Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Ph.of Freedom - shamans journey

  • Michael Knaak
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005

      Wow, Your asking some huge questions. Going along for the ride is a
      bit different than driving ay? Sounds like something that I might try
      after living, studying, and practicing alone in the woods for a
      couple of months.

      Yes, I did that. I left central Europe to live here in Southern France, in the cathar country. You might have heard about it.  There have been some questions and observations about Mary Magdala on this list.
      Here, her story is well known and lives, sort of in the woods, the rocks - the elements.
      After hearing and studying so much - I came to this country here, on my own, just to find my own doorway to things.
      Right now, I have almost read the Ph.o.Freedom and I will immediately start to read it anew. Sort of trying to find the right path through it - although it's very much linked to thinking, I like to take it like in a kind of shamanistic way. For a shaman, in understand, it's this process of entering a whole and going for a journey finding your power animal etc.  So, what I'm interested in: where is this kind of whole within the Ph.o.Freedom. And as I mentioned it yesterday, I have the suspicion (is that english?) it's there, where you have to do something different with your thoughts, than what usually happens. That seems to be me an important moment, where one gains strength of overcome  ahrimanic thought patterns.
      So I was wondering, if there is anyone here - having done this journey already and could share some practical advice....

      Right now I'm in Florida trying to earn up some cold cash, so that I
      can go home to my family in Flagstaff AZ. and not have to worry about
      money for a while.
      It must be very cold out there - isn't it close to the Hopi etc country?
       Good day, to you
      michael
    • Michael Knaak
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005

        sorry Mike - just found out that whole is not hole - ....

        Wow, Your asking some huge questions. Going along for the ride is a
        bit different than driving ay? Sounds like something that I might try
        after living, studying, and practicing alone in the woods for a
        couple of months.

        Yes, I did that. I left central Europe to live here in Southern France, in the cathar country. You might have heard about it.  There have been some questions and observations about Mary Magdala on this list.
        Here, her story is well known and lives, sort of in the woods, the rocks - the elements.
        After hearing and studying so much - I came to this country here, on my own, just to find my own doorway to things.
        Right now, I have almost read the Ph.o.Freedom and I will immediately start to read it anew. Sort of trying to find the right path through it - although it's very much linked to thinking, I like to take it like in a kind of shamanistic way. For a shaman, in understand, it's this process of entering a hole and going for a journey finding your power animal etc.  So, what I'm interested in: where is this kind of .hole within the Ph.o.Freedom. And as I mentioned it yesterday, I have the suspicion (is that english?) it's there, where you have to do something different with your thoughts, than what usually happens. That seems to be me an important moment, where one gains strength of overcome  ahrimanic thought patterns.
        So I was wondering, if there is anyone here - having done this journey already and could share some practical advice....

        Right now I'm in Florida trying to earn up some cold cash, so that I
        can go home to my family in Flagstaff AZ. and not have to worry about
        money for a while.
        It must be very cold out there - isn't it close to the Hopi etc country?
         Good day, to you
        michael
      • elf
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
          For a shaman, in understand, it's this process of entering a whole
          and going for a journey finding your power animal etc. So, what I'm
          interested in: where is this kind of whole within the Ph.o.Freedom.
          And as I mentioned it yesterday, I have the suspicion (is that
          english?) it's there, where you have to do something different with
          your thoughts, than what usually happens. That seems to be me an
          important moment, where one gains strength of overcome ahrimanic
          thought patterns.
          > So I was wondering, if there is anyone here - having done this
          journey already and could share some practical advice....

          I'd like to telled hallo. You can call me Cimi if you like,
          pronounced Kee-mee. White Lunar World Bridger.

          I can telled you more things when time is giving me more and more.
          Can't got time to fly everysingle where right now.
          No.

          So I have to wait.
          Mine could be an eagle. It could be, its definately a bird. But
          also it might be the lammervanger. It doesn't eat lambs, it doesn't
          it loves marrow its best. And whats there to eat after marrows.
          Mmmm another thing the bushman telled is you can't suck the marrow
          from the bones in one sitting. It means you can't telled the
          stories of your life all in one go. Mmmm
          Now the eagle I telled this. Once there was another elf, before
          me. He died. He had to beed the wasp to take the seed to a new
          world so another Bushman woman could be borned fron the lily.
          MMmmm

          Love elf

          > Right now I'm in Florida trying to earn up some cold cash, so
          that I
          > can go home to my family in Flagstaff AZ. and not have to worry
          about
          > money for a while.
          > It must be very cold out there - isn't it close to the Hopi etc
          country?
          > Good day, to you
          > michael
        • elf
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
            Having thinked on this twice, wiv no judgements on I can telled that
            its the bearded vulture. He's mine. He's the one I fly on the back
            of. He's my bird friend.

            I can get a picture of him if you like.
            Ooooh he's very beautiful. He's got feathery legs like an eagle and
            a most beautiful face. Also feathers on. Not a long skinny bald
            neck to dig in to the pie.
            And I can tell you so many stories about him.

            Because I love him so much.

            Got to go.
            Think once
            Think twice
            then what

            > For a shaman, in understand, it's this process of entering a
            whole
            > and going for a journey finding your power animal etc. So, what
            I'm
            > interested in: where is this kind of whole within the
            Ph.o.Freedom.
            > And as I mentioned it yesterday, I have the suspicion (is that
            > english?) it's there, where you have to do something different
            with
            > your thoughts, than what usually happens. That seems to be me an
            > important moment, where one gains strength of overcome ahrimanic
            > thought patterns.
            > > So I was wondering, if there is anyone here - having done this
            > journey already and could share some practical advice....
            >
            > I'd like to telled hallo. You can call me Cimi if you like,
            > pronounced Kee-mee. White Lunar World Bridger.
            >
            > I can telled you more things when time is giving me more and more.
            > Can't got time to fly everysingle where right now.
            > No.
            >
            > So I have to wait.
            > Mine could be an eagle. It could be, its definately a bird. But
            > also it might be the lammervanger. It doesn't eat lambs, it
            doesn't
            > it loves marrow its best. And whats there to eat after marrows.
            > Mmmm another thing the bushman telled is you can't suck the marrow
            > from the bones in one sitting. It means you can't telled the
            > stories of your life all in one go. Mmmm
            > Now the eagle I telled this. Once there was another elf, before
            > me. He died. He had to beed the wasp to take the seed to a new
            > world so another Bushman woman could be borned fron the lily.
            > MMmmm
            >
            > Love elf

            > > Right now I'm in Florida trying to earn up some cold cash, so
            > that I
            > > can go home to my family in Flagstaff AZ. and not have to
            worry
            > about
            > > money for a while.
            > > It must be very cold out there - isn't it close to the Hopi
            etc
            > country?
            > > Good day, to you
            > > michael
          • elf
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
              Having thinked on this twice, wiv no judgements on I can telled that
              its the bearded vulture. He's mine. He's the one I fly on the back
              of. He's my bird friend.

              I can get a picture of him if you like.
              Ooooh he's very beautiful. He's got feathery legs like an eagle and
              a most beautiful face. Also feathers on. Not a long skinny bald
              neck to dig in to the pie.
              And I can tell you so many stories about him.

              Because I love him so much.

              Got to go.
              Think once
              Think twice
              then what

              > For a shaman, in understand, it's this process of entering a
              whole
              > and going for a journey finding your power animal etc. So, what
              I'm
              > interested in: where is this kind of whole within the
              Ph.o.Freedom.
              > And as I mentioned it yesterday, I have the suspicion (is that
              > english?) it's there, where you have to do something different
              with
              > your thoughts, than what usually happens. That seems to be me an
              > important moment, where one gains strength of overcome ahrimanic
              > thought patterns.
              > > So I was wondering, if there is anyone here - having done this
              > journey already and could share some practical advice....
              >
              > I'd like to telled hallo. You can call me Cimi if you like,
              > pronounced Kee-mee. White Lunar World Bridger.
              >
              > I can telled you more things when time is giving me more and more.
              > Can't got time to fly everysingle where right now.
              > No.
              >
              > So I have to wait.
              > Mine could be an eagle. It could be, its definately a bird. But
              > also it might be the lammervanger. It doesn't eat lambs, it
              doesn't
              > it loves marrow its best. And whats there to eat after marrows.
              > Mmmm another thing the bushman telled is you can't suck the marrow
              > from the bones in one sitting. It means you can't telled the
              > stories of your life all in one go. Mmmm
              > Now the eagle I telled this. Once there was another elf, before
              > me. He died. He had to beed the wasp to take the seed to a new
              > world so another Bushman woman could be borned fron the lily.
              > MMmmm
              >
              > Love elf

              > > Right now I'm in Florida trying to earn up some cold cash, so
              > that I
              > > can go home to my family in Flagstaff AZ. and not have to
              worry
              > about
              > > money for a while.
              > > It must be very cold out there - isn't it close to the Hopi
              etc
              > country?
              > > Good day, to you
              > > michael
            • elf
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                But I can't tell them now. I can't do a mystery now. No I have two
                jobs here on earth and when you doing a real mystery then you are
                livin in the land of shiny moons and time is not a here or there.

                Then thats when the dream state and the waking state are all one.

                But I can't do it now.
                Its not time.
                Elf who needs rest.
                Elf who needs more

                And the bearded vulture does lay two eggs but she isn't pecked to
                death..She is not a bird of prey.

                Mmmm Cimi is not my whole name, just one of my whole names.

                I am Cimi - the magical child

              • shireesatsing
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                  And a man said, "Speak to us of Self-Knowledge."

                  And he answered, saying:

                  Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.

                  But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge.

                  You would know in words that which you have always know in thought.

                  You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.

                  And it is well you should.

                  The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run
                  murmuring to the sea;

                  And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your
                  eyes.

                  But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;

                  And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding
                  line.

                  For self is a sea boundless and measureless.

                  Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a
                  truth."

                  Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have
                  met the soul walking upon my path."

                  For the soul walks upon all paths.

                  The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.

                  The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.

                  .
                • Mike helsher
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Knaak" <mi-
                    chael@w...> wrote:

> [...]

                    As Dottie always says...Whew!

                    There in might lie the eternal moment. Seems to me that ahrimanic
                    thought patterns are mostly lineal, where everything sort of adds up
                    in what looks like a logical fashion. I call them "logical
                    Phallicies" with which we usually depict some kind
                    of "charactoroligical disposition" for ourselves, if we are even
                    prone to thinking about such things. This is face to face with the
                    lesser guardian for me, and perhaps this idea of "doing something
                    different with your thoughts" for some, requires focused attention
                    on the transformation of this self created aspect of ourselves.
                    This requires effort and courage and above all reverence, which is
                    different kind of thinking for allot of us. My maya definately
                    varies form yours though. The marrige of Cana depicts Christ turning
                    water into wine. For me the wine has been slowly and painfully been
                    turned into water, and it took a bit more that just cash register
                    honesty to kick start this process. KHW blew my socks off cause it
                    really puts the spotlight where it belongs, I think. "The kingdom of
                    heaven is within you."

                    I know allot about my own ignorance and arrogance, and sometimes I
                    sling a bit of it in the faces of those that I suspect are coming
                    form a similar place in their own souls. Again - My maya.

                    I suspect that Harvey and Bradford and many others on this list
                    might have deeper insights and practical experience to share, but I
                    don't think that they would put it in the form of advice.

                    I am still trying to understand a post that harvey wrote last year
                    adn that I put up on my web site,

                    http://www.freewebs.com/thefishercat/

                    click on "heresy" at the top of the page or just scroll down. To me
                    this message really speaks to what I think your talking about.

                    I also wrote "the sea of Love" when thinking like I've never thought
                    before (sounds a bit like star trek ay?) that is at the end bottom
                    of the page. Wierd for me because I have never written anything like
                    that before.

                    > Right now I'm in Florida trying to earn up some cold cash, so
                    that I
                    > can go home to my family in Flagstaff AZ. and not have to worry
                    about
                    > money for a while.
                    > It must be very cold out there - isn't it close to the Hopi etc
                    country?
                    > Good day, to you
                    > michael

                    There are lots of reservations around Flagstaff, not sure if Hpoi is
                    one of them.

                    It does get cold there, but not like it did in New Hampshire. It
                    will snow sometimes but then the Sun will melt it all away. I think
                    there are about 300 on average sunny days a year out there and the
                    air is dry for the most part. Not like here in florida where the
                    humidity can be stifling at times.

                    The Grand Canyon is a couple of hours away, and then there is Sedona
                    about an hour south. Both always take my breath away. Flagstaff is
                    at 7000 feet elevation and I found it hard to breath till I got used
                    to it. Neat thing is that we can drive a couple hours south and
                    experience a 20 to 30 degree difference in warmth. So we're not as
                    trapped by the cold like we were in NH.

                    Speaking of Sedona: Before I came to FL about a month ago, one of
                    our wonderful list mates went there recently and came up to
                    Flagstaff to visit another member of this list and didn't even come
                    to visit me.... :( [sound of elbow in the side, and look of shit
                    eating grin on my face]

                    All the best

                    Mike
                  • Michael Knaak
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 2, 2005

                      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 10:15 PM
                      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Ph.of Freedom - shamans journey

                      There in might lie the eternal moment. Seems to me that ahrimanic
                      thought patterns are mostly lineal, where everything sort of adds up
                      in what looks like a logical fashion. I call them "logical
                      Phallicies" with which we usually depict some kind
                      of "charactoroligical disposition" for ourselves, if we are even
                      prone to thinking about such things. This is face to face with the
                      lesser guardian for me, and perhaps this idea of "doing something
                      different with your thoughts" for some, requires focused attention
                      on the transformation of this self created aspect of ourselves.
                      Hello Mike -  what I have noticed in re-reading the PhoF is, that Ahriman is attacked by the way, Steiner is guiding you through this "architecture". Although german is my mother tongue and I can read the original without problem, it's tough to follow every sentence - because it demands  constant focus - and  maybe that's an important element, to stop him interfering.
                      By a couple of elements, I found myself suddenly capable to a certain degree of transforming this self created aspect of ourselves.
                      This requires effort and courage and above all reverence, which is
                      different kind of thinking for allot of us.
                      Yesterday I finished the last chapters of PhoF and I just love it. My soul felt always related to certain warriors - but I never was able to bring the anthroposophical aspect and the warrior aspect together. For the first time, I realize, that PhoF incarnates the spiritual warrior. In deeper contemplation about thinking, feeling and willing - we learn, that willing rises up, enters the thoughts, I suppose transforms the old patterns, thus the spirit world can enter.
                      And again: here comes the "demand" that thinking about the thinking process opens a door.
                      Now I wonder, what that is. Obviously it's the door, Steiner could enter - and this is a process that everyone could do today, doesn't need a special initiation.... - but if I look around, reading books by anthroposophical authors, talking to "well educated" anthroposophists, they usually answer me in a way, which I identify as everyday thinking that adds spiritual information to it.
                      But is that, what Steiner talks about? Or is this a problem, that stops the unfolding of the being Sophia/Michael (etc) ?

                      My maya definately
                      varies form yours though.
                      What do you mean by -maya-?
                      ......"The kingdom of heaven is within you."  : that is the meassage of the PhoFreedom.

                      I know allot about my own ignorance and arrogance, and sometimes I
                      sling a bit of it in the faces of those that I suspect are coming
                      form a similar place in their own souls. Again - My maya.

                      I suspect that Harvey and Bradford and many others on this list
                      might have deeper insights and practical experience to share, but I
                      don't think that they would put it in the form of advice.
                      I'll watch out ....

                      I am still trying to understand a post that harvey wrote last year
                      adn that I put up on my web site,

                      http://www.freewebs.com/thefishercat/

                      click on "heresy" at the top of the page or just scroll down. To me
                      this message really speaks to what I think your talking about.
                      Thank you - I will do that as soon as possible.

                      Heard a lot about Sedona - and Grand Canyon must be sacred too.
                      I visited the Black Hills SD - that's the only region I know in the US.
                      Did you just use drugs "for fun" ( I read some of your other e-mail) or did you work with it?
                      mmmm we've got 300 and more sunny days, too.
                      michael

                    • Mike helsher
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 2, 2005
                        chael@w...> wrote:

                        > Hello Mike - what I have noticed in re-reading the PhoF is,
                        that Ahriman is attacked by the way, Steiner is guiding you through
                        this "architecture". Although german is my mother tongue and I can
                        read the original without problem, it's tough to follow every
                        sentence - because it demands constant focus - and maybe that's an
                        important element, to stop him interfering.

                        I think so. Every time that I read through the POF I sense a
                        different kind of thinking being nurtured in me. The demands on my
                        focus and attention are high. I think that thhinking "with the power
                        of love, in spiritual form" is definately a hinderance to the normal
                        ahrimanic thinking.

                        You know, I am really considering learning how to read German, so
                        that I can ponder Steiner in hsi native language.

                        > By a couple of elements, I found myself suddenly capable to a
                        certain degree of transforming this self created aspect of ourselves.

                        > This requires effort and courage and above all reverence, which
                        is
                        > different kind of thinking for allot of us.

                        Yesterday I finished the last chapters of PhoF and I just love it.
                        My soul felt always related to certain warriors - but I never was
                        able to bring the anthroposophical aspect and the warrior aspect
                        together. For the first time, I realize, that PhoF incarnates the
                        spiritual warrior. In deeper contemplation about thinking, feeling
                        and willing - we learn, that willing rises up, enters the thoughts,
                        I suppose transforms the old patterns, thus the spirit world can
                        enter.
                        > And again: here comes the "demand" that thinking about the
                        thinking process opens a door.
                        > Now I wonder, what that is. Obviously it's the door, Steiner
                        could enter - and this is a process that everyone could do today,
                        doesn't need a special initiation.... - but if I look around,
                        reading books by anthroposophical authors, talking to "well
                        educated" anthroposophists, they usually answer me in a way, which I
                        identify as everyday thinking that adds spiritual information to it.
                        > But is that, what Steiner talks about? Or is this a problem,
                        that stops the unfolding of the being Sophia/Michael (etc) ?

                        I often wonder about patience. And vigilance. I have faith in the
                        idea that with the right attitude and effort, that we will all find
                        what it is that we are looking for - when we least expect it.

                        > My maya definately
                        > varies form yours though.

                        > What do you mean by -maya-?

                        My personal biographical illusions about reality.

                        >> ......"The kingdom of heaven is within you." :

                        >that is the meassage of the PhoFreedom.

                        I agree. I've also heard that the POF is in a sense a re-writing
                        of "the Gospel of St. John."

                        > Did you just use drugs "for fun" ( I read some of your other e-
                        mail) or did you work with it?

                        Well, I'm certianly working with in now, in that I have a rich bed
                        of tilled soil from which to grow from. And no I wouldn't say that I
                        used drugs for fun. I mostly used them to escape pain.

                        > mmmm we've got 300 and more sunny days, too.
                        > michael

                        Sound like a nice place that your in. I forgot to comment on you
                        saying that the Magdalene was in the soil, so to speak. I've heard
                        lots of stuff like that about sedona too.

                        all the best

                        Mike
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 3, 2005

                          You know, I am really considering learning how to read German, so
                          that I can ponder Steiner in hsi native language.
                          Good luck - it's pretty difficult. But for understanding Steiners teaching it might be worthwhile. Sometimes its hard for me to understand, how Steiners german can be translated. He often uses phrases which we wouldn't use like that today - but I'll guess, that's where spiritual thinking enters the language.

                          This may surprise some people, but imo a good translation is easier to understand that Steiner's original, because the translator will avoid archaic words and expressions and do his/her best to make Steiner's sometimes tortuously long and convoluted sentences clear. Speaking of PhoF, Michael Wilson's translation is a good example of this where, just as an example, he uses "mental picture" for "Vorstellung", instead of the literal "representation".
                          Frank
                        • Michael Knaak
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 3, 2005

                            I think so. Every time that I read through the POF I sense a
                            different kind of thinking being nurtured in me. The demands on my
                            focus and attention are high. I think that thhinking "with the power
                            of love, in spiritual form" is definately a hinderance to the normal
                            ahrimanic thinking.
                            Isn't that great! I will re-read the POF in order to find a shorter way through it. As far as I remember, Steiner told students at the time, that the POF could/should be rewritten some decades later. Would be wonderful to concentrate the text to a kind of contemplation.

                            You know, I am really considering learning how to read German, so
                            that I can ponder Steiner in hsi native language.
                            Good luck - it's pretty difficult. But for understanding Steiners teaching it might be worthwhile. Sometimes its hard for me to understand, how Steiners german can be translated. He often uses phrases which we wouldn't use like that today - but I'll guess, that's where spiritual thinking enters the language.

                            I often wonder about patience. And vigilance. I have faith in the
                            idea that with the right attitude and effort, that we will all find
                            what it is that we are looking for - when we least expect it.

                            You're right. - This morning I tried it again. Took a word (Begriff) from a meditation and then I just activated my will in order to "travel" with the word. Were would it take me? So I experienced a lot of light, light-structure - but nothing I could understand in terms of words .... just mighty feelings.

                            >   My maya definately
                            >   varies form yours though.

                            >   What do you mean by -maya-?

                            My personal biographical illusions about reality.
                            Isn't that part of your own "program", your own wish to go through all of this, in order to gain strength? Would it thus be maya?

                            I agree. I've also heard that the POF is in a sense a re-writing
                            of "the Gospel of St. John."
                            Wow - could you give me a hint, were I could find some more background.
                            Last night I "found out", that spiritual thinking still is alive until puberty, sort of kind of a present from pre-earthly live. Thus education would be so important - that this element isn't killed, destroyed....

                            Well, I'm certianly working with in now, in that I have a rich bed
                            of tilled soil from which to grow from. And no I wouldn't say that I
                            used drugs for fun. I mostly used them to escape pain.
                            I thought, you might be involved with Don Juans teachings.

                            >   mmmm we've got 300 and more sunny days, too.
                            >   michael

                            Sound like a nice place that your in.
                            The Pyrenees (westwards they reach out to Santiago di Compostella)  have been spiritual "clean" for a long time. Thus the etheric is very rich and often unspoiled.

                             I've heard
                            lots of stuff like that about sedona too.
                            Sedona initiation would take you through all the chakras, isn't it?

                            all the best
                            michael