Migdal1

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hey Everyone,

      I have found a few references to the Magdalene and where I believe
      she has been outed in the Old Testament. Of all the possible
      references to her name I have never come across one that seemed self
      evidently correct. Until now that is. So, I want to share a few
      things and I do not know how to copy and paste various links without
      losing my post. It seems I only know how to paste the last one so
      copied, without losing the whole post to go back for the next link.
      That means I will, for those who wish to follow this thread, have to
      post a 1, 2, 3 in this heading of Migdaledler.

      I believe I can show through Micah of the Old Testament wherein the
      birth of the Christ would show itself to a particular house, and one
      of long standing. I believe this also may point towards Dr. Steiners
      words on the Solomon Mary having lived many earthly lives before the
      one in Palestine. Where it interconnects with the Magdalene is that
      in here we are shown it is of the lowly house of all of Judah and in
      Micah it can be seen that it is this lowly house that will be lifted
      up.

      For those of you who may be interested in following the Magdalene
      stream of a thing you do not have to be concerned with my linking of
      her to the stepmother. You can just take the Magdalenian references
      to mean just that of she without considering my further point.

      So, to start I have this from I remember not what site unfortunately
      but I shall refind it and post it as a reference and contribution.
      It is on a Hebrew understanding of Letters regarding the name
      Magdalene, or better known as Migdale-eelder (sp:(. I shall get the
      correct spelling in the next post.

      For those who so wish to follow this trail:

      "MARLENE is a Slavic form of the Greek MAGDALENE, from the Hebrew
      MIGDAL, meaning A HIGH TOWER.
      Variant spelling - MARLEEN – MERLINE – MARLANE – MARLAYNE – MARLEYNE

      The letters featured in this piece are MEM RESH LAMED YUD NUN. Taken
      together and reading from right to left, they spell MARLEEN. This
      name has been transliterated into the Hebrew phonetically.

      Each of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet has a special meaning
      and a story to tell. Here a few brief ones about the letters on this
      painting.

      MEM is the 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical
      value of 40. MEM makes a sound like the M in Middle. But according to
      the ancient kabbalistic text SEPHER YETZIRAH, the MEM hummmmmms! MEM
      is usually associated with the word MAYIM - WATER or EEMAH - MOTHER.

      RESH is the 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical
      value of 200. RESH makes a sound like the R in Radiant. RESH means
      BEGINNING or HEAD. When one spells out the letter RESH in Hebrew, it
      is RESH YUD SHIN. YUD and SHIN spell YESH - THERE IS. The letter RESH
      means BEGINNING. So it is possible to say that the RESH literally
      means THERE IS A BEGINNING

      LAMED is the 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical
      value of 30. LAMED makes a sound like the L in Like. LAMED means both
      TO LEARN and TO TEACH. The LAMED is the tallest and most majestic of
      all the letters. Indeed Rashi interprets A TOWER FLYING IN THE AIR
      (Hagigah 15b) - as applying to the upper stroke of the LAMED.

      YUD is the 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical
      value of 10. YUD makes a sound like the Y in Year. YUD is a simple
      point. It is the smallest letter in the alphabet and yet is
      frequently associated with the very large concept of EMANATION, the
      highest level in the Four World paradigm of Kabbalah.
      YUD has the important job of being the first letter of the
      Tetragrammaton - YUD HEY VAV HEY. Zohar states that, in this context,
      the YUD represents the head of all creatures (Zohar. 1984. Tr. Harry
      Sperling et al. New York: Soncino. 3:130).

      NUN is the 14th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical
      value of 50. NUN makes a sound like the N in Now. The NUN has the
      head of a ZAYIN. The body is an elongated Zayin. NUN means SHINE,
      SPOUT, SPREAD, KINDDOM in Hebrew and FISH in Aramaic.
      The NUN is one of 5 letters [CAF, MEM NUN PEY TSADE] that have 2
      forms - the regular [bent] form used in the beginning and middle of a
      word and the FINAL FORM - SOFIT - used as the last letter of a word.
      According to the ancient kabbalistic text The Bahir, the bent NUN
      represents the spinal cord through which the body is fed by the brain
      (The Bahir. 1979. Tr. Aryeh Kaplan. York Beach: Samuel Weiser. 31).

      *

      This work is accompanied by the kabbalistic explanation printed
      above.

      The original 5x7 watercolor painting of this image is available.

      mat color:: blue

      stock number:: nf7-106 "

      I believe the referenced site may be:
      http://www.hebrewletters.com/.temp.cfm?tmich=267