Re: Reality, unplugged

  • pete_karaiskos
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      <franksmith@v...> wrote:

      > Don't touch that dial!
      > TV-Turnoff Week is reality, unplugged
      >
      > Richmond Times-Dispatch Apr 27, 2005
      >

      > But that hasn't stopped the school from launching a gung-ho effort
      to observe TV-Turnoff Week, a national movement promoted by a
      nonprofit organization that encourages Americans to shut off their
      televisions this week in hopes it will lead to reduced TV viewing
      during the rest of the year. The idea behind the effort, according to
      the TV-Turnoff Network, is that watching less television will lead to
      healthier lives and communities.

      > I hope this TV-Turnoff week isn't during the Super Bowl or the
      Word Series - or else I ain't playing.

      > Frank

      It's during the NBA playoffs. Coincidence or conspiracy? <G>

      Pete
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005

        > > Don't touch that dial!
        > > TV-Turnoff Week is reality, unplugged
        > >
        > > Richmond Times-Dispatch Apr 27, 2005
        > >

        > > But that hasn't stopped the school from launching a gung-ho effort
        > to observe TV-Turnoff Week, a national movement promoted by a
        > nonprofit organization that encourages Americans to shut off their
        > televisions this week in hopes it will lead to reduced TV viewing
        > during the rest of the year. The idea behind the effort, according to
        > the TV-Turnoff Network, is that watching less television will lead to
        > healthier lives and communities.
        > >
        > > I hope this TV-Turnoff week isn't during the Super Bowl or the
        > Word Series - or else I ain't playing.
        > >
        > > Frank
        >
        > It's during the NBA playoffs. Coincidence or conspiracy? <G>
        >
        > Pete

        A racist conspiracy (NBA players 90% black). Or a conspiracy of ignorance
        (organizers 90% stupid).
        Frank
      • pete_karaiskos
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          <franksmith@v...> wrote:

          > > > Don't touch that dial!
          > > > TV-Turnoff Week is reality, unplugged
          > > >
          > > > Richmond Times-Dispatch Apr 27, 2005
          > > >

          > > > But that hasn't stopped the school from launching a gung-ho effort
          > > to observe TV-Turnoff Week, a national movement promoted by a
          > > nonprofit organization that encourages Americans to shut off their
          > > televisions this week in hopes it will lead to reduced TV viewing
          > > during the rest of the year. The idea behind the effort, according to
          > > the TV-Turnoff Network, is that watching less television will lead to
          > > healthier lives and communities.
          > > >
          > > > I hope this TV-Turnoff week isn't during the Super Bowl or the
          > > Word Series - or else I ain't playing.
          > > >
          > > > Frank
          > >
          > > It's during the NBA playoffs. Coincidence or conspiracy? <G>
          > >
          > > Pete
          > >
          > A racist conspiracy (NBA players 90% black). Or a conspiracy of
          ignorance
          > (organizers 90% stupid).

          Er... I think you meant 90% of NBA players are black.