The WC oxy-Moron

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      Well, I've been enjoying some needed vacation time
      with my family recently, so I've been out of the loop
      for a bit. When I checked in this morning, I noticed
      that Dottie had mentioned that the critics have been
      writing about me... I couldn't wait to read to gossip
      with my name in it, so I checked their list and lo and
      behold I have made a strong enough impression to get
      mentioned over there.

      Oh the vanity! (Anyone who can stand to read the stuff
      that I write must know that I am in complete accord
      with Ben Franklin, and his idea that vanity is a
      wonderful gift from God)

      So I politely call Dianna winters on her own "name
      calling" ability, and offer to look up the posts in
      which she calls me "names", and then I write a little
      blurb about who I am and why I think the way that I
      do:

      Soon there after, The newly elected (by me)WC
      oxy-Moron, writes the following on the WC list, in
      response to my post here on the AT:

      Read what Mike Helsher wrote this morning. Their
      attachment to Steiner is
      very personal. If you don't like Steiner you can't be
      his friend. And if you
      can't be his friend, he can call you any name he
      pleases. He's explained
      this to me several times. That's the way his world
      works and he's happy as a
      clam. I like to keep documents like that one and the
      one Dottie wrote a
      couple of weeks ago labeled "Steiner was a genius" I
      think; they are the
      very good documentation of the cult-level functioning
      of Steiner's devotees.

      It never ceases to amaze me, how some people open up
      their mouths, and stuff their own foot right in it. I
      also know from experience, that most people that
      suffer from severe neurosis, will often unwittingly
      diagnose themselves in cynical conversation about
      others. This be the case here, I think. Thus I'm
      copying this gem for further evidence of the WC
      oxy-Moron mindset.

      It is also a perfect example of how the WC dim-wits
      read Steiner, and make up a bent picture of what they
      want to see.

      form Webster:

      Main Entry: ox�y�mo�ron
      : something (as a concept) that is made up of
      contradictory or incongruous elements>

      Armadillo, guacamole. Now there's a good oxymoronical
      statement. Lets just say that if my post equals
      "armadillo," then Dianna has ingeniously derived
      "Guacamole" form it. Lets have a look:

      Dianna writes:

      "If you don't like Steiner you can't be his friend."

      Well, Perhaps I'm wrong when I say that the WC
      Oxy-Morons don't understand metaphorical meaning. I
      did not make that direct statement, but Dianna has
      derived as such.

      For the record, I do have a few friends that don't
      like Steiner, but they don't insist on slathering him
      with obsessive compulsive militant-ignorance.

      Dianna continues:

      "And if you can't be his friend, he can call you any
      name he pleases."

      I can call *anybody* any *name* that I please, and I
      sometimes do. So what. I choose not to adhere to
      social norms of politeness sometimes. So what. If my
      childish name calling bothers you, and causes you to
      write obsessive compulsive militant ignorance about
      me, then I think that says something about how you can
      say anything that you please as well.

      Again Dianna continues:

      "He's explained this to me several times. That's the
      way his world works and he's happy as a clam."

      I've tried to explain how I pulled my sick sorry ass
      out of the pit of hell - where most of my friends
      wound up dying horrible deaths, brain dead, or in jail
      - and made a life worth living for my self, with the
      help of twelve step groups, counselors, and many
      sincere friends that have found a spiritual solution
      to the problem of addiction.

      I've also tried to explain that I find much in
      Steiners work that is in accord with furthering my
      understanding of myself, the world around me, and the
      correlation between. His work also brings a living
      element to my own personal take on metaphorical
      meaning, and the idea that "wisdom is crystallized
      pain." So I seriously doubt that I am as " happy as a
      clam."

      I wrote about ideas like:

      "meaningful conversation."

      "The idea of vigilant self scrutiny"

      "...an understanding of what the steps actually mean"

      "...a knack for metaphorical understanding" and how...

      "...this would be described as a meeting with
      the double, or the Lesser Guardian of the threshold.

      "...increased awareness of my own personal self irony"

      "Which has required of me a necessity: to develop a
      sense of humor"

      "emotional relapses"

      And that I have stayed "clean though for 15 years
      now."

      And Dianna sluffs it all off with a few sentences that
      describe how my "world works" and lable me as a
      "steiner devotee" - so as to fulfill her neurotic need
      for obsessive compulsive destructive cynicism, aimed
      at Rudolf Steiner and Waldorf.

      Mike Helsher
      http://www.freewebs.com/thefishercat/ofcriticsandcynics.htm