Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Fwd: [House of Metaphysics] How to check for truth

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
      Dear Christine,

      This stuff from Turtle Woman is not good. Here is why.

      Humanity needs to come awake to the potential of the consciousness
      soul, which means awake inwardly to what is going on in the
      consciousness and unconsciousness.

      We need to learn how to combine prayer and meditation in a single
      action, where our outer private speaking (prayer) becomes a magical act
      of the highest order (holy magic is petition and grace). This privately
      spoken out loud petition is balanced by an inward inner silence (we
      speak out loud, but are silent in inner voice). This spoken petition
      (prayer) is then met by grace inwardly in the silence, and because we
      have become "poor in spirit" (inwardly silent) then the Beings we seek
      can speak to us in response in the inward silent emptiness.

      We only use the physical body to speak (prayer-petition), and with an
      awake but silent thinking (meditation) we "hear" the grace filled
      response to our petition.

      Turtle Woman has materialized and tied to the body an element of the
      consciousness soul experience that must be found in a body free
      thinking, if it is to manifest in its wholeness. What she proposes is a
      very ahrimanic temptation to the consciousness soul, which makes of the
      body nothing other than a new age crystal or pendulum, when what the
      spirit needs is to begin to find its "invisible" limbs in meditation,
      not become attached to its outer physical limbs as some kind of Ouija
      board.

      Whatever Beings this woman thinks she is contacting, they have nothing
      whatsoever to do with Christ. He waits in the Ethereal World, where
      thinking resides when focused on its essence. He cannot be evoked
      through faux magical acts, nor can Archangel Michael.

      When prayer and meditation are properly combined, and there is an
      earnest and real need, then no Truth, nor any sense of a needed
      understanding of the Good, will be withheld from our seeking spirit.
      "Ask and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, knock and it
      shall be opened unto you."

      warm regards,
      joel

      * --
      Joel Wendt <hermit@...>
    • golden3000997@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
        Thank you Joel for taking the time to think about this.

        Now please may I make this assertion - I am not defending this person's
        position. I don't have any idea who these people are or where they are coming from.
        I just thought it was an interesting idea.

        This having been said, however, a couple of thoughts pop into my head. The
        "balancing" of the body with the arms reminds me very much of making the "A"
        gesture in Eurythmy. When I took Eurythmy (two years in Teacher Training) we were
        shown that crossing two limbs (fingers, arms, legs, even eyes!) is a
        centering and focusing gesture. It very much strengthens the "I" in the body and can
        be used casually or therapeutically. I also think of Eurythmy in relation to
        prayer and meditation in the sense that (who was it, Brad? Sorry - just got home
        from work) was just writing about the angels passing swiftly by and giving a
        meaningful glance. Actually, I always though of it more as a meaningful
        gesture. I always thought of the angels (etc) as "speaking" in Eurythmy gestures. So
        might it not be possible to "pray" in gestures? Even "meditate" in gestures?
        I'm not saying THEY are doing this, but mightn't there be a kernel of truth
        here? something to ponder?

        I have always imagined the far distant future when we will be creating life
        forms with our transformed larynxes and "speaking" with each other through
        gesture. Is this completely off base, or what?

        I think we have to be VEWY, VEWY CAWFUL about labeling things Luciferic and
        Ahrimanic too quickly. (especially when hunting wabbits). Exalted feelings and
        artistic imaginations, inspirations and impulses can be quite Luciferic, in
        fact MUST be Luciferic in a sense, because that is the realm of gift that he
        gives to us. Cold, hard, analytic thinking can certainly be Ahrimanic, just as
        the cold hard earth is beneath our feet, because the solidity of the world is
        his gift to us. The question is how to put both of these polarities to the
        service of the Christ Being and how to infuse the light, warmth and courage of the
        Christ Being into the earth and into our creations. Who among us is a perfect
        vehicle for the Christ? - certainly not me! (myself and Irene).

        As much as we need to fight Ahriman in this time with the Shield of Truth and
        the Sword of the Spirit, I still love the Peach Glass Window in the
        Goetheanum (boy, that's almost as hard to type as Anthropopsopial, ugh, antropiscal,
        ugh, well that Steiner thing). I love the GESTURE of the Christ Being bending
        down to release Ahriman from his chains. He never denies him or tries to destroy
        or exile him. He is just trying to set him free from the chains of his own
        making.

        Another thing that I have picked up on so far, and I haven't even read the
        whole website yet, is there is some kind of disclaimer regarding the Ashtar
        Command. I like the way they are so definite that the people on their lists have
        to choose and can't just willy nilly run around after every UFO site they see.
        One of my absolutely best friends (and former boyfriend) has dedicated his
        whole life to UFO research, so I've been around a lot of people in this field.
        One of the things I used to try to impress on him was the need to be able to
        DISCERN. Taking as a starting point that there is SOMETHING or SOME ONES out
        there (which everyone is totally free to reject in the first place), but if there
        is or are, then it would behoove us to get some kind of idea of where they are
        all coming from, what their intentions are and how to best respond. Are they
        all "good"? Are some of them "good"? Or are NONE of them "good"? This
        particular web site struck me as being very strong in defining and differentiating.
        Mind you, I'm not planning on getting on their ship. I figure it's my fate to go
        down with this one.

        Anyway, I was just passing along an interesting something I found on my
        mental wanderings. Just a spur to mental wonderings. And anything with "Golden" in
        it - I like! : )

        But thanks again for your valuable input!

        : ) Christine