Election Outcomes

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Unexpected (truly unexpected!)outcome: the Irish twit on this list
      became a supporter of the U.S. military intervention in Iraq...he
      saw a bit of video tape...people lining up to vote...cringing at the
      sound of gunfire...but staying on line...and those rather ordinary
      folks manning the polling stations...even if this enterprise
      eventually goes to absolute shit...I'll say it was worth it.

      Predictable outcome: The surrounding Arab States will begin
      thinking about beefing up their internal security forces...looking
      more toward the potential danger posed by their own people.

      Likely outcomes :)...NOW will publish photos showing women forced to
      vote at gunpoint...an increased use of anti-depressants by the
      members of the NY Times Editorial board...crowing at Fox news...a
      periodic smug look on the Texan's face....and so on

      Unlikely outcome: A truly even-handed editorial at the Southern
      Cross Review...wait, wait...that's a joke, Senor Smith...go ahead, I
      really believe you can do it.