Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The Evil Empire Strikes Back! [Archived threads]

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 196 , Apr 1, 2005
      >About our internal squabbles:
      >
      >"They're like sharks. Leave them be - when they get hungry enough, they
      >eat each other." - Pete Karaiskos

      This made me curious about how much Pete Karaiskos knows about sharks and
      other marine life, so I checked it out at
      http://www.dogsbreathdivers.com/MarineLife/Sharks/Sharks.htm and realized
      that Pete thinks we're Grey Reef sharks:

      "Grey Reef sharks are territorial and they can go into such a feeding
      frenzy that they eat each other as well as their prey. So if they arch
      their back at you they mean you should leave because they will defend their
      territory. It doesn't really mean to eat you, just get rid of you, usually.
      Your camera flash can trigger an attack."

      This impression may have been due to my flashing teeth at Diana to get rid
      of her, our exposure of WC moles at closed, private anthro-lists who
      published such posts in the hole and our consequent counter-attacks. DD
      compares himself to a newspaper, and Pete may have his "camera flashes" in
      mind.

      On the other hand, Pete seems to be off target here, because AT listmates
      are much more similar to Sand Tiger sharks than to the Grey Reef variety:

      "These swim with their mouths open and you can see their many, sharp teeth
      which point inwards to hold onto their catch. The whole set of teeth is
      replaced every 2 weeks. They hunt around warm coasts and reefs, hunting
      small fish and squid. A grown adult is 3m long. They are not afraid of
      humans and if you crowd or harass them they may attack. Give them space."

      Translation:

      "These post their messages freely and without restrictions and you can see
      their many, sharp arguments and facts which point inwards to expose lied,
      bullshit, and bigotry. New active cyber-anthros arrive every 2 weeks. They
      hunt small libellous smear-mongers from PLANS. A grown adult has read 2000
      RS lectures. They are not afraid of "critics" and if such "critics" crowd
      or harass them they may attack. Give them space."

      Nobody can expect Pete to do his homework on anthroposophists, but a more
      accurate study of marine life would have given his shark analysis more
      weight. We don't go into territorial feeding frenzies like the Grey Reef
      sharks; that's what the PLANSers do. But we do bite like the Sand Tiger sharks:

      "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged
      sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the
      joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the
      heart." - Heb 4:12

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/
    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 196 of 196 , Apr 11, 2005
        At 15:43 11.04.2005, Pete wrote:

        >--- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Tarjei Straume wrote:
        > > At 07:13 11.04.2005, Pete wrote to Dottie:
        > >
        > > >I am correct in pointing out how you have tried to lump
        >Anthroposophical
        > > >medicine in with holistic medicine to make your point.
        >Anthroposophical
        > > >medicine may seem holistic to you, but holistic medicine is not
        > > >Anthroposophical medicine, neither is Reiki, neither is
        >accupuncture, or
        > > >chiropractic or other holistic medicines that ARE accepted
        > > >today. Anthroposophical medicine is, perhaps, trying to ride on the
        > > >coattails of other successful and accepted holistic approaches, but
        >it is
        > > >failing basically because it doesn't work.
        > >
        > > Anthroposophically extended medicine is practiced by trained, licenced
        > > physicians just like any other specialized medical field.
        >
        >Anthroposophically "extended" medicine? Sorry, I'm too close to this
        >topic to take what you say seriously. Peddle this on someone else Tarjei.

        Close to the topic? (forwarding to Dial-a-joke; this has to be a winner.)

        You're extremely ignorant and uninformed:

        http://www.paam.net/aem.htm

        http://www.anthroposophy.org.nz/Sections/Medical/AEM.htm

        http://www.artemisia.net/

        http://www.holistic-online.com/hol_miscellaneous.htm