Re: In Praise of Holy Madness

  • SerenaBlaue@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher" <mhelsher@y...> wrote:

      > Serena posted:
      > > The
      > > message, essentially, is,"FUCK YOU! GET A JOB!" Another rhetorical
      > point scored for
      > > General Motors and Phillips Petroleum. God comes home to the Wall
      > Street
      > > Journal. But this IS America, where everybody is a businessman and
      > Chopra makes his
      > > pitch with that sweet, smiling, gentle face reminiscent of Ted
      > Bundy. Chopra's
      > > place is in Beverly Hills telling rich people what they want to
      > hear --- for
      > > money. And will Chopra read this, sneak in while I'm asleep and
      > beat me to
      > > death with $150 ayurvedic bars of soap in one of his Versace silk
      > stockings?
      >
      > Serena, Serena, Sererna...wow, that was a good one. thanks. This
      > part stuck out for me cause I've always had an aversion to the "Job"
      > thing, for as long as I can remember. I really don't like labels
      > much, but if I had to use one fo me, I think I'd say that I am a
      > Fool, that has an afinity for Love centered anarchism. Which loosly
      > means that I either say "fuck You" to the corporate cloning job
      > idea, or I just plain laugh at it.
      >
      > But then I had Kids.
      >
      > By the way, thanks for your vigilance over on the WC. And Welcome to
      > the good ship anthro-pop. Nice to have you on board.
      >
      > Mike

      Mike --

      I loved this article, too.

      Thanks for your warm welcome!  Keith is doing a good job on the WC;
      I admire his eveness and balance.  I'm afraid that I was often reduced
      to eye-popping astonishment at some of the WC contortions; this
      may have slipped into some of my messages.  Of course, fairness &
      balance rule on the WC -- who am I to complain? ;>)

      Serena
    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        > By the way, thanks for your vigilance over on the WC. And Welcome
        > > the good ship anthro-pop. Nice to have you on board.
        > >
        > > Mike
        >

        > Mike --
        >
        > I loved this article, too.
        >
        > Thanks for your warm welcome! Keith is doing a good job on the
        WC;
        > I admire his eveness and balance. I'm afraid that I was often
        reduced
        > to eye-popping astonishment at some of the WC contortions; this
        > may have slipped into some of my messages. Of course, fairness &
        > balance rule on the WC -- who am I to complain? ;>)

        Hummm. "Fair and Balanced"...You mean like Fox news? :) yeah, the wc
        is indeed fair and balanced in a similar way.

        I thought you did quite well. The "eye-popping astonishment" really
        got the best of me, the few times that I was on that list. Right or
        wrong, I was prone to throwing it back in their faces, big time. But
        I'm an asshole, that's what I do. I think it's cool that their are
        wrenches for all the nuts in the world, and that some people take
        the more calm approch. To each their own I guess.

        I'm not much of a scholar, or histroian, so I can't enter into the
        intellectual argument over the "textual analysis" with any real
        experience. My big problem with the WC cult is the lack of true
        empathy, that results in what smells, to me, like Moral
        decripitness, or nihilism, which is usually brewed in a fanitical
        secular humanist/anti-religious stew. The stench of the stew over
        there has overpowered the need for healthy critque of WE or RS, I
        think.

        all good things

        Mike

        > Serena
      • Brad Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
          The stench of the stew over
          > there (WC) has overpowered the need for healthy critque of WE or RS,
          > think.
          > all good things
          > Mike

          Excellent point. I had said a number of times on WC, If they could
          hold WC to constructive criticism, such as inexperienced teachers or
          taking Steiner too literally, fine. But, the combo of their own bad
          experience (at least half of which was their fault, imo), and the
          frivolous PLANS lawsuit with fundie funding, has created a malevolent
          hydra headed monster doing harm, not good. Spreading innuendos is the
          classic technique of small minds.
          Brad