Re: The fig tree--a correction

  • Steve Haag
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
      <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

      > Reach into your soul and pull up the stunning things that thinking
      solidly can trace. So solidly that Spiritual Science confirms
      religion in that it stands on Science, penetrates outmoded social
      forms, answers powerful issues and even explores new territory.
      Spiritual Science thinking, fleshes out Grail theories, makes
      religion as concrete as Science and belief no longer merely some
      abstract enjoyment of what "Excalibur" was trying to say.

      Bradford,

      Werner Erhard said "It's all about enrollment". I think you're doing
      some good enrolling there.

      SteveD
    • deborah byron
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi Steve--I don't know much about Emil Bock, whether he was advanced
        enough to read the akashic record himself or wrote mostly out of
        confidence in Steiner's first hand knowledge. What I can say is that for
        me his work radiates a lively colorful warmth that helps me get into a
        certain mood where I understand things more deeply. Its like then I can
        remember things I already damned well know but have forgotten. Maybe its
        part of the blessing of the Holy Nights, when the veil thins out.

        So its not that I read Bock like its something external I'm having to
        learn but more like Proust's cookie. I guess you either have this
        experience or you don't but it ain't just book learnin' or sitting at the
        feet of the master. You really can find the image-flow.

        Now I need to get outside and stir the 3 Kings preps for my elementals.

        Deborah
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 1, 2005
          NO we are not and
          put away egotism and embrace wonder and awe at how marvelous the
          structure of reality is. Have some common sense in the School of
          Spiritual Science and the School of Life. Locate where we are
          accurately and stop thinking we are about to be awakened by Sophia
          when we have not awakened ourselves yet.

          Dear Bradford, good post. On the point above:) I would like to say
          some of us are just getting to know Sophia, some of us are being
          courted, and some of us are getting engaged. And it looks to be a
          very long engagement process. So, just asking for you to note that
          there are different stages to the final awakening and we are all in
          the process.

          And I would like to see if you have any posts regarding the 'naked
          child' in Mark, available for a reposting of sorts. I have some
          thoughts that are upon me from this book The Wedding of Sophia. I
          tell you Bradford, this is a good book for the Michael students who
          have done intensive study on alchemy or at least the progression of
          Sophia and what that looks like.

          Inspiriations:

          1) when looking upon the pictures showing two Marys, one at the feet
          and one at the head, do we consider the heavenly and earthly Sophia
          and what their substances are now that a 'divine child of man' has
          been born.

          2) The lily as the thing being birthed has to do with Sophia.

          3) The idea that, each of us are an unrealized aspect of God, that
          when it is finally lifted up or awakened, and connects with Sophia,
          we are reuniting God with Itself. And this that is born is called the
          filius, which I am wondering if it is that 'naked child' fleeing the
          scene.

          4) The naked child, god realized, can have no part in death, now that
          it has been born. And the Christ and Sophia have to die in this for
          it to be transformed into God here on Earth. Well, I can't really get
          it down but this book is amazing in its inspirations I think. With
          the Doctors work down, one can really find something of what is being
          spoken by this author.

          5) The Magdalene seems to be the only one cleansed to the point of
          being able to participate in the 'birth' of this 'divine child of
          man' And we can see that in all the passages relating to her. And at
          the end of John we see she is the only able to see the Christ. I mean
          he specifically appears to her. One would have to ask why that is.

          6) In alchemical terms she is the only one to have the 'seven
          planets' brought to a further understanding which would also include
          those below, represented as chakras. She is the only one so
          represented, Bradford, thus.

          Happy New Year,
          Dottie

          p.s. I appreciated your writings on the fig the other day. That was
          really amazing. I love that I can look to you about these scientific
          issues pertaining to nature. They are quite insightful.
        • holderlin66
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
            holderlin wrote:

            "And for this, the Gods intersected with humanity
            brought their own Epiphany to us."

            ... "Just as the force contained in the seed of every plant is
            bound up with the physical forces of the earth, so is the inmost
            being of the human soul bound up with the spiritual forces of the
            earth. And just as the seed of the plant sinks into the depths of
            the earth at the time we know as Christmas, so does the soul of man
            descend at that time into deep, deep spirit-realms, drawing strength
            from these depths as does the seed of the plant for its blossoming
            in spring. What the soul undergoes in these spirit-depths of the
            earth is entirely hidden from the ordinary consciousness. But for
            one whose spiritual eyes are opened the Thirteen Days and Thirteen
            Nights between the 24th of December and the 6th of January are a
            time of deep spiritual experience.

            Parallel with the experience of the plant-seed in the depths of the
            natural earth, there is a spiritual experience in the earth's spirit-
            depths — verily a parallel experience. And the seer for whom this
            experience is possible either as the result of training or through
            inherited clairvoyant faculties, can feel himself penetrating into
            these spiritual depths. During this period of the Thirteen Days and
            Nights, the seer can behold what must come upon man because he has
            passed through incarnations which have been under the influence of
            the forces of Lucifer since the beginning of earthly evolution. The
            sufferings that man must endure in the spiritual world because
            Lucifer has been at his side since he began to incarnate on the
            earth — the dearest vision of all this is presented in the mighty
            Imaginations which can come before the soul during the Thirteen Days
            and Nights between the Christmas Festival and the Festival of the
            6th of January, the Epiphany. At the time when the seed of the plant
            is passing through its most crucial period in the depths below, the
            human soul is passing through its deepest experiences. The soul
            gazes at a vista of all that man must experience in the spiritual
            worlds because, under Lucifer's influence, he alienated himself from
            the Powers by whom the world was created. This vision is clearest to
            the soul during these Thirteen Days and Nights. Hence there is no
            better preparation for the revelation of that Imagination which may
            be called the Christ Imagination, and which makes us aware that by
            gaining the victory over Lucifer, Christ Himself becomes the Judge
            of the deeds of men during the incarnations affected by Lucifer's
            influence. The soul of the seer lives on from the festival of Jesus'
            birth to that of the Epiphany in such a way that the Christ Mystery
            is revealed. It is during these Thirteen Holy Days and Nights that
            the soul can grasp most deeply of all the import and meaning of the
            Baptism by John in the Jordan.

            It is remarkable that during the centuries of Christendom, wherever
            powers of spiritual sight developed in the right way, it was known
            to seers that vision penetrated most deeply during the period of the
            Thirteen Holy Nights at the time of the winter solstice. Many a
            seer — either schooled in the mysteries of the modern age or
            possessing inherited powers of clairvoyance — makes it evident to us
            that at the darkest point of the winter solstice the soul can have a
            vision of all that man must undergo because of his alienation from
            the Christ Spirit, how adjustment and catharsis were made possible
            through the Mystery enacted in the Baptism by John in the Jordan and
            then through the Mystery of Golgotha, and how the visions during the
            Thirteen Nights are crowned on the 6th of January by the Christ
            Imagination. Thus it is correct to name the 6th of January as the
            day of Christ's birth and these Thirteen Nights as the time during
            which the powers of seership in the human soul discern and perceive
            what man must undergo through his life in the incarnations from Adam
            and Eve to the Mystery of Golgotha.

            During my visit to Christiania last year, it was interesting to me
            to find the thought which in rather different words has been
            expressed in so many lectures on the Christ Mystery, embodied in a
            beautiful saga known as `The Dream Legend.' Strange to say, it has
            come to the fore in Norway during the last ten to fifteen years and
            has become familiar to the people, although its origin is, of
            course, very much earlier. It is the legend which in a wonderfully
            beautiful way relates how Olaf Asteson is initiated, as it were by
            natural forces, in that he falls asleep on Christmas Eve, sleeps
            through the Thirteen Days and Nights until the 6th of January, and
            lives through all the terrors which the human being must experience
            through the incarnations from the earth's beginning until the
            Mystery of Golgotha. And it relates how when the 6th of January has
            come, Olaf Asteson has the vision of the intervention of the Christ
            Spirit in humanity, the Michael-Spirit being His forerunner. I hope
            that on some other occasion we shall be able to present this poem in
            its entirety, for then you will realise that consciousness of vision
            during the Thirteen Days and Nights survives even to-day, and is in
            fact being revivified. A few characteristic lines only will now be
            quoted. The poem begins:

            Come listen to me and hear my song
            The song of a wonderful youth,
            I'll sing you of Olaf Asteson
            Who slept many days — 'tis the truth.

            'Twas Christmas Eve when down he lay
            And slept so long all unknowing,
            He never woke till the thirteenth day
            When to Church the people were going.
            Yes, it was Olaf Asteson
            Who lay so long a-sleeping.

            (Translated from a German version
            of The Dream Legend, by E.C.M.)

            And so the poem goes on, relating how in his dream during the
            Thirteen Days and Nights, Olaf Asteson is led through all that man
            must experience on account of Lucifer's temptation. A vivid picture
            is given of Olaf Asteson's journey through the spheres where human
            beings have the experiences so often described in connection with
            Kamaloca, and of how the Christ Spirit, preceded by Michael, streams
            into this vision.

            Thus with the coming of Christ in the Spirit, it will become more
            and more possible for men to know how the spiritual forces weave and
            hold sway and that the festivals have not been instituted by
            arbitrary opinions but by the cosmic wisdom which so often lies
            beyond the reach of men's consciousness, yet works and reigns
            throughout history. This cosmic wisdom has placed the festival of
            the birth of Jesus at the beginning of the Thirteen Days. While the
            Easter Festival can always be a reminder that contemplation of the
            cosmic worlds will help us to find within ourselves the strength to
            conquer all that is lower, the Christmas thought — if we understand
            the festival which commemorates man's divine origin and the symbol
            before us on Christmas Day in the form of the Jesus Child — says to
            us ever and again that the powers which bring peace to the soul can
            be found within ourselves. True peace of soul is present only when
            that peace has sure foundations, that is to say, when it is a force
            enabling man to know: In you lives something which, if truly brought
            to birth, can, nay must, lead you to divine heights, to divine
            Powers..."
          • Steve Haag
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
              Bradford,

              Quite a contrast between your 11006 post and this 11015 post. An
              entirely different feel between the two.

              SteveD
            • Jennifer
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                Where is it written (stated), and by whom, that Christ ever cursed a
                fig tree?

                Thanks,
                Jennifer

                Steve Haag wrote:

                > ... wonder if Jesus actually did this cursing,
                > or is this more about unknown authors putting
                > words in Jesus's mouth to fit their own agendas.
              • holderlin66
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 2, 2005
                  Steve Haag wrote:

                  "Quite a contrast between your 11006 post and this 11015 post. An
                  entirely different feel between the two."

                  Ah but which one was Dr. Steiner and not B.???
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                    Deborah wrote:

                    > The fig tree was sacred to a spiritual group making its home in the small
                    > settlement of Bethphage situated between Jerusalem and the Mt. of Olives.
                    > This small order cultivated a supersensible vision called 'sitting under
                    > the fig tree'.
                    (snip)
                    The Buddhist "bodhi (sp?) tree under which the Buddha reached enlightenment
                    was also, by tradition I think, a fig tree. The fig is the only fruit which
                    has its flower inside itself - perhaps there lies the symbolism.
                    Frank
                  • yogidahl2000
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer"
                      <write3chairs@y...> wrote:

                      > Where is it written (stated), and by whom, that Christ ever cursed
                      > fig tree?
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Jennifer

                      Hi Jennifer!
                      It's here,The Gospel of St.Matthew,Chapter 21:

                      18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

                      19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and
                      found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no
                      fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree
                      withered away.

                      Well,Joseph Beuys,the artist,he used to say
                      "Man braucht nicht hungrig sein"
                      (one need not be hungry)
                      ?????????????
                      Vibes,
                      Flemming
                    • holderlin66
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                        Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

                        "Buddhist "bodhi (sp?) tree under which the Buddha reached
                        enlightenment was also, by tradition I think, a fig tree. The fig is
                        the only fruit which has its flower inside itself - perhaps there
                        lies the symbolism."
                        Frank

                        Frank;

                        Look, I would like to jump for joy here. Brief that you are, in
                        briefs that you wear I'm sure your a hot ole daddy. But I either
                        gotta say, well, I should be thankful that he even gave that much
                        attention, he gave a fig, since, after all his dial up connection
                        can only stand the strain of short shrift flirtations...but here is
                        something that could be opened wider than the skirts you chase.

                        Of course you might have to go towards the upper region of
                        tintillation, The Thousand Petal Lotus to really get a big hard on.
                        I certainly would like to see this opened up wider than a high hem
                        line. What is it with you? Other peoples shit piles are just too
                        strong a smell and what; you take a sniff and go somewhere where the
                        sex is cheaper. I need you to be equally horney for heaven, or coo-
                        coo for coco-puffs.

                        Here is partial on this. "Until we Have Faces" by C.S. Lewis, is
                        until we can recognize each other's intuitions with the same
                        interest that we show for sex we are but poor guests on Goethe's
                        dull sod. I mean if someone has a neat and interesting, hopefully
                        solid intuition, there is a new form of interesting scent and sex;
                        and following the shape of a thought and illuminating it until it
                        reveals a Face... We might find the Christ facing us from every
                        aspect of thought. Or we might find Sophia and Anthrosophia flirting
                        with us. But at least skirt chase thoughts as much as you skirt
                        chase Gaelman's kilts.

                        Until we can give some interest, in however you care to express it,
                        interest in the region, where...look you, Frank grabbed the idea of
                        flowers on the inside, pollination from within. Has this a real,
                        esoteric and biological relation to interior thought and
                        Consciousness Soul development that Zarathustra had already forged
                        ahead on? OH, and dare anyone, particularly Joel and Stephen, dare
                        any of you doubt that Steiner could have produced his own Esoteric
                        children out of himself as Zarathustra did? Go ahead make my day!

                        Which takes me to such a stunning, stunning relation to the
                        universal double domed, double pregnancy, womb of worlds that the
                        1st Goetheanum was, that housed the model for Thinking in the
                        Spirit; Spirit Navigation; and Science of humanity developing new
                        foundations for failed common sense. Steiner produced, not for
                        himself, but for all humanity a model so that this child, his child
                        or the Spirit World's; Humanities Earthly Child could be touched in
                        the Seven different woods, seen in the Cupola, heard in the
                        Word...music, poetry, Eurythmy and Mystery Dramas... So that all of
                        humanity would understand be able to approach Her...HER in any
                        season of mating, and from any point on the planet or any point on
                        the globe. Was this inside the Pollination picturing of the real
                        reason that it ain't the old Lotus position. Hell if Steiner sat in
                        the Lotus position and worked on himself the way Buddha and
                        Zarathustra did, his own little blossoms would have popped. But he
                        brought right down to the social world, the revelation of the
                        interior Domes and the Pollination of Worlds.

                        Oh, I admit differences in Italian and American etheric forces, in
                        NOrwegian and French, in Brits and people from L.A....I admit the
                        differences but what in heaven's name, not referring to you Frank,
                        what in heaven's name do you think Steiner could have done for
                        himself if he had put the energy into his own little development?

                        But thanks are in order, and I suppose Frank would have preferred
                        the thanx and not the ramble, but fuugggettaboutit. You make your
                        tiny tweeks, and in those tiny tweeks we have interested people who
                        would certainly like to see at least one of your 'hot' oh so 'hot
                        thoughts developed to the point of erection. You are allowed to have
                        some Viagra with those Steiner insights you know. If you want to say
                        I am jealous and feeling that you just don't flirt enough with
                        me...well grab yourself a handful Frank. I would like to see how you
                        light the skies once in a while, I like to see real sunset colors,
                        thoughts in living color, instead of such little meagre mouse
                        mouthfuls. Come on Franky open that big yammer, I know you got a
                        spoonful of goodness in there.
                      • Jennifer
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 3, 2005
                          Thank you, Flemming. Baffling, to say the least. Seems out of
                          character for one so esteemed, too.

                          Peace and Vibes,
                          Jennifer

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 5, 2005
                            Bradford wrote, among many other thngs:

                            > But thanks are in order, and I suppose Frank would have preferred
                            > the thanx and not the ramble, but fuugggettaboutit. You make your
                            > tiny tweeks, and in those tiny tweeks we have interested people who
                            > would certainly like to see at least one of your 'hot' oh so 'hot
                            > thoughts developed to the point of erection. You are allowed to have
                            > some Viagra with those Steiner insights you know. If you want to say
                            > I am jealous and feeling that you just don't flirt enough with
                            > me...well grab yourself a handful Frank. I would like to see how you
                            > light the skies once in a while, I like to see real sunset colors,
                            > thoughts in living color, instead of such little meagre mouse
                            > mouthfuls. Come on Franky open that big yammer, I know you got a
                            > spoonful of goodness in there.

                            Well, let me see if I got your point. Are you saying that viagra is better
                            than figs?