Self involved

  • Steve Haag
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 1, 2005
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
      <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

      > phases and developmental
      selfishness, and self interest prevent people from tackling the
      difficult issues of Materialism and viewing the discussion with
      fresh eyes. Most people give a rats ass about the stunning
      Materialistic World View we are submerged in. Mainly because they
      are self involved and care little but what comes and strokes their
      little emotional pussy.

      Bradford,

      On the one hand, it sounds like you say people can't help but be
      where they are on their ladder/path of phases and development. On the
      other hand, you look to have a bit of sneer as though they could and
      should know better.

      Which be it?

      SteveD
    • Steve Haag
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "simonedi2"
        <simonedim@e...> wrote:

        > all unanimity is stupid

        I think we're getting close to the perfect bumper sticker! Gosh, that
        speaks volumes!

        Then is it true that some unanimity is wisdom?

        SteveD
      • yogidahl2000
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 1, 2005
          I can't help wonder, just for 'the laugh of it', what would
          happen when, for example, two clowns agree, or two priests disagree
          on something.
          Would Tibetans have an answer to this (pertinent) inquiry?

          Hi Simone!
          yes,yes – the 2 Clowns would get an extra cup of Yak Butter Tea
          every day
          The 2 Priests would be sent to Bhutan!

          Apart from that:Ah,it might be true,perhaps Democritus was not
          really a Gentleman,if so one can understand him,it seems they never
          offered him the Nobel Prize,like some Henri Bergson – Some people
          get lucky,just think of it,Bergson had all the Duration of Time to
          ponder Duration and Time- What a lucky man he was! (and what a
          Sister he had,a modern ISIS)
          Happy 2005 to You!!
          Vibes,
          Flemming

          <simonedim@e...> wrote:

          > Hello Flemming,
          >
          > Nice to meet you.
          > Absolutely, there's nothing to be excused and your opinion is
          > welcome.
          > Thanks for your appreciation.
          > I don't know if we could call Democritus a Gentleman, considering
          > the modern meaning of this word. ;o)
          > But anyway, gentleman or not, it's a pleasure share the company
          > of his wisdom and find out more about this (almost) forgotten
          > philosopher.
          >
          > Your Tibetan saying is very funny.
          >
          > I partially agree with the first part of it, since I believe
          that ,
          > by principle, all unanimity is stupid.
          >
          > As for Saints needing to agree on everything to be Saints…well,
          > let's say that Saints are also entitled to hold on their personal
          > opinions; especially if we understand that there're many truths
          > and not only one.
          > If you agree, one of us is not a philosopher!
          > (Or better, I'd say, none of us. (lol))
          >
          > I can't help wonder, just for 'the laugh of it', what would
          > happen when, for example, two clowns agree, or two priests
          disagree
          > on something.
          > Would Tibetans have an answer to this (pertinent) inquiry?
          >
          > Wising you a happy 2005.
          >
          > Cyb hugs,
          > Simone.
        • simone dimeglio
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005

            Hello Steven,

            Sorry for my delay on answering, my time has been short.

            "Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they will never

            cease to be amused"

            Agreed. My guess is that amusement stands as one of the foundations

            stones of life manifesting. That and pathos. And they are rather

            strange brothers, side by side.

            "The best for men is to take life with the maximum of joy and the

            minimum of annoyances"

            And yet, annoyance is another of those foundation stones that prods

            us to laughter where we find satisfying feelings of release, even

            while on the road to meaningful correctives.

            -->Yeap, amusement and suffering, yet contraries can co-exist ('side by side'), tough one is sensed more intensively and that's how we define our humor at a given moment.

            I'd say annoyance is a kind of suffering.

            Why did his books perish and his reputation had to be denigrated?

            What did Democritus knew that couldn't be spread and had to be

            destroyed to prevent its divulgation?

            What are Democritus' 'secrets'?

            I have a guess that the universe likes to play to the serious side,

            not be taken too lightly. Too much light spoils deep drama, deep

            pathos. Too much making light disturbs the actors on their stage,

            makes them forget their lines, takes them out of their concentration.

            Some humor is good, yes. But keep it in bounds, while the universe

            unfolds its tenacity to grave seriousness.

            -->I think the universe presents a single play; each of us perceives it differently. If it's a drama or a comedy, depends of our particular perception of it.

            According to Democritus, 'happiness dwells in the soul'

            Cyb hugs,

             Simone.

          • simone dimeglio
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005

              Hello Flemming,

               yes,yes � the 2 Clowns would get an extra cup of Yak Butter Tea

               every day

              What is Yak Butter Tea and what are its supposed effects on clowns?

              The 2 Priests would be sent to Bhutan!

              I don�t know where Bhutan is. Would they reach an agreement there?

              Apart from that:Ah,it might be true,perhaps Democritus was not

              really a Gentleman,if so one can understand him,it seems they never

              offered him the Nobel Prize,like some Henri Bergson � Some people

              get lucky,just think of it, Bergson had all the Duration of Time to

              ponder Duration and Time- What a lucky man he was!

              I never read him. My only existentialist experience was a few pages of �Nausea�, I found it depressing. So I suspect Bergson view of humor shall not be very sympathetic.

              Btw, was Bergson a Gentleman?

               (and what a  Sister he had,a modern ISIS)

              Who was her? Curious..

              Cyb hugs,

              Simone.

            • Jo Selsjord
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                Simone,

                I Can't any way read your squiggles - sorry - very sorry!

                JoS
              • simonedi2
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 3, 2005
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Selsjord <jo@s...>
                  wrote:
                  > Simone,
                  >
                  > I Can't any way read your squiggles - sorry - very sorry!
                  >
                  > JoS

                  Dear Jo,

                  I wrote you an answer a few days ago, it's at
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_tomorrow/message/10888
                  (Courier New)

                  Sorry about these squiggles. I used 'Comic Sans', my favorite font
                  and what I normally use in my emails, but Yahoo apparently doesn't
                  deal with it very well.

                  Cyb hugs,
                  Simone.
                • yogidahl2000
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 6, 2005
                    Hi Simone!
                    Hello Flemming,
                    Flemming: yes,yes – the 2 Clowns would get an extra cup of Yak
                    Butter Tea every day
                    Simone: à What is Yak Butter Tea and what are its supposed effects
                    on clowns?
                    Flemming: Yak Butter Tea is the national Tibetan drink,somehow
                    comparable to the British 5 o'clock tea --- I'm not quite sure of
                    its precise effects on Clowns!
                    Flemming:The 2 Priests would be sent to Bhutan!
                    Simone: à I don't know where Bhutan is. Would they reach an
                    agreement there?
                    Flemming: Agreement? I don't think so! – The 2 priests would be
                    wrapped in AH,the mantric seed-syllable of the All-Accomplishing
                    Dhyani Buddha,Amoghasiddhi – Thus sent away!---- Bhutan is a small
                    country near Tibet,the reigning religion there is tantric
                    buddhism,almost exclusively dominated by the Sakya-pas,one of the 4
                    main schools of tibetan buddhism—It seems Madame Blavatsky had some
                    rather weird,"fantastic" ideas about Bhutan,thinking it to be the
                    land of left hand path black magicians- nah,I'm not sure the Sakya-
                    pas would buy into that one!
                    Simone: à I never read him. My only existentialist experience was a
                    few pages of `Nausea', I found it depressing. So I suspect Bergson
                    view of humor shall not be very sympathetic.
                    Btw, was Bergson a Gentleman?
                    Flemming: Ah,most likely Bergson's moods bordered more on
                    the "serious" rather than the humorous- Yep,I've heard he was a
                    Gentleman!—This guy,Sartre,yes,he can be depressing,still I find him
                    rather entertaining
                    Flemming:(and what a Sister he had,a modern ISIS)
                    Simone: à Who was her? Curious..
                    Flemming: Henri Bergson's sister was Moina Mathers- She became a
                    High Priestess within the very remarkable esoteric group,the Golden
                    Dawn – M.M. was clairvoyant ,or to be more precise,clairaudient –
                    She married Samuel L.Mathers,who can easily pass for one of the most
                    enigmatic spiritual figures in recent times --- The Golden Dawn was
                    such a promising enterprise,all its members were highly
                    intelligent,outstanding personalities,yet rather quickly it split
                    into various factions,partly due to the always
                    alarming,disturbing,dubious presence of Aleister Crowley---
                    Nominally the G.D.still exists,though,since decades it has been but
                    a shadow of itself – Probably the most extraordinary,highly
                    spiritual,now-living Golden Dawn-figure – is Dolores Ashcroft-
                    Nowicki,she's a great teacher
                    http://dolores.ashcroft-nowicki.com/
                    Cyb hugs,
                    Simone.
                    many cyb hugs back at You!
                    Flemming
                  • simonedi2
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 6, 2005
                      Hello Flemming,

                      Thanks for your explanations.

                      Flemming: Yak Butter Tea is the national Tibetan drink,somehow
                      comparable to the British 5 o'clock tea --- I'm not quite sure of
                      its precise effects on Clowns!
                      --> Still to be investigated...

                      Flemming: Agreement? I don't think so! ¨C The 2 priests would be
                      wrapped in AH,the mantric seed-syllable of the All-Accomplishing
                      Dhyani Buddha,Amoghasiddhi ¨C Thus sent away!
                      --> Sorry my ignorance on Tibetan matters, where would they be sent
                      to?

                      Bhutan is a small country near Tibet,the reigning religion there is
                      tantric
                      buddhism,almost exclusively dominated by the Sakya-pas,one of the 4
                      main schools of tibetan buddhism¡ªIt seems Madame Blavatsky
                      -->Who was her?

                      had some rather weird,"fantastic" ideas about Bhutan,thinking it to
                      be the
                      land of left hand path black magicians- nah,I'm not sure the Sakya-
                      pas would buy into that one!
                      -->I wonder what would be her reasons for these ideas.

                      Ah,most likely Bergson's moods bordered more on
                      the "serious" rather than the humorous- Yep,I've heard he was a
                      Gentleman!¡ªThis guy,Sartre,yes,he can be depressing,still I find
                      him rather entertaining
                      -->I prefer Simone de Beauvoir ,anyway.

                      Flemming: Henri Bergson's sister was Moina Mathers- She became a
                      High Priestess within the very remarkable esoteric group,the Golden
                      Dawn ¨C M.M. was clairvoyant ,or to be more precise,clairaudient
                      --> Who she used to listen to?

                      She married Samuel L.Mathers,who can easily pass for one of the most
                      enigmatic spiritual figures in recent times --- The Golden Dawn was
                      such a promising enterprise,all its members were highly
                      intelligent,outstanding personalities,yet rather quickly it split
                      into various factions,partly due to the always
                      alarming,disturbing,dubious presence of Aleister Crowley---
                      Nominally the G.D.still exists,though,since decades it has been but
                      a shadow of itself ¨C Probably the most extraordinary,highly
                      spiritual,now-living Golden Dawn-figure ¨C is Dolores Ashcroft-
                      Nowicki,she's a great teacher
                      http://dolores.ashcroft-nowicki.com/
                      --> I gonna check it, thanks.

                      Cyb hugs,:o)