      From: elfuncle <elfuncle@...>
      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Prison, death penalty, the WC (was: Oslo in the world headlines)
      To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 24, 2011, 7:24 AM

      > I didn't think it was muslims rather a fanatic and that could be any.

      Oslo was far from an unlikely target for islamic extremists, so this assumption did make sense at first. Security here has been very low compared to the rest of Europe and other parts of the world, there's a lot of debate about that now because we'd like to keep it that way. I have personally engaged in casual conversations with politicians and incumbent government reps I've met on the street, in stores, in caf├ęs and shops and so on over the years, and Norway has always been proud of this kind of openness between ordinary people and political leaders. Of course new security measures will be implemented after this, but they don't want this openness and availability to be reduced.