Bush's brain activity is fading fast

  • SerenaBlaue@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      D.P. Sorensen: 'Vegetable in Chief: Bush's brain activity is fading fast'
      Posted on Friday, April 01 @ 09:43:22 EST

      By D.P. Sorensen, Salt Lake Weekly

      Top neurological experts have concluded that President George W. Bush shows all the signs of being in a persistent vegetative state. "There is a total absence of cognitive function and verbalization," said Dr. Lester Frennell, head neurologist at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. "His public utterances are gibberish. The man is incapable of uttering a grammatical sentence, let alone a meaningful one. People who purport to find sense in his speeches are like pet owners who think their dogs can talk."

      Dr. Frennell added that Mr. Bush's famous winks, smirks and nasal chortles are merely neurological quirks, involuntary twitches of the autonomic nervous system. "The cerebral cortex is long gone. All that's left is the brain stem, sending out random electrical impulses. When you see him following a balloon across the room with his beady eyes, it's the same involuntary movements that occur when he's reading a teleprompter."

      Bush supporters, led by the Christian right and the Fox News Channel, are disputing the diagnosis of PVS, claiming that the president has "cycles of wakefulness" and is "alert, conscious, and responsive." At a hastily called news conference, Bush's hulking brother Jeb said he had an affidavit from an "acknowledged expert" that proved the president, rather than being in a persistent vegetative state, was actually in a "state of minimal consciousness."

      According to the affidavit signed by Manolo Casablanca, a White House manservant on at least one occasion the president displayed signs of life. "When I bring a platter of pretzels into Mr. George's TV room during the NCAA game between Utah and UTEP, he perked up just a bit." Normally, the president watches TV with glazed eyes and a gaping mouth and shows no awareness of anyone else in the room. (Aides say that there's an executive order banning Bush's mother, the formidable Barbara, from entering the White House. She's the only living mortal being capable of rousing George from his TV trances, shouting out things like, "Get off your pratt, you worthless pinhead!") On the occasion Manolo brought Bush some pretzels, the recumbent president starting snapping his fingers during a Coke commercial.

      In making the argument that his brother is not in a persistent vegetative state, Jeb Bush pointed out that other hypotheses have been put forward to explain his brother's cretinoid behavior.

      "For instance, a number of eminent scientists are of the opinion that the president's brain was put in backward when assembly line angels were installing standard mental equipment. This explains why he is always mixing up words and saying things like, 'America is a place where wings take dream,' and 'Personal investment accounts do not permanently fix the solution.' With his brain installed backwards, my brother is famously confused about subjects and verbs, regularly saying things like, 'the illiteracy level of our children are appalling.' But George at times also suffers from another kind of confusion. Just recently he was introducing the wife of a fellow politician, and said, 'Karen is with us. She's a West Texas girl, just like me.'"

      [....................]

      (c)2005 Copperfield Publishing, Inc.

      Reprinted from Salt Lake City Weekly:
      http://www.slweekly.com/editorial/2005/deep_2005-03-31.cfm
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
        Serena, I had an inspiration last night while reading
        The Serpents of Wisdom: GWB Great White Brotherhood.

        Isn't it interesting that George Bush would name his
        son under the GWB heading and that one day he would
        lead the world towards its final destination:
        anihilation.

        And it is also very interesting to me that I can see
        how his being President has served towards the good as
        well although he has used the dark forces to achieve
        what needed to be done. I guess it is very telling how
        we all fall short of the glory.

        Best,

        http://mail.yahoo.com