Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Depleted Uranium (Reparations,withdrawal and Apology - whatever)

  • Jo Selsjord
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004
      Lennart, Steve - and all others reading this,

      I think neither Shiva (creator and destroyer) nor 'american taxpayers'
      are the real villains in the drama of 'Depleted Uranium' astray, but I
      can't really point my finger at the culprit; I'm at a loss providing
      focus.

      I sense an eerie triumph somehow and somewhere at this cunning spread of
      the mysterious, radioactive substance which might have continued its
      slumber in the sacred grounds of Canadian Indians and other natively
      insightful people; anyway, the genie is out, no going back.

      Why is it that the Iraqui people should suffer children borne without
      heads; why not New Yorkers, Norwegians or Texans; we should not be
      taking part in this disgrace - we choose, we decide, we are crucial
      parts of the equation - my opinion.

      Stop it!

      JoS

      Lennart Sundström wrote:

      > 04-12-30 14.24, skrev Steve Haag på art@... följande:
      >
      > Heavy themes, Jos. Is it Shiva, creator and destroyer? I
      > always
      > wondered why the evil villains have such a hearty laugh in
      > their evil
      > doings.
      >
      > SteveIKeeponDancing
      >
      > It is the american taxpayers, Steve,
      > yours sincerely,
      > Lenny
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004
        --- Jo Selsjord wrote:

        > I think neither Shiva (creator and destroyer) nor 'american taxpayers'
        > are the real villains in the drama of 'Depleted Uranium' astray, but I
        > can't really point my finger at the culprit; I'm at a loss providing
        > focus.

        Hi Jo,

        I hear you. I am also at a loss as to how this 'weapon' could be used...

        > I sense an eerie triumph somehow and somewhere at this cunning spread of
        > the mysterious, radioactive substance which might have continued its
        > slumber in the sacred grounds of Canadian Indians and other natively
        > insightful people; anyway, the genie is out, no going back.
        >
        > Why is it that the Iraqui people should suffer children borne without
        > heads; why not New Yorkers, Norwegians or Texans; we should not be
        > taking part in this disgrace - we choose, we decide, we are crucial
        > parts of the equation - my opinion.

        What most folks don't realize is that US troops are also exposed to this stuff
        and it manifests itself in "Gulf War Syndrome" which also affects their
        families and children. Not saying this makes it ok -- it most definately
        doesn't -- just pointing out that we don't get away unscathed. Of course, the
        real architects of this insane policy -- Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, et.
        al. -- aren't paying for it.

        Musing on who's really pulling that trigger....
        JoAnn
      • Steve Haag
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Selsjord <jo@s...>
          wrote:

          > the real villains in the drama of 'Depleted Uranium' astray, but I
          > can't really point my finger at the culprit;

          JoS,

          I think it's fear of other that fuels a zeal to exclusive dominion.
          Plus, some kind of fascination with having fingers on the levers of
          maximal power weilding. It's the yearning to omniscience by head not
          heart.

          Steved