the demise of the WC

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 196 , Mar 26 4:09 PM
      The WC seems to be choking for lack of air and increasing intolerance for
      pro-anthro arguments. I just browsed around on recent posts, especially
      curious about Serena's ad hominem suspension - you know, sit on the bench
      for a week and beg to come back with apologies and promises to behave and
      so on - and I may have missed something, because I can't seem to find a
      single "person, not subject" argument. Serena writes about how Diana and
      others evade questions and facts, how they treat the subjects raised, and
      she is left with the impression that talking about anthroposophical Jews is
      forbidden on the WC; only anthro-hating Jews are permissible subjects. What
      is allowed to write about and what isn't seems to be a very important topic
      on the WC, because they bring it up constantly. Plus what is an ad hominem
      and what isn't and whether or not the author of a post is earning a
      suspension or a warning. It's like they're all listening for a whistle to
      sound and a referee yelling "Strike Three! You're out!"

      One also gets the impression that everything we write about them here on
      the AT has become taboo also, because a year ago, they started threads like
      "Talking about us" as soon as we only mentioned them. But it looks like a
      lot of realities are becoming too hard to swallow, such as Jewish anthros -
      oh don't say 'Jewish anthros' it hurts, we'll suspend you for addressing
      the lurkers and the browsers if you do! Yep, that's what Serena was
      suspended for: addressing messages to the lurkers and browsers and bringing
      up Jewish anthros. How do you translate a rule like that into baseball,
      football, or hockey? Don't play for the fans or the cheerleaders, because
      if you do, it's an insult to your fellow players, especially the players on
      the opposite team. Someone please help me figure it out; I'm not into
      ballgames, and if I were, like playing ice hockey for instance, I'd love to
      get breaks through suspensions, because man that game can get tough even
      for a nasty fella like me.

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/
    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 196 of 196 , Apr 11, 2005
        At 15:43 11.04.2005, Pete wrote:

        >--- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Tarjei Straume wrote:
        > > At 07:13 11.04.2005, Pete wrote to Dottie:
        > >
        > > >I am correct in pointing out how you have tried to lump
        >Anthroposophical
        > > >medicine in with holistic medicine to make your point.
        >Anthroposophical
        > > >medicine may seem holistic to you, but holistic medicine is not
        > > >Anthroposophical medicine, neither is Reiki, neither is
        >accupuncture, or
        > > >chiropractic or other holistic medicines that ARE accepted
        > > >today. Anthroposophical medicine is, perhaps, trying to ride on the
        > > >coattails of other successful and accepted holistic approaches, but
        >it is
        > > >failing basically because it doesn't work.
        > >
        > > Anthroposophically extended medicine is practiced by trained, licenced
        > > physicians just like any other specialized medical field.
        >
        >Anthroposophically "extended" medicine? Sorry, I'm too close to this
        >topic to take what you say seriously. Peddle this on someone else Tarjei.

        Close to the topic? (forwarding to Dial-a-joke; this has to be a winner.)

        You're extremely ignorant and uninformed:

        http://www.paam.net/aem.htm

        http://www.anthroposophy.org.nz/Sections/Medical/AEM.htm

        http://www.artemisia.net/

        http://www.holistic-online.com/hol_miscellaneous.htm