Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Lazarus

    Message 1 of 58 , Jan 1, 2004
      Bradford wrote:
      Perhaps you were an avid student
      > of Boehme, which
      > is not beyond the scope of truth.

      Dearest Bradford,

      How right you are. How it came to be that you would
      point me in this direction I have a bit of a clue but
      that does not due justice to your ability to pierce
      through to the thinking of ones person and to
      recognize it for where it comes from. It is quite
      shocking really but not.

      A few things are said that speak to me immediately
      when looking on this fine gentleman of God. One of
      them being his picture. I was pretty stunned for a
      second until I saw a second one that was barely
      recongizable. However it is his train of thought that
      I can follow to my self. Per chance? while looking I
      came directly upon a page by Dr.Steiner. It can be
      found at:
      http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GA007/English/GA007_Valentin.html

      What I found interesting is the fact that his thinking
      would not have changed much from his earlier
      incarnation as he would come back to the creation of
      the world once again. For what reason I do not have a
      clue. Although I have not given it much thought. His
      life does seem to mirror my own in a way. His writings
      are considered confused due to the fact he had not
      much of a higher education is but one of them. Mostly
      I find myself in his very search for understanding of
      the whole versus just the good. I do not push away
      that which is considered evil for I know it to be of
      ourselves created through neccessity. How he doggedly
      persued his understandings is another thing I can
      relate to.

      I find his thinkings within regards to knowing that
      anything one creates is considered ones own so be
      careful of the sympathies/passions/antipathies one
      might take on. I found a page regarding surrender that
      speaks to my very own heart in such a way that I feel
      it can pull one up and out of a stupor to get back to
      the road of the Godself.

      www.digiserve.com/mystic/Christian/Boehme/

      Anyhow, I feel like my life has just found something
      that will carry it through to the end. And I have not
      even checked his Sophia writings other than the
      mysterium Sophicum (sp)...in here we find a Cabala of
      sorts.

      I love that Steiner has the children take on the
      shoemakers task while in school as this was one of the
      little paths taken on by Jacob. What a beautiful
      gracios man he was it seems. My heart is warmed by his
      integrity and his search.

      Also, Bradford, I am wondering what do you make of the
      Chymical Weddings' seven weights? It seems Dr. Steiner
      holds them to be the Seven Arts? Yet this writer I am
      now reading calls it to be the Seven Virtues. He calls
      that Dr.Steiner was trying to fit into his
      Anthroposophy Stream this for a specific purpose. What
      is interesting to me is that he says Steiner 'waffled'
      at the Towers. If I am on the right path it seems to
      me this Tower and Magdalene have much in common. And
      it is no surprise to me the Towers occur on the sixth
      day.

      Thank you once again for your piercing insight into
      this Jacob and my selfs thinking. The streams
      definitely run into each other fairly easily.

      Love,

      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
    • holderlin66
      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 4, 2004
        holderlin wrote:

        "Bogart did so well as Caine in the "Caine Mutiny" using the nervous
        twitch of Caine, rolling steel marbles, or steelies in his hand, to
        compensate for his war shattered pathology. But Caine had a war
        shattered pathology. Bush has nothing but a limp, protected,
        sheltered, hand picked, Lodge Podge stooge psychology and the
        ultimate insult is that he was designed for the U.S. and us. Bush
        was groomed as governor Cyanide, as addictive drunk, as failed
        twelve step flunkie, as I luv dashboard Jesus cause he saved me...
        and that is the nature of the hairbrained half of the country that
        do not have the limberness of mind left in them to retain a scrap of
        self knowledge.

        What is left is stubborn, rigid, goose stepping, stiff armed denials
        and a Charleton Heston angry delerious cry, "from my cold dead
        hands" will they give up the GOP or the Power of Avarice no matter
        what truth stares them in the face. And for Anthro students, you
        would do well to study that face of GWB during the debates. You
        would have done well to study Zell Miller giving his speech at the
        RNC. You would do well to digest in your soul life what pathology
        looks like and if you need some help go back to Bogart in "The Caine
        Mutiny". "

        http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=18115

        "Bush's conduct was reminiscent of that of Captain Queeg, the
        mentally ill captain portrayed by Humphrey Bogart in "The Caine
        Mutiny" who could conceal his disorder unless rattled enough.

        In the film, Queeg orders his officers to steer the ship on a course
        that will cause the ship to flounder in a typhoon, in the South
        Pacific during World War II. He abruptly freezes in fear and his
        executive officer seizes control of the ship and saves everyone's
        butts.

        The exec and a second officer involved in the mutiny go on trial and
        their attorney, portrayed by Jose Ferrer, challenges Queeg on his
        accusations of officer disloyalty until Queeg erupts into a paranoid
        rant witnessed by the courtmartial judges.

        Bush on Thursday stopped short of a paranoid rant, but he sure
        bordered on it. He kept repeating himself, got annoyed whenever an
        indefensible question was directed to him and continued to complain
        about his administration's policies being "hard work."