the Secular Humanist Man

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2005
      Inspired by uncle Taz, I have taken an old FZ song, "the muffin
      man", and re-arranged it a bit

      *****************ripped off Musical Parody on************************

      The [secular humanist man] is seated at the table
      In the laboratory of the Utility [racist]
      Research Kitchen . . .

      Reaching for an oversized chrome spoon
      He gathers an intimate quantity of dried [Steiner/racist] remnants
      And brushing his scapular aside
      Proceeds to dump these inside of his shirt. . .
      He turns to us and speaks:

      "Some people like [waldorf schools] better. I for one
      Care less for them!"

      Arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snoot
      of a fully charged [racist] anointment utensil
      He pools forth a quarter-ounce [wanna-be intellectually pih-headed
      historian]

      (oh ah yuk yuk. let's try that again . . .!) He pools forth a quater
      ounce [wanna-be intellectually pih-headed historian] Near the summit
      of a dense but radiant [racist propaganda mountain] of his own
      design.

      Later he says: "Some people . . . some people like [anthroposophy]
      exclusively, while I myself say there is naughl nor ought there be
      Nothing so exalted on the face of [my] grey earth As that prince of
      [idologies . . . The secular humanist!]"

      Girl you thought he was a [athiest]
      BuT he was a [anthro]
      He hung around till you found
      That he didn't know nuthin[o]'

      Girl you thought he was a [secular huminist]
      But he only was [Waldorf teacher]
      No cries is heard in the night
      As a result of [this Steinerific preacher]

      deviously

      Mike
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2005
        > "Some people like [waldorf schools] better. I for one
        > Care less for them!"

        Mike,

        ROTFLMAO!! But, one small quibble, shouldn't the above read:

        "Some people like waldorf schools better, I myself
        Care less for them!"

        Musing YMMV,
        JoAnn
      • Mike helsher
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2005
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:

          > > "Some people like [waldorf schools] better. I for one
          > > Care less for them!"
          >

          > Mike,
          >
          > ROTFLMAO!! But, one small quibble, shouldn't the above read:
          >
          > "Some people like waldorf schools better, I myself
          > Care less for them!"
          >
          > Musing YMMV,
          > JoAnn

          Hey JoAnn, I think it was a guy they called "Catpain Beefheart" that
          did some of the monolouge for that song (the Miffin Man). I haven't
          heard the song myself in about ten years or so, but I distinctly
          remember him saying it in a deep throbbing vioce saying "I for one
          care less for them" which has a bit of a more dramatic effect in the
          song. But I like your version too.

          Hey, I can't remember what ROTFLMAO means??? or YMMV either??

          Much love and stuff

          Mike
        • Jo Ann Schwartz
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2005

            Mike wrote:
            > Hey JoAnn, I think it was a guy they called "Catpain Beefheart" that
            > did some of the monolouge for that song (the Miffin Man). I haven't
            > heard the song myself in about ten years or so, but I distinctly
            > remember him saying it in a deep throbbing vioce saying "I for one
            > care less for them" which has a bit of a more dramatic effect in the
            > song. But I like your version too.

            Oops. Just looked and your version (and memory! <G>) is correct. Captain
            Beefheart did the song with the inimitable Frank Zappa on an album entitled
            "Bongo Fury". Haven't heard that one in a dog's age... "I wish I had some
            bongos... Bongo Fury..."

            > Hey, I can't remember what ROTFLMAO means???

            Er... the delicate of constitution will now cover their eyes, mmmkay?

            Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

            > or YMMV either??

            The Motown inspired "Your Maya May Vary"..

            Much love and stuff,
            JoAnn