Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Our worth

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2004
      Well, you already had your greeting card from God, but your finding on a
      rubbish heap remined me of this -

      Music

      Ralph Waldo Emerson

      Let me go where'er I will,
      I bear a sky-born music still:
      It sounds from all things old,
      It sounds from all things young,
      From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
      Peals out a cheerful song.

      It is not only in the rose,
      It is not only in the bird,
      Not only where the rainbow glows,
      Nor in the song of woman heard,
      But in the darkest, meanest things
      There alway, alway something sings.

      'T is not in the high stars alone,
      Nor in the cup of budding flowers,
      Nor in the redbreast's mellow tone,
      Nor in the bow that smiles in showers,
      But in the mud and scum of things
      There alway, alway something sings.
    • Mike Helsher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2004
        Thanks Christine:
        You set  off even more synchronistic bells in my mind with this Poem. I love Emerson. And last year I was reading allot of his stuff when this very Poem jumped out at me. I remember using the last line in The Steiner Study group I was in. Back then, Emanual and I had a thread going called, "Thinking in your head" -- I'm sure that you were thinking in my head with this one.

        Thinking like a homeless soul in the mind of God...

        Truth and Love

        Mike

        Well, you already had your greeting card from God, but your finding on a
        rubbish heap remined me of this -

        Music

        Ralph Waldo Emerson

        Let me go where'er I will,