49965Worldviews

  • ted.wrinch
    Apr 3, 2012
      Alicia had a strong allergic reaction to her peek over here and the experience appears to be still reverberating in her being:

      "I'm so fed up with crap-spouting assholes, of which there are plenty
      in the world, that I'm getting cranky. Sorry... I shall resume to
      ignore them entirely."

      But one wonders what could have caused such a vehement reaction. Fear! She's set up her Wordpress weblog, 'the ethereal kiosk', to allow her to write about her interest in Rudolf Steiner and to encourage others to discuss and chat and laugh about the same. And this has worked very well and she gets a wide range of people that drop by, albeit more in the category of sceptics and (mild) critics - a completely different constituency from WC! The posts cover a wide range of topics, from biodynamcis, to Waldorf, to Goethean science, but the one thing that they have in common is that they, mostly, take none of it seriously. She has a surprising fascination for a subject that, by her account, was a big part of the cause of a deeply unhappy childhood and, it seems, possibly a cause of current health issues. Why would someone in this context have such a fascination? The subject's obviously interesting to her, but why? It's not real to her, but nevertheless draws here to it and keeps her there - for the four years I've been aware of her presence on WC, and I assume for much longer before that. It's a puzzle isn't it? I think that at some deep, semi-conscious level of being she actually finds value and truth in it. At the level of her everyday, conscious self she denies this and says its 'unscientific' and 'irrational', but yet she persistsÂ….I think that it's this conflict between the depths and the surface that is what prompted the strength of the outburst above; its a reaction to the fact that people here don't just play with Steiner concepts but take them seriously, as part of a worldview.

      T.

      Ted Wrinch
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic