Re: Dan says "insiders know"

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      <franksmith@v...> wrote:

      > > Keith, quoting Dan:
      > >
      > > "That's a tired excuse. In some places Steiner is
      > > vague about race, but in others, like the quote
      > > from GA174b above, he makes it quite clear that
      > > "cultural epochs" in Anthroposophy meant the same
      > > thing as "races" in Theosophy--the words have
      > > been changed for public consumption, insiders
      > > know what they really mean."
      > >
      > Actually, Dan was half-right. The theosophists used the word races
      and when
      > Steiner was with them he did as well. At some point he changed to
      cultural
      > epochs. The reason the WCs are blowing in the wind is that
      cultural epochs
      > is what the theosophists also meant, and it is simply a much better
      > denomination of historical periods. This being the case, the
      word "races" in
      > theosphical terminology has nothing to do with the more
      restricted - and
      > modern - usage, as Nana shows above.
      > Frank

      Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I was aware of that, but was
      just responding to the silliness about public consumption. On one
      hand, Diana yells that your average waldorf school can't organize
      their way out of a paper bag, but on the other hand there is a
      subtle, complex long-running anthroposophical conspiracy to
      do...what? I must have missed something.

      Nana