Pope

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hey Everyone,

      My Pope is making the transition. I have such a warm spot in my being
      for this man. I have always loved him from the first time I was in
      Italy and my lady friends, mostly elders, went to the Church in his
      beginning days. Even now, and I do not know why specifically, I am
      moved to tears from the Grace I sense around him, the love for
      mankind that came from his pondering self. I sense a sadness within
      me that is actually joy but registers as sadness in a way.

      I had a reading two days ago from a friends psychic, who I hosted in
      the clubhouse and who felt the need to pay me with a report:), she
      tells me I was mostly in female incarnations and was an abbess in or
      around the thirteenth century and that I probably will choose to
      follow Christ in this lifetime as well. No kidding. Anyhow, this all
      gets me to my Pope and how connected I feel towards him. There is
      just something that calls to mind who I am within that connects me to
      his hope for the world.

      He was a Pope who gave me hope that THE bridge is being built between
      the various God loving peoples such as the Jews and the Christians: a
      biggie. I'll never forget reading his words that lifted up Muhammeds
      people by commenting about how wonderful it is that this people pray
      three times a day to God and how great the love of the Jews was
      towards God as well. He maintaned that it was through Christ one is
      saved but that all religions were worthy that looked towards God.

      I am so very happy for him that he is going home and I hope the love
      and light people have felt from him in his lifetime will accompany
      him as we help him on his now final leg of the journey as Pope John
      Paul.

      May God bless him and keep him in his Grace,

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
        As a feminist of sorts, Dottie, I really can't understand why you venerate
        the Pope to the extent you do. After all, refusing to recognize the needs of
        the times, he has refused to consider undoing the celibacy rule for priests,
        i.e., allowing them to marry, thereby continuing the Church's role as a
        refuge for pedophiles; refusing to consider women priests; enforcing absurd
        birth control dogma in favor of AIDS; being fanatical on the issue of legal
        abortion. [Aside: A couple of weeks ago, a Catholic bishop in Argentina,
        head of the armed forces chaplains, furious at the Health Minister's plan to
        legalize abortion (it's a crime here, resulting in thousands of illegal
        abortions per year and the inevitable botched ones) and to distribute free
        condoms, publicly said that the minister should have a millstone tied around
        his neck and be thrown into the sea. This reminded everyone of the "dirty
        war", when hundreds of people were thrown by the military from airplanes
        into the sea tied to stones. The government declared him person-non-grata
        and asked the Vatican to replace him. The Vatican defended him (still does)
        and refuses to replace him. All the govt can do is stop paying his salary.]
        John Paul was certainly instrumental in the fall of the Soviet Union, but
        since then, despite being muy simpatico, he has been a dinosaur.
        Frank