Dan says "insiders know"

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
      Keith, quoting Dan:

      "That's a tired excuse. In some places Steiner is
      vague about race, but in others, like the quote
      from GA174b above, he makes it quite clear that
      "cultural epochs" in Anthroposophy meant the same
      thing as "races" in Theosophy--the words have
      been changed for public consumption, insiders
      know what they really mean."

      So, AT should have a fair selection of Anthroposophical "insiders."
      Shall we let the cat out of the bag and admit that cultural epochs are
      really code for races?

      I have a fair amount of difficulty with this one, historically
      speaking. The Indian epoch and the Persian epoch, might correspond in
      some way to particular racial groups, although I've never heard them
      described in that way. I just don't know much about these prehistoric
      periods.

      By the time you get to the Egypto-Chaldean, however, it is clear that
      multiple peoples and cultures are included (Semites, too). This
      becomes even more obvious in the Greco-Latin epoch, which was
      immensely, overwhelmingly, multi-cultural. The Greeks were not pure-
      blooded anything to begin with, since they were the result of multiple
      invasions of their "homeland." Then they proceeded, under Alexander,
      to conquer the whole eastern half of the known world, all the way to
      India. Alexander encouraged intermarriage, plus, soldiers being what
      they were then and still are, Greek culture and Greek descendents were
      scattered throughout the entire middle east. Next the Romans conquered
      the Mediterranean basin and half of Europe and encouraged everybody to
      mix it up. They imported black slaves, white slaves and every shade in
      between and I doubt very much if any of these folks had much choice
      about the "racial purity" of their descendents. This epoch continued
      until roughly 1400 and something and included all of Europe. During
      this time Europe was invaded from the south by the Muslims (conquered
      Spain and went into Southern France, also grabbed bits of Italy) and a
      bit later from the north by the Vikings. Exactly what racial group is
      the Greco-Latin epoch a "code" for? Any possibilities spring to mind?
      Oh yes, the Aryans...

      Nana
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 6:14 AM
        > Keith, quoting Dan:
        >
        > "That's a tired excuse. In some places Steiner is
        > vague about race, but in others, like the quote
        > from GA174b above, he makes it quite clear that
        > "cultural epochs" in Anthroposophy meant the same
        > thing as "races" in Theosophy--the words have
        > been changed for public consumption, insiders
        > know what they really mean."

        God this man is so full of shit. I mean its hard to
        read such ignorance and not wonder if what we are
        really dealing with is a hate group towards Waldorf. I
        mean this is saying that Anthroposohists are racist
        and that we adhere to a racist teachings. I mean he
        makes about as much sense as the Watchman Fellowship
        cult watch group that includes accupressure and
        accupuncture on their list of 'watch out for'. No
        wonder PLANS is connected with the Watchman group,
        they have the same fear baiting tactics going on. Whew
        man. I just can't believe that parents get caught up
        in this kind of doo doo with this man's ignorant
        rantings.

        Ughhh I'm sickened by his ignorance. Seriously.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 2:29 PM

          > Keith, quoting Dan:
          >
          > "That's a tired excuse. In some places Steiner is
          > vague about race, but in others, like the quote
          > from GA174b above, he makes it quite clear that
          > "cultural epochs" in Anthroposophy meant the same
          > thing as "races" in Theosophy--the words have
          > been changed for public consumption, insiders
          > know what they really mean."
          >
          > So, AT should have a fair selection of Anthroposophical "insiders."
          > Shall we let the cat out of the bag and admit that cultural epochs are
          > really code for races?

          > I have a fair amount of difficulty with this one, historically
          > speaking. The Indian epoch and the Persian epoch, might correspond in
          > some way to particular racial groups, although I've never heard them
          > described in that way. I just don't know much about these prehistoric
          > periods.
          >
          > By the time you get to the Egypto-Chaldean, however, it is clear that
          > multiple peoples and cultures are included (Semites, too). This
          > becomes even more obvious in the Greco-Latin epoch, which was
          > immensely, overwhelmingly, multi-cultural. The Greeks were not pure-
          > blooded anything to begin with, since they were the result of multiple
          > invasions of their "homeland." Then they proceeded, under Alexander,
          > to conquer the whole eastern half of the known world, all the way to
          > India. Alexander encouraged intermarriage, plus, soldiers being what
          > they were then and still are, Greek culture and Greek descendents were
          > scattered throughout the entire middle east. Next the Romans conquered
          > the Mediterranean basin and half of Europe and encouraged everybody to
          > mix it up. They imported black slaves, white slaves and every shade in
          > between and I doubt very much if any of these folks had much choice
          > about the "racial purity" of their descendents. This epoch continued
          > until roughly 1400 and something and included all of Europe. During
          > this time Europe was invaded from the south by the Muslims (conquered
          > Spain and went into Southern France, also grabbed bits of Italy) and a
          > bit later from the north by the Vikings. Exactly what racial group is
          > the Greco-Latin epoch a "code" for? Any possibilities spring to mind?
          > Oh yes, the Aryans...
          >
          > Nana

          Actually, Dan was half-right. The theosophists used the word races and when
          Steiner was with them he did as well. At some point he changed to cultural
          epochs. The reason the WCs are blowing in the wind is that cultural epochs
          is what the theosophists also meant, and it is simply a much better
          denomination of historical periods. This being the case, the word "races" in
          theosphical terminology has nothing to do with the more restricted - and
          modern - usage, as Nana shows above.
          Frank
        • Deborah
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 3:05 PM
            <franksmith@v...> wrote:

            > > Keith, quoting Dan:
            > >
            > > "That's a tired excuse. In some places Steiner is
            > > vague about race, but in others, like the quote
            > > from GA174b above, he makes it quite clear that
            > > "cultural epochs" in Anthroposophy meant the same
            > > thing as "races" in Theosophy--the words have
            > > been changed for public consumption, insiders
            > > know what they really mean."
            > >
            > Actually, Dan was half-right. The theosophists used the word races
            and when
            > Steiner was with them he did as well. At some point he changed to
            cultural
            > epochs. The reason the WCs are blowing in the wind is that
            cultural epochs
            > is what the theosophists also meant, and it is simply a much better
            > denomination of historical periods. This being the case, the
            word "races" in
            > theosphical terminology has nothing to do with the more
            restricted - and
            > modern - usage, as Nana shows above.
            > Frank

            Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I was aware of that, but was
            just responding to the silliness about public consumption. On one
            hand, Diana yells that your average waldorf school can't organize
            their way out of a paper bag, but on the other hand there is a
            subtle, complex long-running anthroposophical conspiracy to
            do...what? I must have missed something.

            Nana