he took Steiner seriously.

      What he was looking for in Steiner was what certain American writers
      have sought since Ralph Waldo Emerson: transcendence, a glimpse of
      an existence beyond mundane experience. Emerson, Thoreau and the
      other New England transcendentalists were heirs to German idealist
      philosophy and to the writers of the Romantic era, notably Coleridge
      and Wordsworth. The transcendentalists in turn influenced Melville,
      Whitman -- and Bellow.

      Bellow's characters dream of finding patterns behind a world that
      appears meaningless. This leads them in the general direction of
      religion, and though Bellow has never claimed to be conventionally
      religious, "soul" is among his favourite words. Accepting the Nobel
      Prize in 1976, he suggested readers everywhere were longing for
      a "more coherent, more comprehensive account of what we human beings
      are, and what this life is for." A characteristic of our time, he
      said, is that the individual must struggle against the forces of
      dehumanization "for the possession of his soul."

      It's not clear what he means by "soul," but there's no doubt he
      wants us to pay more attention to it. As Hillel Halkin pointed out
      in Commentary three years ago, Bellow seems to imagine that the
      human soul is in exile in the world. In Humboldt's Gift (1975), the
      doomed poet is possessed by the Platonic belief that souls came from
      an original world elsewhere, a home-world, now lost: "He spoke of
      our species as castaways," the narrator says. In The Dean's
      December, the hero has "taken it upon himself to pass Chicago
      through his own soul." Bellow sometimes has his characters refer to
      an original soul, the soul humans possess at birth.

      It happens that at this moment, two Canadian-born American Jewish
      intellectuals stand among the great world figures in the arts:
      novelist Saul Bellow and architect Frank Gehry. This may be mainly
      coincidence, but the parallels between them, particularly in their
      intellectual lives, are worth noting. Among other similarities, they
      both left Canada for the United States at a young age and both
      remained known only to a relatively small public until their
      reputations blossomed in middle age.

      But don't tell Bellow that similar origins shaped those two
      magnificent careers. That would violate his cherished belief that
      lives are not determined by circumstances. In 1984, when his home
      town of Lachine, Que., named its library after him, Bellow seized
      the opportunity to denounce the abhorrent idea, typical of the tired
      formulas produced by universities and journalism, that those born to
      poverty and ignorance likely will remain poor and ignorant. Don't
      believe it, he said. "Your mind and your spirit have their own
      liberty." Each individual should be loyal to that. And besides, "The
      human soul has its own way." The human soul is Bellow's true and
      explicit subject, which is one of several reasons why he's among the
      exceptional writers of the world."

      Bradford concludes:

      I followed with interest as Tarjei looked so intently and sincerely
      at how someone, say, PS could interpret how his own I AM saw things.
      Which is anyones right if we voice an opinion. It is anyones right
      and we have no ground to insist that you just don't understand my I
      AM. Tarjei traced specific discerning forces of the I AM and he
      looked up reality and I AM research which every infected
      Intellectual soul refutes. This adventure into the I AM, brought
      Tarjei to Anarchism and Steiner as a real radical with a Fichte like
      core fully explored and dangerous to Science and humanity. Why?

      Simply because to understand the core of the Christ Event and the
      Christ Being brings each individual into a state that no longer
      needs to rely on outside authorities for the proof of their
      insights. But that would imply we could just deny the efforts of
      research around us and just focus on our Fichtean I AM's. However
      this school of learning, that teaches how the I Am functions, brings
      insights into the Soul and Spirit as well as the Physical
      foundations of creation and names the Christ as the bearer of the I
      AM, has become dangerous because with it, we refute the Church of
      Fear and the Bomb. We refute the Church of Science that uses fear of
      the bomb or biological terror to keep the citizens from learning the
      truth of their own I AM.

      That Christ, did in fact, conquer the atomic table of elements,
      because the entire atomic table was part of the Logos to begin with
      is such a dangerous cultural idea. That a human I AM is part of the
      symphony of matter and spirit in the embrace of the Logos and that I
      AM's and their future time travel would be monitored by the very I
      AM being, Christ, the Lord of Karma is extremely dangerous. I AM's
      are lurking everywhere and they have been inserted through the Time
      Travel mechanisms of Reincarnation and the Gods. Certainly Cloning
      could be a great fragmenting shattering of the I AM couldn't it?
      Copies of I AM's floating around, what if, what if and again what
      if? The critics have nothing to compare to how we can enter
      accurately into the What Ifs and they cannot see what the effects
      would be on the moral and spritual structure of the future
      development of mankind.

      This, when we get down to the knitty gritty of composing and
      deflating the propaganda that the Church of the Right Wing of
      Ahriman land, requires us to believe in Fear. Makes those with
      developing I AM discernment dangerous to policy and Sheepness.
      Wolves prefer that the Sheep do not know that the I AM on Golgotha,
      sprayed with the blood of Christ, shattered the laws of Saturn, Sun,
      Moon and Earth, with the Father's permission. "His bones should not
      be broken" This gravity and dynamic bone structure zodiac framework
      and system was to remain unbroken and remodeled out of the I AM,
      down to the very design and construction of physical forms in space
      and under the laws of space, down to the bones.

      This does not mean that we may relax and not face the wolves who
      poison with fear and are prophets of the church of Ahriman. We have
      to respect and look carefully at the prophets of the Church of
      Ahriman. They are strewn on the ass of history, against the Pauline
      SPirit of Christ. The wolves or Wolfowitz and Perle, Cheney and
      Rumsfeld and whole mighty armies of Ahrimanic thought police, in the
      WC and Newt Gingrich, think tanks everywhere, merely monitor Anthro
      sites, with Starman Hawks and PS right wing intellectual gun
      slingers, who patrol and keep confused souls away from what Tarjei
      has wisely researched around the core of the I AM. Discerning what
      that Core means is rightly discerning what humanism is. Most souls
      fail at this even.

      This was a very introspective research project on the I AM that
      Tarjei journeyed on; where, where in the wide, wide world, could
      anyone find such a profound research trail and depth that Steiner
      warmly and freely offered humanity with his rich philosophical and
      scientific experience?

      This research makes every soul drawn to Spiritual Science a threat
      to the church of Ahriman. The bomb is the St. Paul version of total
      belief in science and fear; and crispy fried bones infected leukemia
      are poisoned lights immoral death forces, that were transformed by
      Christ. What about techno toys and space travel? What does Ahriman
      wish to prove to the Intellect that wanders toward Spiritual
      Science? That, the transformation of thinking and balanced
      discernment has to be won by each I AM turning from external church
      and external science to the inner Science structure of the human
      soul, spirit and biological affirmation in space.

      In that affirmation is the Science of the Christ Event. And this
      Science comes with a little Sword, distributed to Michael School
      students before they were born, a sword called Sting. We hold in our
      soul life the WMD in the primal Rings, each of us are Ring bearers,
      where the inner core of the I AM has the very destructive force seen
      in Nuclear Light. No it is not all Love, trials ahead loom deep and
      profound as any Gandalfian knows. We have these mighty anti-I AM
      forces in us, as Ring Bearers and still we pursue the path of the
      Logos and the I AM.
    • Mike Helsher
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 23 6:43 PM
        This is a synopsis of a course I'm thinking about signing up for.

        Does anyone know anything about Edward R. Smith?

        THE DISCIPLE WHOM JESUS LOVED

        These lecture/guides by Edward R. Smith focus on the identity of the
        "beloved disciple": the one "learning on Jesus' bosom, whom Jesus loved" -
        the one to whom Jesus "gave" His mother - not to mention the one who wrote
        the fourth Gospel, the Apocalypse, and certain letters that expound the
        Christian teaching of love more perfectly than any other human text.
        Ordinary Christians have always called this author "John," which tradition
        has sometimes interpreted to mean "to whom is given" and which Smith tells
        us comes from a conflation of two Hebrew words "Yah" (or Yahweh) and with
        "Anna," meaning "grace." In other words, John manifests and bears witness to
        God's grace. Certainly no Christian texts have exerted a comparable
        initiatory influence. Indeed, whether or not it is justifiable to speak of a
        "Joannine" spiritual (esoteric) Church, in contrast to the Petrine or
        institutional (exoteric) Church, St. John has always stood for the heights
        of mystical theology: the deepest Christian initiation. His identity,
        therefore, is a matter of more than passing interest.

        For all who are willing to consider the matter openly, these lectures will
        bring amazing insights into such mysteries as to the relationship of Lazarus
        to John and who was the mother of Jesus. These lectures cannot but help to
        gain a greatly increased love and understanding of John's great contribution
        to Christianity.