Re: In Praise of Holy Madness

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      > By the way, thanks for your vigilance over on the WC. And Welcome
      > > the good ship anthro-pop. Nice to have you on board.
      > >
      > > Mike
      >

      > Mike --
      >
      > I loved this article, too.
      >
      > Thanks for your warm welcome! Keith is doing a good job on the
      WC;
      > I admire his eveness and balance. I'm afraid that I was often
      reduced
      > to eye-popping astonishment at some of the WC contortions; this
      > may have slipped into some of my messages. Of course, fairness &
      > balance rule on the WC -- who am I to complain? ;>)

      Hummm. "Fair and Balanced"...You mean like Fox news? :) yeah, the wc
      is indeed fair and balanced in a similar way.

      I thought you did quite well. The "eye-popping astonishment" really
      got the best of me, the few times that I was on that list. Right or
      wrong, I was prone to throwing it back in their faces, big time. But
      I'm an asshole, that's what I do. I think it's cool that their are
      wrenches for all the nuts in the world, and that some people take
      the more calm approch. To each their own I guess.

      I'm not much of a scholar, or histroian, so I can't enter into the
      intellectual argument over the "textual analysis" with any real
      experience. My big problem with the WC cult is the lack of true
      empathy, that results in what smells, to me, like Moral
      decripitness, or nihilism, which is usually brewed in a fanitical
      secular humanist/anti-religious stew. The stench of the stew over
      there has overpowered the need for healthy critque of WE or RS, I
      think.

      all good things

      Mike

      > Serena
    • Brad Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        The stench of the stew over
        > there (WC) has overpowered the need for healthy critque of WE or RS,
        > think.
        > all good things
        > Mike

        Excellent point. I had said a number of times on WC, If they could
        hold WC to constructive criticism, such as inexperienced teachers or
        taking Steiner too literally, fine. But, the combo of their own bad
        experience (at least half of which was their fault, imo), and the
        frivolous PLANS lawsuit with fundie funding, has created a malevolent
        hydra headed monster doing harm, not good. Spreading innuendos is the
        classic technique of small minds.
        Brad