49986With a spoonful of sugar.... (was: Worldviews)

    Apr 4, 2012

      > This whole storm-in-a-teacup that Alicia has created in her kiosk seems symptomatic of the problems of failed communication, generating suspicion of motives and, at the extreme, paranoia

      What Alicia needs is lots of comforting and hugs. Look at her blog profile photo, the one with the camera. She looks so stylish, classy, artistic and intelligent. Probably very talented. It would be more realistic and useful to direct her suspicion and paranoia at her local police and government and organized crime, but maybe she figures the Goetheanum is all of the above and that we're all field soldiers and regional anthro-officers eavesdropping on enemies and entrapping them, ambushing them. All she needs to know is that she's beautiful and lovable justg like our Beloved Sister. Hmmmm... Treasurable Swede-Sweet, how does that sound? Or maybe the words nieed switching around, we'll see .. any suggestions?

      > (Ulf's posting, that I quoted from above, is perhaps a borderline example of this, with its use of terms like 'persecution', 'Fortress of Deception', 'change-resistant sect' and etc) that a clash of world-views can create, especially if it is between intransigent and inflexibly minded groups.

      I hope he's not another homicidal mack the knife, because I think he lives in Norway, and this is not a big country. It means he lives very close to the influence of the trolls -- not the cybertrolls but the nefarious trolls of the mountains, lakes, and forests; especially the mountain trolls are evil, and maybe Ulf is a cave dweller, a werewolf or something. But if we investigate him further, I'm sure we'll find plenty of sweetness and spring flowers in him too; he's a Sugar Cherub after all.

      > But in this case the intransigence is mostly with WC.

      We've got to think of them as cute little children with frequent temper tantrums. (Remember how upset they used to get back in the old days when we reminded them that the WC is an unplumbable Water Closet.) The best therapy and medicine for them would be Mary Poppins with her spoonful of sugar:

      A Spoonful of Sugar - Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews)

      (I've always looooved Julie Andrews! (And Dick van Dyke too!)