Re: fairy tales

  • Steve Haag
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2005
      Satisfying message, Grisy. Now what became of your brother?

      SteveD

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Griselda Andersen
      <hatscaps66@y...> wrote:
      > Know what? One of the funny ways my parents found to
      > try to accomodate the increasing differences in their
      > marriage was to "divide" their philosophies as to our
      > upbringing. Basically at some point it went dad/boy,
      > mom/girl. So every evening my dad would go say Our
      > Father with my older brother while my mom would read
      > me a fairy tale. When you're a child some things speak
      > to you naturally, others don't, no matter how much
      > they are forced on you. Fairy tales were naturally
      > compelling to me. It was so easy to get in and stay
      > completely immersed in that universe, even during the
      > day. I even saw a gnome once. Serious!!It was yellow
      > and very tiny, under a plant.
      > Fairy tales to me are also a pretty accurate guide
      > when it comes to navigating life. I totally operate on
      > a fairy tale mode, you know. The underlying truths.
      > Like, help the fish today and tomorrow they'll be back
      > to get that ring that fell into the pond; don't be
      > haughty or mean or you'll end inside a barrel lined
      > with pins rolling down the hill; wishes do come true
      > so be careful or a sausage may get attached to your
      > nose; there is such a thing as good and evil; if you
      > meet a perverse witch/bitch dump her into the oven etc
      > etc etc. Some joy, some pain, some magic, not always a
      > happy ending. See, just like life.
      > Cheers,
      > Griselda

      > http://my.yahoo.com
    • Griselda Andersen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- Steve Haag < > wrote:

        > Satisfying message, Grisy. Now what became of your
        > brother?

        It's funny, Steve, but in the end we turned out pretty
        much alike as far as the basic stuff is concerned.
        Cheers,
        Griselda

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Steve Haag
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2005
          <hatscaps66@y...> wrote:

          > in the end we turned out pretty
          > much alike as far as the basic stuff is concerned.

          Griselda,

          So the image I'm getting is that you can pour all kinds of stuff over
          a permeable membrane, but only certain stuff gets through. And you
          and your brother are similarly permeable?

          Steve
        • Griselda Andersen
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2005
            --- Steve Haag < > wrote:

            > So the image I'm getting is that you can pour all
            > kinds of stuff over
            > a permeable membrane, but only certain stuff gets
            > through. And you
            > and your brother are similarly permeable?

            Hi Steve,
            It's true that he was less into books and fairy tales
            than I was, but it isn't as if he was totally
            uninterested. As for me, at about 10 yo I found and
            glued a copy of St. Francis prayer on the wall by my
            bed and would read it every night before sleep. So we
            each in our own way got a little of everything that
            was going on really. I think.
            Cheers,
            Griselda

            http://mail.yahoo.com