A Single Shot

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      A Single Shot

      We were walkin down this street in Iraq,

      (From CNN you know where it's at),

      Hoe was leadin, tall and proud,

      When suddenly a shot rang out.

      A single shot and Hoe was down!

      We dragged him away through mud and mire

      With bullets splashin - a deadly fire.

      The 'tenant was down, for good, forever,

      Nothing we do can change that, ever.

      A friend, a leader, a good man gone,

      Never again to sleep till dawn.

      We cried, sure, but then we thought:

      What's the point of the death he bought?

      The answer came like a single shot:

      No point at all, it's an idiot's plot.

      And we, and you, and even Hoe

      Weren't smart enough to say no.