Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] the Secular Humanist Man

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2005
      > "Some people like [waldorf schools] better. I for one
      > Care less for them!"

      Mike,

      ROTFLMAO!! But, one small quibble, shouldn't the above read:

      "Some people like waldorf schools better, I myself
      Care less for them!"

      Musing YMMV,
      JoAnn
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2005
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:

        > > "Some people like [waldorf schools] better. I for one
        > > Care less for them!"
        >

        > Mike,
        >
        > ROTFLMAO!! But, one small quibble, shouldn't the above read:
        >
        > "Some people like waldorf schools better, I myself
        > Care less for them!"
        >
        > Musing YMMV,
        > JoAnn

        Hey JoAnn, I think it was a guy they called "Catpain Beefheart" that
        did some of the monolouge for that song (the Miffin Man). I haven't
        heard the song myself in about ten years or so, but I distinctly
        remember him saying it in a deep throbbing vioce saying "I for one
        care less for them" which has a bit of a more dramatic effect in the
        song. But I like your version too.

        Hey, I can't remember what ROTFLMAO means??? or YMMV either??

        Much love and stuff

        Mike
      • Jo Ann Schwartz
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2005

          Mike wrote:
          > Hey JoAnn, I think it was a guy they called "Catpain Beefheart" that
          > did some of the monolouge for that song (the Miffin Man). I haven't
          > heard the song myself in about ten years or so, but I distinctly
          > remember him saying it in a deep throbbing vioce saying "I for one
          > care less for them" which has a bit of a more dramatic effect in the
          > song. But I like your version too.

          Oops. Just looked and your version (and memory! <G>) is correct. Captain
          Beefheart did the song with the inimitable Frank Zappa on an album entitled
          "Bongo Fury". Haven't heard that one in a dog's age... "I wish I had some
          bongos... Bongo Fury..."

          > Hey, I can't remember what ROTFLMAO means???

          Er... the delicate of constitution will now cover their eyes, mmmkay?

          Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

          > or YMMV either??

          The Motown inspired "Your Maya May Vary"..

          Much love and stuff,
          JoAnn