[AT] Re: Steiner refusing/blather

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2004

> [...]
      > be
      > capable of dealing with a ferociously insular organization which
      > would
      > probably not be likely to open its archives to an independant
      > investigator, one who would be seeking to a forensic analysis of all
      > sorts of dirty laundry. Like how and why did Marie Stiener - his
      > closest and most intimate confidant and co-worker - get excluded from
      > the affairs of the Society which he founded and in which she held
      > such
      > responsible positions after his death and what does this say about
      > the
      > integrity of the Society which bears his stamp and imprint, and about
      > the formative judgement and decisions of the one who ran it with
      > total
      > discretion and responsibilty for so long but who, until the Christmas
      > Conference of 1923-24, never held any official position within it?
      > Was
      > he trying - unsuccessfully, it appears - to have it both ways? If
      > not,
      > how to explain it in a way that does not insult common sense and
      > Occam's Razor.
      > The issues raised by our famous, or infamous, as you choose,
      > Catherine
      > MaCoun, in her "Working on What Has Been Spoiled" essay would need to
      > be addressed and evaluated in responsible fashion. I would bet that
      > research into each and every area of endeavor in the developed life
      > of
      > the Anthroposophical Society would reveal similar archetypal issues
      > and patterns which would be difficult to properly appreciate.
      > And, just to cite one other example, the lore which has it that
      > Wegman
      > was the reincarnation of Alexander the Great. True or not, it is
      > believed by many anthroposophists that this is the case. One: why
      > would such a thing be believed, or desire to be believed, and Two: if
      > true, is this something to boast about? According to some, and not
      > without some cause, Alexander was a monster.
      > Such a biography would need to also be Warren Report of sorts into
      > the
      > fate of the Society, for an investigation into the unfolding
      > biography
      > of the Society would reveal much about the influences that went into
      > its genesis, the most significant one being the person of and
      > influences coming through Stiener himself.
      >
      > This would be a work for the future, since the audience for such a
      > work within the Society itself would be miniscule (just imagine the
      > turmoil that even a discussion of the worth of such a project would
      > or
      > has provoked even in this, or previous, lists!) and the audience
      > within the mass culture would be even smaller. I mean, look in any
      > modern book on spirituality or culture and you chances are
      > one-in-a-million that Steiner is mentioned anywhere, even in a

      Yes. The most extensive biography of Steiner to date is a 2 volume one by
      Christoph Lindenberg: "Rudolf Steiner: Eine Biographie". He's an
      anthroposophist and had documentary access to everything known about
      Steiner. You can feel him trying to be objecive - to the point of dryness.
      He doesn't go into criticism of the works - as in your "Mexican Mysteries",
      only mentions the basic contents. Any biographer, btw, would need to know
      German.
      Frank
    • Stephen Clarke
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
        <franksmith@v...> wrote:

        Any biographer, btw, would need to know German.

        Right, and that puts me out of the running although I still don't know
        how I managed to fake my way through four years of college German courses.

        Geez, the dust that just trying to talk about a Steiner bio. raises!
        It could be fun if the discussion really didn't ned to go somewhere.

        S.

        PS: re Griselda. Let's kiss and make up; I think there's enough of
        her to go around. That was fun.
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
          > PS: re Griselda. Let's kiss and make up; I think there's enough of
          > her to go around. That was fun.

          OK, Stephen, we kiss and make up - but if you think that means sharing
          Griselda I'm afraid I must disappoint you. Nice try though.

          Frank
        • Steve Haag
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
            <mozartg@y...> wrote:

            > Stephen,

            If there's a book in you to write about Steiner, so be it. You don't
            need a democracy approval, as I'm sure you know. You simply need
            enough inner will and fascination and foot to step out.

            Success is going along a chosen path till you feel you've completed
            going that direction. Products along the way are evidence of the
            journey, not the only value.

            SteveD
          • Stephen Clarke
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Haag" <art@r...>
              wrote:

              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clarke"
              > <mozartg@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Stephen,
              >
              > If there's a book in you to write about Steiner, so be it. You don't
              > need a democracy approval, as I'm sure you know. You simply need
              > enough inner will and fascination and foot to step out.
              >
              > Success is going along a chosen path till you feel you've completed
              > going that direction. Products along the way are evidence of the
              > journey, not the only value.
              >
              > SteveD

              I am writing the books I can write. The Steiner bio is not one of them
              - as I said. But to speak of an Imagination is to, in some way, help
              it to manifest. that's all I can do on that score. Thanks anyway.

              S.
            • Steve Haag
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
                <mozartg@y...> wrote:

                > to speak of an Imagination is to, in some way, help
                > it to manifest.

                Excellent, and Godspeed you!

                SteveD
              • Griselda Andersen
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
                  Stephen Clark wrote to Frank:

                  > > PS: re Griselda. Let's kiss and make up; I think
                  > there's enough of
                  > > her to go around. That was fun.

                  I see. You both kiss, I go around. Sounds like one of
                  those trinities Dottie mentioned sometime ago. I'm in,
                  boys.

                  Frank wrote:
                  > OK, Stephen, we kiss and make up - but if you think
                  > that means sharing
                  > Griselda I'm afraid I must disappoint you. Nice try
                  > though.

                  Frank...will you ever, ever learn...
                  Love,
                  Griselda