The end

  • Griselda Andersen
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 27, 2004
      Thaaaaat's it!!We're through, Gaelman!!!!Screw you,
      and your freaking frigid ways!!I am soooo fucking
      tired of offering myself to you on a plate and getting
      mostly amphibian-like responses!!Not that it hasn't
      happened to me before but considering the old bag you
      probably are it kind of hurts a girl's pride, you
      know???
      Look, I ain't going to bug you anymore, NEVER,
      EVER!!!! Just go to your fucking inbox one last time
      and delete the stupid e-mails I sent there about five
      centuries ago and you never bothered to answer,
      godammnit. Do that and we're through for good. I mean
      it!!!!
      I will go straight back to Frank, that's what I'm
      going to do - if he doesn't consider me damaged
      goods by now, that is!! Frank...now there's a man who
      can sign "love" in a message without having to consult
      "The Art of War" first, unlike some gun-shy,
      ambush-noid, net-wary gaelbaby I know. And to hell
      with your "regards" shit by the way!!!What am I, your
      fucking family accountant?????That just won't cut it,
      you know. And what is it that you're so afraid of
      that you can't even show some real warm affection,
      boy? You think I'm going to zap myself through the net
      straight to your happy home and blow your dick off or
      something?You big pussy!!!
      Oh, and that shit in gaelic you wrote in your
      Christmas message, does it mean Merry "Fook You" All?
      If so, same to YOU. Now that's a language that
      apparently sucks ass - no curse words, no "love", no
      "sorry" probably...what a waste of fucking time.
      And here, see how even a wee pottymouth "womin" like
      me has about 3 million balls more than you:
      I love you, asshole!!I still do!!!Even though you
      probably don't give a shit!!!
      Now, go to hell. And go raibh m�le maith agat - FOR
      NOTHING!!!
      Cheers, and bbbbyyyyye,
      Griselda

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Caroline Dickason
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 27, 2004
        I read:

        "....Listmates, I know there's a kind of respect for not getting too
        personal on this list.....SteveD...."

        AND then I read the following from Griselda:

        "Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The end.....

[...]
        míle maith agat - FOR NOTHING!!! Cheers, and bbbbyyyyye, Griselda...."

        I am a Steiner parent, and have been studying Anthroposophy loosely for
        a number of years. Now my children are a little older (therefore more
        'me' time), I thought it was an excellent time to learn more about
        Anthroposophy - hence, I joined this list. Here, I have read some very
        interesting views, but I am dismayed to learn there is more personal
        abuse here than respectful discussions - a difference in opinion CAN be
        delivered with respect, and does not need to be attached to personal
        attacks. The cult thing, with serious egos, is wasting my time. The
        rude and disrespectful discussions/attacks may indicate quite a few
        personalities that have self-esteem issues. I will be removing my
        membership, and shall seek a group that can have insightful discussions
        without seemingly needing to break another's spirit.

        I would hope that as I post my opinion, I am not attacked, but reading
        many of the posts on this list, I am not sure.

        Kind regards,

        Caz.

      • yogidahl2000
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 27, 2004
          I fully agree with You!
          Thank You!
          Flemming

[...]

        • Stephen Clarke
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 28, 2004
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "yogidahl2000"
            <Dahl_flemming@h...> wrote:

            > I fully agree with You!
            > Thank You!
            > Flemming

            I will be removing my
            > membership, and shall seek a group that can have insightful
            > discussions
            > without seemingly needing to break another's spirit.

            Ditto. Anybody know of a grown-up Apop list?

            Stephen
          • Steve Haag
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 28, 2004
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Caroline Dickason"
              <cadickason@o...> wrote:
              > dismayed to learn there is more personal
              > abuse here than respectful discussions

              Caz,

              Raises the question, anyway. Perhaps it's a more inclusive kind
              of "respect" going on here where there is enough boldness of will and
              personality for darkest darks as well as lightest lights to come out
              and show forth. And if awareness really is ever expansive/evolving,
              then darkest dark do still contribute to those who have the stomach
              for it.

              Let us know if you find other groups that appeal better to your
              sensibilities.

              Thanks,

              SteveD
            • wdenval@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 28, 2004
                Dear Caz,

                I, too, am a Waldorf parent of many years as I believe many other list members are as well. I also studied anthroposophy loosely, as you say for a number of years. In addition I studied with Rene Querido for the last six or seven years that he was teaching.  I personally enjoy this list, especially the diversity of views and the personalities that express them. But I always knew that a bear or two would show up sooner or later so I wasn't suprised when our very own Grizzly took up residence. And I can see how this would be rather shocking for a newcomer but I hope that you can get over that and join us anyway, for a trial while, at least. If not, the St John's list is very good, I think, for breadth of discussion. If you are looking for depth, I do not know and would also appreciate a heads up if you find something out there.-Val
              • Jennifer
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 29, 2004
                  I'm guessing from the tone of her note that she's already long gone
                  and can't answer the question, but I just wonder: Is this a cult?

                  Jennifer

                  Caroline Dickason wrote:

                  > I am a Steiner parent,....
                • Tarjei Straume
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 29, 2004
                    At 20:02 29.12.2004, Jennifer wrote:

                    >I'm guessing from the tone of her note that she's already long gone and
                    >can't answer the question, but I just wonder: Is this a cult?

                    Well Jennifer, as you recall from reading my 1999 crash of the WC party,
                    anthroposophy is called "cult like" and sometimes referred to as "the
                    Steiner cult." In the negative sense of the word "cult," this is not
                    altogether unjustified; I recently mentioned in a message to Frank that
                    Steiner complained about widespread sectarianism in the Anthroposophical
                    Society, and by that he meant cultism. And there is still many pockets of
                    cultism among anthroposophists.

                    In the positive sense of the word, the Christian Communiuty Church is the
                    cultic extension of the Anthroposophical Movement, with its rituals
                    intended to build a bridge of communion between mortals and immortals.

                    Here on the Anthroposophy Tomorrow e-group, I have suggested that we make
                    room for our various individual cults and small group cults to exist side
                    by side, perhaps sometimes on the premise that "I'll stay out of your
                    threads if you stay out of mine" or something like that, making flame wars
                    a voluntary thing for both parties when they occur. We could concoct our
                    own flame war netiquette similar to the rules of duels a few centuries ago.
                    There is always a danger, of course, that these flame wars of ours, which
                    are common on the internet, can escalate into cybercult wars, and these
                    again can conflagrate into World Wide Web Propaganda Wars. If someone
                    declares a cyberwar on the Cult of Tazism, for instance, I might turn to
                    anarchist sites for reinforcements, and some of these anarchists may break
                    off and ally themselves with the Cult of Peter Staudenmaier, which would
                    result in a temporary alliance of the warring anthro-cults; and if he Cult
                    of Peter Staudemnaier gets reinforcements from the Cult of PLANS-WC who in
                    turn bring in officers from their religious fundamentalist wing, we may
                    have to make emergency calls to the Goetheanum.

                    So your answer to your question is, yes, this is definitely a cult,
                    consisting of smaller cults.

                    Cheers,

                    Tarjei
                    under the auspices of
                    His Holiness Uncle Taz
                    http://uncletaz.com/

                    "At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human
                    malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity,
                    idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or
                    political idols."
                    - Aldous Huxley
                  • Tarjei Straume
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 29, 2004
                      At 02:03 30.12.2004, I (Tarjei) wrote:

                      >So your answer to your question is, yes, this is definitely a cult,
                      >consisting of smaller cults.

                      Make that Root Cults and Sub Cults.

                      Tarjei
                    • kmlightseeker
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 30, 2004
                        Hi Tarjei,

                        I enjoyed that! You make cults sound positively groovy! :D

                        I was watching the film "Dune" the other day, and have been looking at
                        the appendices of the first book in the Dune saga. I've discovered
                        that Dune in part is a vision of infinite combinations and change that
                        I've witnessed. The Dune universe history is set over a period of
                        about 4000 years, and in encompasssing real world human culture back
                        to the start of civilization, it projects the idea that in the very
                        distant future world religions will have combined into fused
                        philosophies and traditions, which in turn have been subsumed by the
                        Dune period culture into religions of intellect and mind idolatry and
                        human "essence" - religions created as a response to an era of human
                        indifference and enslavement to technology. Of course, as you my also
                        know, that again a paradigm shift occurs in the form of a revolt
                        against the old order - the storyline of Dune.

                        Anyway, back to the cult idea. I have an idea for my own cult, it will
                        be called "Brotherhood of Amiable Threefolders" or BAT for short.
                        Despite the male connotation, women will be welcome too - in fact,
                        this will provide a central tension within the organisation to keep
                        things lively, and hopefully provide internal schisms, and then
                        breakaway groups and sects of our own. ;) We will affectionately be
                        known as "batties" by outsiders (but most likely only by ourselves).

                        We will travel the cyber-streets weilding cyber-batons, and bopping
                        at random strangers' heads, dispensing advice and wisdom, but mostly a
                        curt "Learn" to recipients of the "Wisdom Blow".

                        Thanks,

                        Keith

                      • Jennifer
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 30, 2004
                          I hear it now, rippling through the jungle waters!
                          Well, something about that phrase "Steiner parent"
                          just gave me chilling images of Stepford wives. ;)

                          Jennifer

                        • Jo Ann Schwartz
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 30, 2004
                            --- Jennifer wrote:

                            > I hear it now, rippling through the jungle waters!
                            > Well, something about that phrase "Steiner parent"
                            > just gave me chilling images of Stepford wives. ;)

                            Hi Jennifer,

                            This just cracked me up, because for years I would somewhat diffidently
                            introduce myself as "just a Waldorf mum...." Perhaps you haven't run into it
                            much, but lots of folks will ask newbies, "How did you become interested in
                            Steiner's work?" Introducing yourself as a waldorf/steiner parent let's you
                            head them off at the pass, as it were.

                            Musing on where do we start with someone as prolific as RS...
                            JoAnn
                          • Jennifer
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 31, 2004
                              Hi, Jo Ann!

                              Hi, Jo Ann! Oh, I am definitely a newbie to Steiner's work! Now I
                              wonder, what exactly IS a Waldorf/Steiner parent? I see myself as
                              an "educating" parent (I hope this is the case, anyway!), yet no
                              particular method to the madness has presented itself. So glad to
                              have found this group! You guys are fun. :)

                              Happy New Year, everyone!

                              Jennifer

                              Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:

                              > Hi Jennifer,
                              >
                              > This just cracked me up, because for years I would somewhat
                              diffidently
                              > introduce myself as "just a Waldorf mum...." Perhaps you haven't
                              run into it
                              > much, but lots of folks will ask newbies, "How did you become
                              interested in
                              > Steiner's work?" Introducing yourself as a waldorf/steiner parent
                              let's you
                              > head them off at the pass, as it were.
                              >
                              > Musing on where do we start with someone as prolific as RS...
                              > JoAnn
                            • Steve Haag
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "kmlightseeker"
                                <kmlightseeker@y...> wrote:

                                > travel the cyber-streets weilding cyber-batons, and bopping
                                at random strangers' heads, dispensing advice and wisdom, but mostly a
                                curt "Learn" to recipients of the "Wisdom Blow".

                                Keith,

                                Good luck with your emerging cult. There's a part in Gulliver's
                                Travels where he visits a culture of really brainy men who keep a
                                little helper at their side who holds a stick they bop their masters
                                with when it's time for them to shut up and listen.

                                :-)

                                SteveD
                              • kmlightseeker
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                                  Hi Steve,

                                  Thanks, now I'll just have to start on a recruitment drive. ;)

                                  (Note: I hasten to add for one and all that my cult idea is only
                                  tongue-in-idea - I don't really want to create a cult. Nor do I think
                                  cults in the real world are the least bit amusing or benign with
                                  consideration to the harm they cause).

                                  That's a coincidence that the stick bopping thing should be in
                                  Gulliver's Travels also - I honestly didn't have that in mind when I
                                  came up with the idea. Jonathan Swift was a creative one, coming up
                                  with cute ideas like that one.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Keith

                                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Haag" <art@r...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "kmlightseeker"
                                  > <kmlightseeker@y...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > travel the cyber-streets weilding cyber-batons, and bopping
                                  > at random strangers' heads, dispensing advice and wisdom, but mostly a
                                  > curt "Learn" to recipients of the "Wisdom Blow".
                                  >
                                  > Keith,
                                  >
                                  > Good luck with your emerging cult. There's a part in Gulliver's
                                  > Travels where he visits a culture of really brainy men who keep a
                                  > little helper at their side who holds a stick they bop their masters
                                  > with when it's time for them to shut up and listen.
                                  >
                                  > :-)
                                  >
                                  > SteveD
                                • Steve Haag
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                                    <kmlightseeker@y...> wrote:

                                    >(Note: ...my cult idea is only
                                    tongue-in-idea - I don't really want to create a cult. Nor do I think
                                    cults in the real world are the least bit amusing or benign with
                                    consideration to the harm they cause).

                                    Keith,

                                    Here's an online dictionary definition for cult:

                                    cult n.

                                    A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or
                                    false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner
                                    under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
                                    The followers of such a religion or sect.
                                    A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
                                    The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious
                                    ceremony and ritual.
                                    A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator
                                    to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular
                                    disease.

                                    Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a
                                    person, principle, or thing.
                                    The object of such devotion.
                                    An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic
                                    or intellectual interest.

                                    ----------
                                    [Latin cultus, worship, from past participle of colere, to cultivate.
                                    See kwel-1 in Indo-European Roots.]

                                    ===========

                                    Steve again:

                                    Curious that the etymology goes back to worship and cultivation. And
                                    to me it echoes themes of unity - limited ones, yes, but experiments
                                    in collections of people and ideas. And we're all doing that. So it's
                                    curious how cult has become this omen of extremism and falseness and
                                    concern over being led astray. And it's also curious when some groups
                                    are able to raise themselves above cult status, when they can as
                                    easily fall prey to leading astray.

                                    SteveD
                                  • kmlightseeker
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 6, 2005
                                      Hi Steve,

                                      Good points, and makes one wonder about the use of labels to
                                      categorise groups. I think it's pathological, unthinking processes
                                      that create the groups that are negative versions of the cult form.
                                      Perhaps obsessive concerns and thought patterns create the blinkers
                                      that lead to the control of members of these groups.