Why can't an Anthro be more like a Critic? WITH CORRECTION

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 39 , May 1, 2005
      Sorry, I forgot to complete the name-changes properly! Forget the previous post; here is one more go:

      [*** ******** MUSIC AL ON ********* ****]

      My Fair Anthro

      A Hymn to PLANS

      DAN
      What in all of heaven could've promted them to go,
      After such a triumph as the WC?
      What could've depressed them;
      What could've possessed them?
      I cannot understand why they would flee.

      Anthros are irrational, that's all there is to that!
      There heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags!
      They're nothing but exasperating, irritating,
      vacillating, calculating, agitating,
      Maddening and infuriating nags!
      [To Diana]
      Diana, why can't an anthro be more like a critic?

      DIANA
      Hmm?

      DAN
      Yes...

      Why can't an anthro be more like a critic?
      Critics are so honest, so thoroughly square;
      Eternally noble, historic'ly fair;
      Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat.
      Well, why can't an anthro be like that?

      Why does ev'ryone do what the others do?
      Can't an anthro learn to use his head?
      Why do they do ev'rything other anthros do?
      Why don't they grow up- well, like us critics instead?

      Why can't an anthro take after a critic?
      Critics are so pleasant, so easy to please;
      Whenever you are with them, you're always at ease.
      Would you be slighted if I talked shit about Steiner for hours?

      DIANA
      Of course not!

      DAN
      Would you be livid if I called him a Nazi or two?

      DIANA
      Nonsense.

      DAN
      Would you be wounded if I served Opposing Powers?

      DIANA
      Never.

      DAN
      Well, why can't an anthro be like you?

      One critic in a million may shout a bit.
      Now and then there's one with slight defects;
      One, perhaps, whose truthfulness you doubt a bit.
      But by and large we are a marvelous sect!

      Why can't an anthro take after like a critic?
      Cause critics are so friendly, good natured and kind.
      A better companion you never will find.
      If I sued your school in court, would you bellow?

      DIANA
      Of course not!

      DAN
      If I said that you are brainwashed, would you fuss?

      DIANA
      Nonsense.

      DAN
      Would you complain if I insulted another fellow?

      DIANA
      Never.

      DAN
      Well, why can't an anthro be like us?

      [To Dottie]
      Dottie, you're an anthro...

      Why can't an anthro be more like a critic?
      Critics are so decent, such regular chaps.
      Ready to help you through any mishaps.
      Ready to buck you up whenever you are glum.
      Why can't an anthro be a chum?

      Why is thinking something anthros never do?
      Why is logic never even tried?
      Straight'ning up their websites is all they ever do.
      Why don't they straighten up the mess that's inside?

      Why can't an anthro behave like a critic?
      If I was an anthro who'd been to the WC,
      Been hailed as a cultist for all critics to see;
      Would I start weeping like a bathtub overflowing?
      And carry on as if my home were in a tree?
      Would I run off and never tell me where I'm going?
      Why can't an anthro be like me?

      [*** **** ****MUSIC AL OFF **** *********]

      Brought to you by:

      Uncle Taz
      http://uncletaz.com/

      "To force a man to pay for the violation of his own liberty is indeed an addition of insult to injury."
      - Benjamin Tucker
    • pete_karaiskos
      Message 39 of 39 , May 5, 2005
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dottie zold"
        <dottie_z@y...> wrote:
        > Pete:
        > > You're confusing Anthroposophy with Waldorf here. I'd like you to
        > > point to a reference here.
        >
        > and
        >
        > Pete over at the critics:
        >
        > Pete:
        > Let me ask you - if Waldorf schools are not trying to
        > promote Anthroposophy, to
        > produce Anthroposophists, then why have morning
        > verses.
        >
        > Dottie:
        > Okay Pete, so who's confusing Waldorf with Anthroposophy here? Had to
        > way by you that 'Anthroposophy and Waldorf are not one and the same
        > Dottie, what don't you understand about that'? Well, Pete, I'd like to
        > know whay 'you' don't understand about that?
        >
        > Best,
        > Dottie

        Dottie - I'm not going to explain this to you. Please learn to read
        and understand what you are reading. You are a waste of my time.

        Pete